test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Sage -- Guild msg board suggestion

demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
I actually brought up a similar suggestion back in November 2017, the thread died, here it is though:
https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235415/stronghold-town-crier-suggestion

My original suggestion was a for a 'Guild Crier' that connected to a msg board. After some (okay - lots) thought, I would like to make some improvements to that previous idea. Instead of a 'Crier', a new NPC simply called "The Sage". He/she would allow guild members to access a list of permanent messages for all guild members.

These messages could be guild rules, a welcome msg, a player 'help guide', etc. This whole idea could be extended to the alliance level as well, simply by having the interaction with 'Sage' giving you a choice between the Guild or Alliance 'Tomes'.

A few details to think about:
  • Access to posting/deleting should be controlled by Guild Boss, handled under settings.
  • The number of msgs should be limited by guild level, perhaps one msg per guild level which right now is a max of 20.
  • If this includes an Alliance board, then it should be limited to one msg per guild plus 2 msgs. (Max would be 15)
  • The posting interface would be similar to sending an email in-game.
Additional suggestions and feedback are welcome!
Guild: Noble Misfits
Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I like this Idea.

Yet they could also simply extend or add the options under a Guilds 'Information' TAB as well. Currently you've got Description, and &/or Message of the Day.

But many of these Sage &/or Cryer options be a nice & different way to do things possible even add 2, 3, 4 or more different messages on different topics. Be even cooler if each Guild could choose the NPC they wanted as their Sage &/or Cryer as well similar to our Retainer.

:+1:
    Post edited by strathkin on