test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screwed up a new event

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
load the mortars, sure easily said but they only 'spawn' once ever minute it seems and there are 6 people camped on each one... nice job

edit: 3 minutes after the 5 people fight over it, for it to spawn again?

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    ^^^This!^^^ I mean one strike after another with these events. WTF?
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Can we please get the cooldown on mortars reduced? To 10-15 secs. The 2 min. timer now is causing 2-3 people at least to camp on top of each mortar with more trying to ninja 1. It's taking 20-30 mins to complete this quest for a event that should be enjoyable but has turned in to a stress fest fighting over who gets to click the sparkles...
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    dontez1 said:

Can we please get the cooldown on mortars reduced? To 10-15 secs. The 2 min. timer now is causing 2-3 people at least to camp on top of each mortar with more trying to ninja 1. It's taking 20-30 mins to complete this quest for a event that should be enjoyable but has turned in to a stress fest fighting over who gets to click the sparkles...

Why not just allow you to walk up to the mortar and click on it, why make you wait? I mean is sitting there waiting for something... fun? At least add 6 more mortars and reduce the cool down time. I think the max in a instant is about 40, that is a LOT of people who could all be possibly waiting for a cool down.

As I said in another thread, what this load tested?

Post edited by pitmonster#5684 on
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I was getting a 3 minute cooldown, and on one character I stood there for 25 minutes trying to catch the F button, as I said on 2 other posts, I am skipping this one after last weeks mess, there should be no cooldown on those mortars and there should be no "gate" on the dog quest........too bad since usually I have enjoyed the events
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    They have three-minute cooldowns. Bad design. The event is a neat idea, but apparently no one thought about scalability. If you think it's bad now, wait until the weekend when more people are on. The animosity will be x10. I would urge the devs to fix this ASAP.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    And people say pvp is dead...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Timer changed to 15 seconds. Fixed!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.