test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your customized HUD layouts!

midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
Hey all! I thought this would be fun and help me with a project. Will you post screenshots of how you've personalized your HUD?

Comments

• isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Disabled bits were the mini map and the notification popups for lore entries and loot rolls.
    Only bit I'd love to further edit is to move my Soul Spark counter, but it works.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • coolboyzarcoolboyzar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Some forums don't like the https: for iimgur, change it to http: and give it a try...
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User

Hey all! I thought this would be fun and help me with a project. Will you post screenshots of how you've personalized your HUD?

How about after this posting goes for a little while, you take those elements and make them available to the Console players.
  • johnsmith#4191 johnsmith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    the current HUD is lacking in something really big for me. the inability to see real-time power, defense, critical, lifesteal, recovery etc information in combat, 1 have to go into "C" and out each time. How about having the ability to show that information when u type in special codes to activate them??

Maybe even graphical bars might be nice ... hehe..
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

the current HUD is lacking in something really big for me. the inability to see real-time power, defense, critical, lifesteal, recovery etc information in combat, 1 have to go into "C" and out each time. How about having the ability to show that information when u type in special codes to activate them??

Maybe even graphical bars might be nice ... hehe..

I would love this. Having to open the character sheet to see these during combat makes it a non-starter for me. This makes it very difficult for me to track how much more of a particular stat I might want or need. Having an element in the HUD that provides this information, even in just a text format, would be a massive QoL improvement.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have a 4k monitor, 34 inches, I'm having a bit of trouble, the windows open up on the left, and I'm tired of turning my problem right one turn left.update condition for high resolution. The menu is always set to 1440 1080
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    This is my HUD screen showing the windows. The mission tracker window is as small as I could make it so it doesn't flow down over my chat window. The Item notifications have been moved or disabled where I can. Same with the NPC voice window.
    This is the screen with people in a party. You can see the party status bars will go flying off into nowhere instead of across my screen. On a laptop, screen real estate is valuable, too valuable to waste on notifications and buff bars.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    This is my main hud configuration, I like having my stamina and buff bar centered so I can easily see them.

and this is the UI, with a big chat window almost going half the height and over it the team part, mainly because I usually go for adventures just for the fun, nothing hardcore, so the team buff bar rarely goes all over the screen.
    The rewards button is displaced to the left so it doesn't mess with the inventory, mostly with "identify all" and "Convert refinement points".

screenshot-2019-01-31-23-33-40

Inside the chat window I like seeing the time and the full handle of people.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    As you can see, I prefer the quests and map on the left side of the screen. I prefer to keep my combat zone clear. I have the team set up on the right side, moved all notifications over to the left above the chat window, and left the boss bar up top.
    VnPWt.png
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    To everyone moving team status to the right-side of the screen to keep the screen clear of buff bars - THANK YOU! I had not thought of that! Silly me! :)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Personnally,

I like to have minimal eyes mouvement.
    When I focus on my character in a middle of a fight, I can see my Buff bar, My AP Recharge, My Encounter cool down,
    My artifact cool down, My 3 Items Cool down.

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • myrtalmyrtal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Basically to make character more visible.
    https://i.imgur.com/BWBQG0y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LwzreKU.jpg
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    this is the layout i did on mine

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @midnightlight#2361 please make minimap bigger! (FullHD tweaks?)

Perfectly centered:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Less intrusive and more balanced

edited February 2019
    I've long been unhappy with the mostly default layout I've been using. Since this thread was created, I decided to see if I could come up with something that suited me better. I've now got all the stuff I access relatively frequently centrally located in a place I naturally tend to look at first. I moved the boss HP bar to just above the power tray, which makes it more prominent for me and clears up the area of the screen I'm most looking at during a boss fight.

I have a kind of inattentional blindness for things on the left side of my screen. So I moved the chat window to the upper left, which makes it slightly more visible for me than it was when it was in the lower left and also slightly less visible than when it was in the upper right. This lets me still notice guild chat, party chat, and tells, while filtering out irrelevant alliance chatter and chatter in other channels.

The mission tracker and mini-map in the upper right make it easy for me to find them. The party status on the right side will make it easier for me to keep track of if someone goes down and needs help.

I moved the "Character Status Bar #1" and "Character Status Bar #2" to the middle of the screen. I haven't yet figured out what they do, exactly. I moved the normal notification bar to the same place to make sure I see it. And I hid the NPC chat window and the Notifications Window.

Post edited by frozenfirevr on
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Here are 3 pictures of my HUD Setup; I have also included info on why I set my HUD up this way below these pictures:

My HUD setup and other customizations were all done primarily with PVP in mind, I am mainly PVP. My HUD gives me excellent visibility of my surroundings. I didn't want anything blocking my view so everything has been moved out of my way while still being in places I would instinctively think to look. I seem to favor the the entire left side of my screen and the middle of the bottom of my screen the most so the most important things were placed there. I was also careful not to put everything in the same spot, this was partially to make it so I didn't have any spots that felt lopsided or too empty. The other reasons are to further incentivize me to pay attention to my whole screen and to make it easier to spot the exact thing I am looking for.

Having the chatbox at the top left of my screen makes it more likely that I will see instructions from my team and its easier for me to type replies that way. I never liked how the default position for the chatbox is at the bottom of the screen.

Its important for me to be able to see all of my buffs so I kept my buffbar on the upper left side of my screen.

I also want to be able to see my teammates' healthbars so I made sure to keep them near my own character icon and I kept them on the left side of my screen.

My powers, healthbar, artifact power and mount combat power are among the most important things for me to easily see, I occasionally glance at them to see where my cooldowns are at but I don't want them in my way. So I kept them close to the bottom of my screen. I also moved them slightly to the left instead of perfectly centering them, this is because I tend to lean towards the left side of my computer when sitting.

I moved my minimap closer to the edge of my screen than the default had it at, it looked better that way and gave me more space. I also hide any HUD things I don't want to be able to see behind my minimap.

I found it was much easier to remember to invoke if the invoke icon was placed at the bottom right of my screen instead of the top right. I never liked how the default settings place the invoke icon at the top right of my screen.

I also put my potion slots at the bottom right of my screen to make it easier to see the invoke icon and also because they aren't as important as my healthbar, powers, artifact power, and mount combat power.

I was used to seeing the mission tracker on the middle right side of my screen so I left it there with only minor adjustments.

Item notifications I am used to seeing at the bottom left of my screen. I'm not sure if that is the default or if I moved them there at one point and got used to it.

I like having the scoreboard and other notifications in the middle or top of my screen so I left them like that with only minor adjustments.

The golden bar with AH, campaigns, social menus, ect on it I like better in the top right of my screen instead of at the top center of my screen.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

If there only was a possibility to split / lock the chat window on the Hud, it would be a good step forward towards probably a lot of players

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    cant stop loving the way i did my layout and how mine came together since i found it's really easy to use
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I recently remembered to scale my text and and other HUD components down to 85% seeing as I'm on a 15' laptop. Makes for more screen real estate, also turned off ALL damage floaters, yeah I miss out on seeing the really big numbers but as an SW, some powers will wipe out visibility of all mobs and bosses due to the damage floaters covering everything. Tyrannical and pillar for example. So that's another consideration for HUD upgrades.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have multiple UI builds and load them using key binding, you can read my example of how to do this here on the wiki. I even have a /reset command so I can quickly revert my settings to my default values.

@midnightlight#2361 When are we going to get the option to hide the stupid reticle?

wb-cenders.gif
    edited February 2019

I recently remembered to scale my text and and other HUD components down to 85% seeing as I'm on a 15' laptop. Makes for more screen real estate, also turned off ALL damage floaters, yeah I miss out on seeing the really big numbers but as an SW, some powers will wipe out visibility of all mobs and bosses due to the damage floaters covering everything. Tyrannical and pillar for example. So that's another consideration for HUD upgrades.

I can only imagine how big the text would be on a 15 foot laptop. One question: When the computer is that big, can you really still call it a laptop? :D:D