test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointed in mod 16

2»

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    nemesrich said:

Goodbye to you, too. Hope you will be still in a funny mood when the game will be closed because players left it.

Wait, weren’t you leaving because you cannot have so many temp HP the game breaks?

I’ll be perfectly fine if the game closes, it’s something I do for fun. It will not be the first, nor the last thing I do for fun that others no longer care for, or that I no longer care for.

I’m also not worried about the long term health of the game because of these changes, unless the devs cannot get closer to their goals than they are now (which is unlikely). A game where choosing a race or class doesn’t automatically severely restrict your ability to do content is much better at retaining players than one where you put hours into the game and suddenly find no one wants to play with your character, no matter how good a job you did with it because it’s not one of the 5 or so cookie cutter builds that are considered to work.

Paladin can still be improved for Mod16, but it’s not going back to the game deforming monster it can be now and if that’s all you’re interested in, the game is done for you.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • urbandk#7136 urbandk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    On the preview server, Oathkeeper Feat Lasting Bond is unlocked at lvl 59. It states "Extends the duration of Bond of Virtue by 6s". That's great, but you don't get access to Bond of Virtue Encounter power until level 74. Why would anyone ever choose the Lasting Bond Feat?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2019

On the preview server, Oathkeeper Feat Lasting Bond is unlocked at lvl 59. It states "Extends the duration of Bond of Virtue by 6s". That's great, but you don't get access to Bond of Virtue Encounter power until level 74. Why would anyone ever choose the Lasting Bond Feat?

They wouldn't once they realized bond's utility as a massive group heal has been diminished. Bond should have been the first encounter once the oathkeeper paragon is chosen imho. It does too little to warrant it being available at level 77. I personally feel they should have moved cleansing touch to divine touch's place in the tree, placed Divine touch where divine shelter is now and give divine shelter the ability to remove negative effects from the group, in addition to the heals and barrier it does now.

Heck, paladins don't get their first heal until level 12 iirc when Divine touch becomes available. No heals from burning light and sanctuary isn't tied to the block anymore but a daily (and with the exception of the party wide CC) a very lackluster one at that. There is the damage resistance and the heals but no movement at all. So many things to improve. :/
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    You are absolutely right! I think that the devs forgot to read the 5e handbook before talking about going to 5e settings with this mod. Buffing paladins' damage is more than nessecary.
    ron#1747 said:

You are absolutely right! I think that the devs forgot to read the 5e handbook before talking about going to 5e settings with this mod. Buffing paladins' damage is more than nessecary.

I'm starting to think they didn't even look over the powers list and the associated tooltips before they came up with what we have for mod 16. Some of these decisions really don't seem to make a lot of sense.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > You are absolutely right! I think that the devs forgot to read the 5e handbook before talking about going to 5e settings with this mod. Buffing paladins' damage is more than nessecary.
    >
    > I'm starting to think they didn't even look over the powers list and the associated tooltips before they came up with what we have for mod 16. Some of these decisions really don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Because the DEVs don't actually care about the game nor the player base.

The changes to the game are clearly made to cover up them not being creative.

> @majorcharvenak said:

> You are absolutely right! I think that the devs forgot to read the 5e handbook before talking about going to 5e settings with this mod. Buffing paladins' damage is more than nessecary.

>

> I'm starting to think they didn't even look over the powers list and the associated tooltips before they came up with what we have for mod 16. Some of these decisions really don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Because the DEVs don't actually care about the game nor the player base.

The changes to the game are clearly made to cover up them not being creative.

Oh they care to an extent. They have to as they need to get paid. But when the company shifted focus to support development of WoTC flagship I think much of that concern (along with available manpower) was lost.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac