test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What To Do With Lumens? [WInterfest stuff]

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Ok I haven't ever really taken part in the Winterfest Stuff after the first year I did it and now just log in for the [HAMSTER] parcels and to get the stuff off the Astrologer [Clue one - I don't even know why I do that second bit!]

So this year I thinks "ahhh maybe these LFG x5 Gifts people have got some good thing going" so I trade in some tokens and get me some Gifts of Simril and finds me a group.

So wow we all are running around madly picking up these green and blue stuff from the ground and tis very pretty.

So I checks and I have gotten 1 Star of Fortune [only useful in getting more Gifts of Simril or the Yeti , urgh no thanks] And loads of Lights of Simril and Lumens and thats it.

So heres the question - what does one do with the Lights of SImril and Lumens trade them for the stuff in the Winter Vendor shop any other use?

Also what to do with the Spirit of Simril it says you can max out a Simril artifact using stuff from the Fest.

Woah massive lie time here... my Beacon Of Simril requires 5 GMOPs, 2 SES and 1 GES to upgrade so whats that all about?

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    only green and blue tier just need lumens, once it become epic, it no longer need any lumens, just refine them.
    it get very expensive to get legendary and mythical. about 230k RP from epic to legendary, and then about 370k RP to reach mythical.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    wylonus said:

only green and blue tier just need lumens, once it become epic, it no longer need any lumens, just refine them.
    it get very expensive to get legendary and mythical. about 230k RP from epic to legendary, and then about 370k RP to reach mythical.

Thanks so the Lumens are pretty worthless then - just worth a few RP? Thanks for the answer, just wanted to sanity check things
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    wylonus said:

They also work on Purple.
  • Options
    yes, i know, i said green and blue need some specific lumens to upgrade, i said you can use for refine leftover for epic. did you see "Just refine them"?
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User

wylonus said:

Thanks so the Lumens are pretty worthless then - just worth a few RP? Thanks for the answer, just wanted to sanity check things
    Got 5 million RP from lumens of differing rarities last Simril. In light of that, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their value.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Holiday Helper and best rank Elderwich runes, that runes give extra % of starlights with 3 elderwich runes, and got about 70k RP from lumens with a party of 5 with 10 gifts each.

omit to add (edit), it was legendary helper for 40% and 3 rank 11s (12% each rune) 36% (total 76%) for increased lumen earned.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Ok I haven't ever really taken part in the Winterfest Stuff after the first year I did it and now just log in for the [HAMSTER] parcels and to get the stuff off the Astrologer [Clue one - I don't even know why I do that second bit!]
    So heres the question - what does one do with the Lights of SImril and Lumens trade them for the stuff in the Winter Vendor shop any other use?

For the Lights question (and if you have extra Stars as well) - if there is nothing in the Winter Shops you want this year, just save them. They don't take up bag space, and you never know what might be available during next year's Fest. You may find some cool new mount or companion you really, really want, and you will get much faster access because you saved the unused stuff. That's how some folks were riding around on Yetis on Day 1 of the fest this year.