test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

1234568»

Comments

• bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    Just ran 12 CTAs with my main. Had 1 token from 11 runs on Thursday or Friday before latest hotfix. Still at 1 token after 12 runs today. Received "you may only have one unique item" msg on 4th and 9th runs. It is now impossible for me to hit the cap of 3 tokens for this event, even if I get one tomorrow.
  • e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    I'm angry. Seven of my characters did the 10 and got NO Token.
    Then I hear they supposedly fixed it. Well that was just a lie because I did the 10 tonight on one character finishing at 2:45AM CST. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
  • forumuser#2338 forumuser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The fix and extending the event isn't enough. I ran multiple toons over the weekend and eventually gave the whole thing up as a bad joke. Now its "supposed" to be fixed and I don't have the time to get my 3 tokens before the event ends. Thanks for nothing.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Did 12 runs this morning 5.45 am gmt No token. Got 1 from 6 days.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    This time that 10 minutes break for hotfix worked for me.

All my toons I run CTA multiple times got their missing tokens ending on 3.
    Got 2 toons who never run enaugh CTA to get 3 tokens and both have correct number of tokens they supposed to have (1 and 2).

So I can call it a little miracle here as that hotfix worked out for me giving every toon what they deserved.
    Sorry for all of you still not getting what you deserve for that event.

Thanks Julia @nitocris83 and the devs team. I know I am mostly harsh on my opinions about your acomplishments :D but this time I know you put a lot of hard work to fix that new event issue and I respect that a lot. Hopefully it wont happen on next CTAs :D
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    So, the character I had who ran 12 CTA on Sunday, and got 0, and then after the final hotfix still had zero:

- Ran 2 more CTA yesterday (Tues.) to see if that triggered anything. Still zero.
    - Ran 8 more today (Wed), got a token.
    - Ran 3 more (trying to get a blue horn), 11 total for the day, got another token.
    - Ran 2 more (still trying), 13 total for the day, got a 3rd token and a blue horn.

It is possible I miscounted somewhere, but that looks like 3 tokens in one day, after 27 runs total. Since they don't show in inventory, only at the vendor, I frankly won't be surprised at all if the tokens evaporate before the next CTA. And I still have no clue if the weapons are even worth getting, tbh.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Well I got my third tokens on my 2 chars today (Thu-Wed run every day on one character, missed a day on the other), I would have done a lot more characters if the event had worked properly.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

This might be just my bad RNG luck but my daughter and I have been running this since the 2nd hotfix and we have not had any rares drop on any of our toons. Did this "fix" nerf epic drops?

Just wanted to report back that, yes, I did get a epic mount drop on an account and toon that is actually still bugged (only has one token) so at least the drops are still working.
  • sapphire#8766 sapphire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have completed more runs that I can remember on my toon every day during the event and throughout the extension and I still have 0 tokens! I didn't get any drops except dyes and medallions! I have put in several help requests and of course no response. Now how am I supposed to get any gear from this event for my toon when the event is over!
  • dergovitchdergovitch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i spammed it whole event ... 1 character got 3 ... other 0 ... KassanDra and EagleEye ... check them out if you don't believe @Support
    God HAMSTER damn people! Almost all of you have run this thing at least 100+ times and you still are not lighting all the fires, leaving zones unprotected while piling up 3 players at the end zone, etc! I mean what the hell?

If you did not light the fire at the end zone then check the other two zones. More than likely the fastest toon beat you to the end. When I run my SW I run to the end, when I run my OP I hit one of the front two, which ever is not defended. I mean this is not rocket science people!
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have a theory that may be the issue. As others mentioned and I noticed myself the problem is and has to be the blue horn. Assuming when the new rewards was being added to the event. The Token of Hero would pop up as received reward in blue icon yet a mistaken code allowed this to happen to the blue horn instead. Once you have this horn I believe the event thinks you just received your token for the day and therefore you can not receive another until the next day. I tested this out myself with a toon who tosses all blue horns and a toon who didn't. Guess what? The toon that didn't toss it didn't get their token for the day...

Like are you guys pulling a fallout 76 here? Make something and not test it. Just release it and fix later? Not cool... acts like this will turn people off from the game. Do you know how hard to convince people to play this game? Seriously cryptic take care of your game and audience who supports it!
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Got all 3 Token of Heroes today (yesterday was 2).
    The issue is fixed for me.
    Thank you.
  • scur#3651 scur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Seems there are edge cases not corrected by the various event fixes.
    Out of 6 days I have 3 tokens, 1 vanity pet, 1 blue horn. For day 1, yesterday and today, I have not received a token (10/10 event completion day 1 & yesterday, 10/11 event completion today). There is still a lot of zone chatter that folks are still not receiving tokens. Yesterday, a player said he had received too many tokens from the event...maybe he/she wasn't being honest and trolling BUT it is possible.
    It would be great if the devs considered running a script to clean up and correct players after the event has ended. I believe this would be a good use of development time to make good on the event and players would appreciate that.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I stopped doing the CTA run after a second day went by w/o getting credit for effort already made (11 runs on 1 toon on one day, no Token).

