test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

secondary pet bonus powers (upgrade) idea

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
Had a thought. What if you could upgrade your pets with a secondary active bonus power.

I was thinking that each bonus power becomes purchasable from the campaign store when you complete a campaign.

To upgrade a pet you have to have the upgrade gem from the store, a campaign pet to sacrifice and a pet with an empty 2nd bonus slot.

An example of this would be: EE bonus power is "20% chance of setting your target on fire dealing weapon damage every second for 5 seconds, stacks 5 times" add this with a water archon pet to your razorwood pet and get the 2nd active bonus power.

each campaign would have different powers. Some ideas:

EE = elemental damage
TOD = dragon scale armor bonus (10% more defense)
Cloaked ascendancy = 15% chance of negating far realm attacks
sharandar = 15% chance of attacking again on any crit attack
SKT = 20% damage resistance from giant class
barovia = 10% damage and resistance with undead

thoughts? comments ?

Comments

• Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    There is another thread talking about companion powers and I noted there as her, just change companion powers to mimic mounts. Aka, the "good stuff" is done by ensigns or companion gear that change what buffs they provide. Their actions can stay the same, aka, a Con Artist is still a melee attacker and a Mage is still throwing firewalls, but the buffs use variable charm allotments.

For me it has to do with immersions. Seeing everyone with the same companions or flavors of the week is just min/max boring BS. The story and immersion is one of the more important reasons I play NW.