test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD16] - Overhaul of Enchantments which provide Recovery?

2»

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    empalas said:

arcanjo86 said:

for all player worried about recovery, time to think on maximizing recharge speed ability score stat, and utility enchantments with recharge speed stat, the ap gain gan be granted by ap gain jewels + aggression insignias(mod 16 the insignias stats will be doubled and maintain same il), im counting they will give player a race reroll to reroll race+starting ability scores for my all classes chars.

They mentioned limiting AP gain as well so I suspect there won't be ways to speed that up by much outside of encounter/artifact powers.
    were is that ap gain limit mentioned?
    edited February 2019

arcanjo86 said:

just got told to read that post that says 1 il =20 points on stats, check you current gear and see how much stats you will get according to this system ;)

So I'd be around 360K Gear Score.
    you doing math wrong way, gear il *20= total values of stats on that gear, +5 shadowstalker, 510 il *20 =10200 split between power and arp pen on that ring, the il of the player is same but the stats they give are higher.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I'm really not following you as I haven't drink my coffee yet.

Do it like this:

I have 18.1K IL. How much would I have with the new system? Just a rough estimate
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Don't know that there's any valid information available to support this, but I'm noting that suddenly Lifedrinker is HOT on the AH.

Moderate enchants going for nearly $1M AD - and they are in short supply. Perfect Lifedrinker listed at $3.5 M...crazy.

Just 3 - 4 days ago these same enchants were bargain basement material.

People are getting ready for the upcoming mod. It is a big mod and people want to sell at the start of the mod to people who occasionally come, invest crazy money, and play for a month or less. But PvP-wise, Lifedrinker might be a thing to go to.
    player will regret to sell their stuff, players will need accuracy to counter enemies deflect/doge, critical strike to counter enemies critical avoidance, armpen to counter enemies defense, combat advantage to counter enemies awareness, and about the power il will affect enchantments and runes, so far bonding runes offence slots 115 il give 2300, while on mod 15 1080 power, so please dont sell anything at all save, save, save.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

Don't know that there's any valid information available to support this, but I'm noting that suddenly Lifedrinker is HOT on the AH.

Moderate enchants going for nearly $1M AD - and they are in short supply. Perfect Lifedrinker listed at $3.5 M...crazy.

People are getting ready for the upcoming mod. It is a big mod and people want to sell at the start of the mod to people who occasionally come, invest crazy money, and play for a month or less. But PvP-wise, Lifedrinker might be a thing to go to.
    player will regret to sell their stuff, players will need accuracy to counter enemies deflect/doge, critical strike to counter enemies critical avoidance, armpen to counter enemies defense, combat advantage to counter enemies awareness, and about the power il will affect enchantments and runes, so far bonding runes offence slots 115 il give 2300, while on mod 15 1080 power, so please dont sell anything at all save, save, save.
    it really depends my friend, if powershare would be removed. all radiants in the game ( all those OP and ACDC ) will have to get those enchant changed. to add to it, im using dread , and since crit is going to be capped at 50%, its value if enchant doesnt change will go down to the dumbster. But I will not sell them, simply becouse i dont feel like fighting undercutting war, if im cucked so be it. There will be other games to play.
    arcanjo86 said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about that. No. I probably should, but I won't sell my items just like that. Especially not at the current state of events as I might lose a lot in the process. I do not like to gamble like that and thank you for your concern. : )

I was referring to the typical increase of prices on AH whenever a new MOD hits. This is a proven fact.

The basic thing for most people is to buy everything prior to the hit of a new mod, so that they can make some easy profit. This is the thing with every major MMORPG as exclusivity and offer play important role, especially in a new environment.
    It is a bit of a gamble, too. For instance, prior to the MOD15 I invested a lot into Gold Ingots and my Jewelcrafting, only to find out that Electrum necklaces were all the buzz.
    I quickly made a ton and sold for over 20 mil. It was THAT easy. And people were buying like crazy, too.
    So it is all just a matter of how good you can play AH, as playing Ah is also a part of the game when you feel like it and you can make some great profit by doing so and knowing what sells, what's needed, who buys and how it goes.
    But this is different a bit I think. This is literally buying of things hoping that it will sell high later on due to changes, potential ones or not at all.
    True Neutral

Do it like this:

I have 18.1K IL. How much would I have with the new system? Just a rough estimate

its not based on you total il, its based on each piece of gear item level, enchantments il, runes item level, for just the shadowstalker ring +5(power and armpen) new system that will give you 10200 total in stats values if you divide it by 2 you get 5100 in power /5100 in armpen
    leonidrex said:

arcanjo86 said:

it really depends my friend, if powershare would be removed. all radiants in the game ( all those OP and ACDC ) will have to get those enchant changed. to add to it, im using dread , and since crit is going to be capped at 50%, its value if enchant doesnt change will go down to the dumbster. But I will not sell them, simply becouse i dont feel like fighting undercutting war, if im cucked so be it. There will be other games to play.
    Power doesnt look like are gone, healer classes will sure need recharge speed and power for heals potency fast casting.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

"the amount of stats per IL will be normalized. That means Shadowstalker +5 with 510 IL which currently gives 1357 stats (while R14 3-stat enchant gives 1400 stats) in new mod will give 510*20=10200 stats."

Or (more likely) the ilevel will be adjusted to 1357/20 = 68, while the r14 would have an ilevel of 70.

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

pterias said:

They stated that there would still be a couple sources of lifesteal. Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft enchants seem like the perfect candidates for that. So instead of them being gutted or changed, you might see them become the new hotness for soloing.

They could also throw in an extra item or two, like a Ring of Vampiric Regeneration, but using them would force a choice between having lifesteal vs being more powerful. That would still mainly be useful in solo content, but redundant in group content with a healer. I'm not making any bets, but I think it would be more than a fair trade.

Afaik the D&D rules are not allowing vampiric life drain to heal you, they rather grant temp hit points. In order to give actual healing a much more prominent role from M16 on, I'd go into that direction if I were them.
    That may be the case in the new game and would also be a good way to go. I was thinking more of the old-school version where you actually regain straight HP. In the 2nd Ed. game I run, my brother's Half-Orc Henchman Fighter has a Ring of Vampiric Regeneration, a Girdle of Stone Giant Strength, and the +2 cursed axe from Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, so every time he touches an enemy with his axe he heals for like 6-10 HPs. He's a beast.

Do it like this:

If I'm interpreting it right, it sounds like you should be able to add up all your stats, divide by 20, and that would be your new IL. Roughly.
    OMFG YOUR IL STAYS THE SAME(CHANGES AT LVL 80 WITH THE NEW GEAR), ITS THE STATS ON THE GEAR/ENCHANTMENTS/RUNES THAT WILL BE BOOSTED NOT YOUR CURRENT IL
    arcanjo86 said:

OMFG YOUR IL STAYS THE SAME(CHANGES AT LVL 80 WITH THE NEW GEAR), ITS THE STATS ON THE GEAR/ENCHANTMENTS/RUNES THAT WILL BE BOOSTED NOT YOUR CURRENT IL

Okay, okay, you do not have to get angry at us :o
    True Neutral