I'll do the runs in the next event only if I like the random drops from the chest. Not counting on this Token business going forward.
    Tried again just now. Used two characters who each completed the 10 skirmishes.
    Still NO TOKEN. They need to hire better programmers because the ones they have should be fired for slacking.
    Every time they try to expand this game, they always constantly break something. So far, their idea for this C.T.A.:Season is a bust.
    Still have to wonder if they will ever bring back the three dungeons that they removed.
    Also there are three skirmishes that never were promoted to be C.T.A.s as well.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... same here, nothing is fixed with this damn event.
    If you keep the "unique" rewards, you will not get a daily token.

At this point i'm suggesting to send a box containing all "unique" rewards plus 3 tokens to every player, because after several updates and adding more time to the event it's still not working properly.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    So here we find ourselves at the end of the first CTA of the season.

I participated with 4 characters, but would have done more if the event wasn't bugged as HAMSTER.

Char 1 has 3 tokens after 4x10+
    Char 2 has 3 tokens after 3x10+
    Char 3 has 2 tokens after 4x10+
    Char 4 has 1 token after 3x10+
    So out of four characters, only ONE got a token for every day completing 10+ CTA.

Sure hope these bugs are resolved before then next CTA. :/
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    this system is still broken. logged in today for my 10 CTA runs for my 3rd token, after 10 runs, no token.

What are you doing over there?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my OP class character been getting horns, both green and blue, 1 in every 3 runs, once i got blue, and after that, all green horns, and rewards i get was all same, just dyes, medallions, and rank 3 savages, over and over, nothing mix random items, seem getting same fixed items rewarded. altready got mini fraster and got tokens at 10th run, got fed up and tired of "10 runs", so my alts that was recent made ran once for achievements.

there is no sense of picking up rank 1 that cost and consume refine points and rank 2 is a joke for advanced leveled characters, not worth gathering for 2 points.
    CTA's drops still hadnt updated anywhere.

10 runs is pushing toward the new "burnout" and get worst when seeing some players just stood by chests when last boss spawned, and quiet few times it died before i get to hit Fraster, sometimes i had seen some unlit fire brazers and unguarded.
    those objective set up are poorly designed and as other CTA events, most players would just speed run and kill bosses before slow players get there.
    some CTA have narrow long pathing and bypassing trash mobs to bosses, and some other CTA where a single area as "arena' stages and most spellcasters (mages and healers) and range attacking class can nuke before melee class make a hit.
    when they knew which CTA coming and those pick specific class that "gets all" fast before any newer players realized that they cant compete fairly, just made them stand idly and claim rewards once the boss is down.
    WTH? 30 min left of CTA, trying to get my last toon up to 3 since this event is been all gimpped up, and they bring down the servers??? Could they not wait 30 min?
  • roguedemonhunter#1500 roguedemonhunter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    CTA Final tally and review...

1: Thank you for the extra days. Most helpful thing.

2: Thanks for the fixes... Or character account depending, the attempts at fixes. Though out of paranoia and regardless, I still threw out all the bound to character stuff, all the time after the first day- when zone chat suggested that may be the problem. Still bugged 2nd day sometimes even with tossing the stuff. By Saturday things were mostly working and as no character bugged after that. However I never failed to throw everything out so... I can't say whether the unique item bug was even clear or I was just getting lucky versus the others or they were in fact fixed. Sorry I'm not a lot of help there. I had a friend test Sat though keeping the bound to character things and that cost him a coin so...

3: Time involved! OMG! I suppose slightly annoying if your a player with 2- 3 toons.
    Now imagine your account has NINETEEN! :(
    Not kidding. It wasn't nice, not even remotely entertaining for this event.
    So my vote -if any- is that 10X times per character was overkill. Please reduce.

19 characters odd you say? Perhaps, but with free slots with the Dragonborn and Feywyld packs I bought with zen and other promos through the years and 2 toons with this latest Neverember's Recruit thing... YES dang it! I don't like empties. So 19 Characters. Yet I do try to keep them respectable geared in case they wind up in a Prince's Foley or something on the Rando intermediate Q so as not to be a burden to those I wind up placed with. The main character is capable of more difficult stuff, clearly but I don't like running out of bonus AD so I swap for the lesser runs. So there you go. Not bots, not even the one jokingly named Banksey MacBankerface.

Yet they are my darlings and I had to try. So... Results for me and a multiple character account coupled with this event were..

6 characters made it to 3 coins.

4 made it to 2 coins.

9 characters left straggling at 1 coin.

Anyway, the event.

I liked it and I hated it at the same time. Also what other folks say about the chest location in there. Let it spawn where the Giant does. Folks who hung back and only moved when the chest spawned were terrible. I don't think they realized they just made things slower in many cases.

At any rate, thanks for trying. I do hope the next one is more... User and Alt Friendly. Please. :)

Thank you for your time.

PS: I guess I will never see Mini Fraster now... I sure threw a lot of them out though. lol There's a virtual tribute of cast away battle horns and miniature frost giants at the campfire in the instance, that's for sure.
    edited February 2019
    Still waiting for resolution from my ticket submitted to PWE.
    Update: Got a canned response today 2/5; still no tokens
    Post edited by e1emento on