test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XBox One X - Graphics quality degrades over time

sorjal#1721 sorjal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
This is on an XBox One X
Depending on the area and the amount of effects being displayed/rendered, over time my graphics quality will become more "choppy" and various effects will either be delayed in being displayed or not displayed at all.
One typical location for this is in the Well of Dragons. After a few of the demons quests where there are enough players to trigger the additional encounter, my game will begin to have issues displaying the portals, the Pillar of Fire effect, etc. Most problematic with this are times when the graphics are needed to avoid an effect. Frequently it reaches a point where the White knight mob's "ice ball" graphics are not displayed and I become frozen without seeing anything to avoid.
The only solution I have found to this is temporary, and it is logging out of the game and then using "quit app" from the XBox home screen and reloading the game. Upon doing this these degraded graphics quality is restored temporarily.
From a completely non-technical and wild guessing perspective, its like the graphics memory isn't clearing properly and that over time less memory is available for rendering. This is a complete guess and I have no way of determining if that is even possible.
I do not see any options for lowering or reducing graphics quality or displayed items (such as removing damage/healing pop outs) and have no way of trying to see if there is a way to delay this problem from occurring. As it's pretty dependent on the activities going on in the game, how long the problem takes to manifest varies.
Does anyone else have this issue, is it a known problem, or should I be looking towards MS to see if there are any hardware problems with my console?
Post edited by sorjal#1721 on