test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recovery & Lifesteal removal a bad idea?

13»

Comments

• seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Now if any 1 remember the old day when healing still a thing I'm at 50/50 on removal of recovery but lifesteals I do agree.
    Why because it sounds wired when u able to self heal from 1 hit to Max, only this MMORPG I found able to do that. Other it requires healer to heal. This is what cryptic wanted to bring back the healer.
    But what they didn't realize the problem is the power creep is just too strong.
    The balance between mobs attack is still bad, and the CD on each encounter skill.
    1 shot by boss special attack make sense but mobs 1 shot u is stupid. (Readjust the mobs DMG please it's really frustrating getting 1 shot by mobs attack even heal can't save anyone from that)
    For recovery
    Yes it make sense ppl can spam daily like at will is just dumb. But I don't agree of complete removal why not just remove the AP gain.
  • toadgoadertoadgoader Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    What is wrong with the concept of diminishing returns for Life Steal and Recovery or all traits for that matter...

The mechanics for this are useful and make sense...what doesn't make sense is to allow these attributes to increase in effectiveness linearly...

Give us the choice to forego the extra crit chance just so we can eek out that 1/10th of 1% more life steal... if all of these attributes could be increased on a log curve rather than a linear curve the negative effects would be minimized... There wouldn't be a hard cap but a log type of curve would eventually make the addition of more of a single trait so inefficient that the class would gain much more benefit by focusing on another trait.

You could also take this one step further and assign different return curves for each attribute based upon class... You can leverage the shapes of different log curves to manage attribute growth and effect.
    1. for instance... a fighter could have a much steeper curve for life steal than a Warlock meaning that they would receive less life steal effect for the same amount of life steal. They would be more dependent on healing and potions...but have a much higher resistance to damage and higher HP to offset.
    2. Same thing for crit... a rogue might have a flatter curve while a paladin would have a steeper curve... both would benefit equally at loser levels of crit but the rogue would get more (or better) benefit at higher levels.
    3. Inversely the pally may have a more favorable curve on recovery than the rogue meaning the rogue would have to be more careful with their cool downs
    4. Hunters and rogues may have a more favorable AP curve over another class but pay for it with a less favorable curve in another attribute.
    5. It becomes a way to differentiate and balance different classes and prevents every class from loading up on AP, Crit and Power all the time... maybe a rogue would get less effect from power while a wizard would get more benefit at higher levels...
    I'm just not convinced that eliminating it altogether is an optimal solution.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The Neverwinter powers that be (PTB) stated they believe there is a "gold glut" in the game and were considering ways to remedy that... Seems to me decreasing potion drops during runs and eliminating or seriously nerfing Life Steal and Recovery for characters is a very good way of forcing more players to buy healing potions.

Some will likely buy with AD's most will probably be forced to buy with Gold. Having to now buy things from vendors that previously used to frequently drop seems to me to be a very effective AD and Gold sink to reduce the amount currently being held by some players... of course for those of us who do not posess the in game riches as those "some players", it kind of sucks... :/

If you're ahead - you get aheader... If you're behind - you get behinder. Such is life in Neverwinter apparentlly ~

Just my opinion.
    DD~