test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Stats & Mechanics

2»

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well to be fair @lldt , there are many times we tested things.. put in reports.. to have them ignored for weeks to months, I mean really game breaking stuff, just not the some graphical glitch.. things that allowed some players to make millions upon millions of AD.

Until those game breaking were revealed to public, they never did anything about it.. you wonder how our economy suffers so harshly? its the result of massive game breaking bugs.. that allowed certain players to pool up 60 million ad at a time..

So its a bit frustrating if you try to even play a semi-balance legitimately. when players can wreck havoc and a design team is so slow to fix things.

I dont know if you were here for mod 6 or not.. but let me tell you, most of us spent hours and hours testing broken class mechanics, reporting them.. and asking simply questions about new powers (like explain what gaes and warding flare do.. because that was our basic question.. what was their purpose.. we never go ta answer.. gaes stunned bosses at first.. so we were like.. oh, well i guess that is what it does.. then they removed it.. making it simply a useless skill, and warding flare was simply redundant to other powers no one ever used (a weaker version of something we already had twice)

BECAUSE no dev took it upon themselves to do a second pass through of DC.. we were left with tons of broken things at the start of mod 6.. including new powers... that still to this day.. are completely useless.. All because we couldnt get 5 mins of one devs time at mod 6..

After that I gave up testing and reporting thigns, other then massive bugs that I found, because what is the point.. they never paid attention..

So ya.. its a either take it or leave it.. not even sure I care about people using massive game breaking bugs anymore.. as again.. if they refuse to really go through and weed out accounts with 600 million ad + in them.. whats the point.. these people can at will play with anything they want to.

• lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2019

there are many times we tested things.. put in reports.. to have them ignored for weeks to months, I mean really game breaking stuff, just not the some graphical glitch.. things that allowed some players to make millions upon millions of AD.

To be fair, I wasn't referring to those things you listed, which are completely legitimate (these are frustrations we all share). It was a reply to a post making demanding suggestions with the added arrogance and condescending tone of someone speaking as if they were the authority on the subject.

• soulaeterrsoulaeterr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    so is the crit cap as a total cap or it caps at 50 AFTER the math has been done??
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

so is the crit cap as a total cap or it caps at 50 AFTER the math has been done??

The blog looks pretty clear to me that it is the chance that is capped, so that would be AFTER the "opposing roll" math. Meaning for high level zones you still need to stack Critical Chance to overcome Critical Avoidance.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Didn't you guys read the blog post, these changes help simplify things. O_o