test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new suggestions for new consumables for invokings

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited January 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
both Ardent and Celestial need serious update, we lost one of celestial box that got dropped from list.

i have some "solution" and able to let players spend what they want or need.

the idea is to bring back what was hated the most on "Xp overflow rewards" move to Ardent shopping list, place those Companion XP scrolls (1,500 xp), those items would help players to spend, at the cost of 25 ardent tokens, and those 50,000 xp master trainer books for 50 ardent tokens.

also add insignas on Ardent shopping list, make a "pack" for 1 of each random gylphs, (regal, enlightment, illuminated, barbed, and crescants) at the cost of 50 ardent tokens.
we dont need any of those insignas from kits or low tier basic chests, i hadnt seen any purple insignas in any dungeon chests. this would eliminate any trash loots from chests and lockboxes.

let move on to Celestial tab, let add a new choice for Companion kit, to include more chances to get companion upgrade tokens, some random gears, should only cost 10 Celestial tokens per companion kit.

1. 5 companion tokens (50%-50% chances) or 10 companion tokens for (10% chances)
2. 1 random prime rings/necklaces/waist
3. 1 random secondaries (knots, icons, talismans, and etc.)
4. 2-5 random RP gems
5. (new) mercenary token, 1-5 random amount of tokens, to be use for buying any companions at Companion Emporium Hall by Many Coins Bank, white grade pets cost 10-15 mercenary tokens, green tier pet at 25-30 tokens, blue tier pet at 50 tokens. epics will be add later, all those companions on merchants would be transfer to Mercenary's Companion Emporium Hall at future expanding list.

okay, anyone got better concept?, please go ahead, i would like to hear some ideas and nothing too much or too strong a list.
Post edited by wylonus on

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @wylonus I like these suggestions.
  • Options
    celthil#8842 celthil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I like the ideas but they could use some tweaking.

Ardent has the higher limit and therefore would need more things to spend them on. I would kind of flip flop your items and put companion stuff into ardent since there is more of it. Say companion token bound to character(would prevent alt armies from speed upgrading) 10 or 25 marks, would still take quite a while of logging in to get companions upgraded. Add a companion item pack at say 50, single item random type. Make it an epic item at 100 or higher (account bound so as not to flood the market). Add a few more companions at different values. Would be a way to bring back all the unavailable ones. The xp scrolls would need some tweaking though say 1000 xp =1 mark 50,000 xp at 30 marks. You'll get more by saving up but still only 50k per month. The companion packs they stopped with the new lock boxes could be added in there somewhere if they wanted.

Celestial is where I would put insignias. Add an insignia pack at 10, say 2 random colors but you choose the type or 1 insignia at 5. That way you have a choice of either insignias which give low rp or enchanting stones. Most will still probably go for the enchanting stones but at least they have a choice at something different.

An additional idea to be added into either could be campaign currency or genie's gift. That way it would help speed up the older campaign grinds for the newer characters/players so they can get into the current faster or older players/characters to put into guild coffers. Those would probably be put into the ardent selection for daily log in = reward at certain points not too high otherwise it wouldn't really be speeding up the campaign grind. Face it we all know certain campaigns are way too long of a grind to get through, this could help lesson the "burn out" on those.

Either way both of those areas could use an update on the items available. So overall I agree with your suggestion just needs a little fine tuning and the more we can get it fine tuned the less work they have in coming up with ideas.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

genie's gift.

Oh. My. God. YES! I would empty all my characters of ardent coins in a day on this. Some of them would use it to advance their campaigns. The ones that are done would use it to goose my guild's coffers. I am positively salivating over the idea.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    companion ones are still useless.. they took stacks to upgrade a companion..

I much would prefer the regular experience tomes .. so can level up alts later.

• Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Let me go one step further.

Although I loath the professions update in Mod15 and have basically stopped doing professions, I get what they were trying to do, integrate it more into the game play. One of the things that I have always been disappointed in is that there is absolutely no flavor added to the game per what god you pick. I mean it is completely meaningless. I do understand them staying generally away from having evil gods and such, just avoiding controversy, NP. But why not add flavor and spice to the game as it related to your god?

In D&D most of the time people evoked, it was during battle and they were about to all die and it was a "hail Mary". I kinda like that, that maybe once a day in combat you can evoke and get a response that relates to your god.

The gifts you get should be "flavored" to the god as well. Make sure they are "balanced" so that everyone does not just choose one god to min/max.

And I never understood the camp fire thing to invoke. Have temples and shrines to the various gods all around NW and if you invoke there you get something special.

And just like class and race, have individual god quests. Just a side note on that, there should be more class and race quests peppered through out NW, not just in the leveling areas. Make these things important and add flavor. Same with god.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Celthil, like your understanding and would like see your ideas, genie's gift sound great as good spendables for ardent tokens.
    go for it. let expand some ideas. we need some updating for ardents and celestials.

it hadnt been awhile. because sooner or later, no one wants naga singer when AH getting flooded the market, because these items are completely junk, some dont want potions with very short durations. we want something we can spend.
    i have some alts are nearing 400th ardent tokens and nothing worth spending.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think everyone would like to have really good rewards for just invoking, but the trouble I believe is there are a few players who would do little else but invoke (multiple characters), just to get good rewards so they could turn around and sell them on the auction house.

So of course Neverwinter would probably make any items procured by simply invoking bound to character and ultimately the appreciation for those rewards would likely soon wane and players would start complaining about it...

Since the potion drop, skill kit drop, ID scroll, portable alter and injury kit drops have been so severely nerfed, just speaking for myself I'd appreciate a periodic invocation reward of those items (say on the last invoke of the day), corresponding to the character's level - especially for new and low level players who no longer get those drops which were available prior to Mod 15.

But of course that's just my 2¢
    DD~