test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant lag spikes after last patch

Comments

• giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    i cant play came on fix it
  • superfurrydavesuperfurrydave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Getting sick of the micro stutter now. Good pc here with good internet latest drivers DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMME guys fix the micro stutter issues out ffs
  • twinklfangs#2058 twinklfangs Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problems here. I start off ok but then the stuttering starts and gets worse as time goes by irrelevant of whether I'm solo or in a dungeon. Started with the last patch. My pc is new and this stuttering is happening only in this game. I'm glad I came here to see if others are experiencing the same. It was a relief lol
  • greyangel13greyangel13 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Several members of my Guild and Alliance are experiencing the same issue. As am I. Delays in excess of 20s and so many disconnects.

Is there any word on this? What may be causing it? I've checked my system and Internet connection many times and cannot find a reason there.

Thank you for your time.
  • heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Just a guess but something tells me last patched reverted some files to prior direct x 10 maybe?
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Having the same experience with stuttering lag every few seconds since the last patch. Game starts out fine but after awhile the stuttering starts. Gets worse the longer I play. Feels like a leak. Makes me feel sick trying to continue to play so have to restart the game and go through the same process. Nothing in the background happening on my end to cause it.

My partner, who plays beside me, is not having the issue.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i did the weekly/monthly Windows 7 update dance, but the issue is still the same...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    It's been several days of this. Really bad.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Is it still happening right now? Weekend traffic could have caused some issues and it typically lasts Thursday-Monday. I'll definitely bring it up to the team so they can look into any underlying concerns.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    It is happening as of this post. Some people are completely unable to do any dungeons, and have seen several fails for Kteam MC this week b/c people are lagging too badly to see the aoe pathways.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Since the patch, Ive been getting a crash every 4-6 hours relating to Vertical memory buffer. Could be I have a new issue, but ive never crashed before in 3,000 hours of playing.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Unfortunately, yes it is still happening. I haven't had much time, so I can't give you a very good example. I put this video as "unlisted" so I hope it can still be viewed here. This is what happens after you spend roughly 20 minutes in-game.
    https://youtu.be/oeNYwsmGgKw

It starts out perfectly clear. When you first log in there is no freezing happening. After awhile it starts to freeze every few seconds and gets drastically worse than this above example. Like I said, this is after 20 minutes. The other night I played for about an hour and I was freezing for 3-4 seconds straight.

You will notice my ping goes from it's normal levels (30-80) to 300+ right after the freeze occurs.
    One last thing...This is a very specific kind of lag. I know that others who are experiencing it know what I am talking about.

This isn't just some bad internet or something. There is something clearly going on. The progression of the freezes is very clear and it has no "clear" periods of time in-between. The freezes simply increase in frequency, and duration, as you remain in NW.
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Still happening, yes. Got through a dungeon and a half before it started up. It's steadily progressing to more and more freezes. Like the above poster says, this isn't ordinary lag. And it's not because it was busy; I never lag in NW.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It's definitely still happening. I don't know if there are any Java programmers there, but it sort of feels like when the garbage collector is having a hard time finding more heap space and has to go to greater and greater lengths to defragment existing memory usage to create enough contiguous space -- like there is a resource leak somewhere.

Anyway, that's sort of how it feels -- like some subprocess is putting everything on hold for an instant. The incoming network packets pile up in the meantime, and when play resumes they all get processed at once.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Glad I found this thread today. I've been experiencing the same stutter effect issues since the update.

This is not rubberbanding - I've experienced that before, and invariably it was caused by a slowdown on my router, fixed by a quick reboot.

This stuttering seems to occur for me after I've been playing for maybe 10 - 15 minutes, and then can ebb and flow in terms of the degree of repetition. Standard fixes like a system reboot, or router reboot have no discernible impact on frequency of repetition.

It happens across alts, and on different maps. It's most annoying when in combat and you find your actions are being chopped up by the stuttering, which affects not just the video but the interactions within the game.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    I started seeing this today. Really bad.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

your actions are being chopped up by the stuttering, which affects not just the video but the interactions within the game.

This is the key point here. This isn't "internet lag". If you get "Server Not Responding", while typing a message, the message will send in full when the lag finishes.

This bug actually prevents you from typing! It is like a full blown freeze.

I tried to type "no HAMSTER way" the other day, and it sent as "no HAMSTER" lol...
  • tonycope12tonycope12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I get this lag type stutter after playing for about 30 mins and it slowly gets worse till it makes the game virtually unplayable, so I come out of game and reload. its then ok for the next 30 mins and then same procedure. yes it started after last patch.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    Did you check your memory consumption? I think it is a memory leak issue of the program.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Still happening.
    While the freezes, memory consume jumping, so yes, it is like some sort of resources management.
    Good to reproduce in the Moonstone Mask: after around 5-10 minutes of standing and looking to NPCs/Players from side (to see as many as possible) I got regular freezes and related long lines on the FPS Graph, every 2-3 seconds.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    For me, it is even more simple. Stay in 'choose character' screen (i.e. you are not even playing the game). Make sure the 'performance' of the task manager is running. Walk away for 10 minutes. When I come back, I can see, the memory is increasing slowly for at least one square block and have some spikes in the duration.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tonycope12tonycope12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    lag has been sorted ----- for me anyway
  • flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Has not been sorted at all. It seems to be getting worse as the days pass. No matter how many times I reboot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzK2YxmKbx0

lag has been sorted ----- for me anyway

Me too. Whatever was changed or happened, fixed my issue. TYVM!!!

I played for about 2 hours yesterday with 0 freezes <3
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    yep...since last patch every 17 secs game freezes for 1.2 secs every time intervals and freeze time is the same. pinged numerous random ip addresses and ran tracert 40 times since patch. no issues at this end. had 2nd line engineers run checks on line and ip stacking no issues from their end. this, as others have said is making game unplayable for me.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    heres a thought...roll back the patch and run it on test server to see what is causing issue.....stop making us guinea pigs for broken coding please.
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Works well for me today.
    Playing 3 hours in line and no problems, no freezes, no lags (not more than usually), FPS stable.

As I can see there no patch so it is seems like some sort of ninja-fix.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Can someone experiencing the issue, try running in low graphics mode.. and see if it goes away?

If so, we can probably start isolating what is causing the issue (if its graphics related). Otherwise its game server specific.
  • teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User

@nitocris83

Please escalate this issue. It is actually making the game unable to be played at all. There are many players talking about this issue in-game too. It is very widespread...

it's like that for me to where i haven't been able to play since the release of mod15 and if i try to play all i do is get kicked none stop