test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else get screwed on the Recruiting Event and HoF quirky time restrictions?

Is it just me or did others have problems meeting the Neverember's Recruitment event time deadline due to artificial time constraints placed on the Heart of Fire quests. I mean you can pretty much blow a character to LV 70 in a week of casual play and yet the HoF just drags out for weeks... for reasons.

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I didn't engage. I don't have any spare character slots and this event wasn't enough to get me to buy more just so I could run it. It looked like too much work for too little gain. That all said, I'm sorry to read that you got hosed because of time constraints on the AI campaign quests.
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Well, the time limits were a factor, but I can't really say a 'screwed over' type factor.

- If you started a new Recruit character, it gets very nice benefits all by itself, without looking at Incentives.
    - If you started 1 new character, it will get all those benefits plus 100 Incentives of rewards.
    - If you looked at the time limits and figured out you couldn't get all the points, you had the option to buy 1 new character slot on various sales and start your 2nd char.
    - If you hoped that you could somehow get 2 characters done during the event, without actually checking time limits or doing the math, and you therefore can't earn the 2nd set of 100 Incentives... you still have the Recruit bonuses and 100 points of Incentives.

So unless your definition of 'got screwed' is "I got less than max because I didn't do my homework", it was okay.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Well, i got two characters through in time, but adding a 1hr cooldown to the AI basement quest did add some unnecessary pressure to this task, not sure why this had to be done now and not after the event ended...

I'm currently wondering, if characters created during the event will still get the extra leveling up gifts from the Adventurer's Reward when the event ends, and how much time we have to exchange the incentives?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I got 2 new characters and got their 100 incentive each a week ago. They started in the 2nd week of mod 15.
    When I started, I knew what I needed to do to get it done in the time frame.
    If I have started late and knew I would not finish AI campaign in time, I would have get 200 incentive in another way (by using more than 2 characters). People got that 200 incentives in one week (or shorter for the 'hardworking' people) without doing AI.

I also knew I didn't need to 'play' to get them to level 70. I played them to reach level 15 so that they could start to do AI campaign and invocation. Doing these 2 things were enough to move them to level 70 + few level 70 XP rewards.

They got their personal runic bag, a decent companion, etc. They are now part of my profession team for producing gold because they have the most empty inventory space among all. They could hold over 100 boots (or whatever) without stopping to sell some. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    The HoF AI acorns not reaching full weekly, the inability to grind out the rest, etc. I mean I can almost understand the weekly cap but not really because this campaign is suppose to be tied to your toon level. The whole thing just seems ham fisted.
  • Options
    Still getting incentives and leveling up extras from the Adventurer's Reward, incentives are also still showing in the AI campaign, can't test if they're still rewarded since i'm at the weekly acorn limit...

So, i guess as long as a character was created during this event, the rewards will continue to be granted, and the incentives trader NPC will also stay in Protector's Enclave?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Still getting incentives and leveling up extras from the Adventurer's Reward, incentives are also still showing in the AI campaign, can't test if they're still rewarded since i'm at the weekly acorn limit...

So, i guess as long as a character was created during this event, the rewards will continue to be granted, and the incentives trader NPC will also stay in Protector's Enclave?

At this point I can report the same thing. Not sure if they just have not turned off the rewards or if you started a new alt that it is grandfathered in.

If it is the latter then I apologize for creating a negative posts :(

• Options
    Well, another guess would be, that this event will return with the release of another module... new content for longtime players, and something extra for new players at the same time.
    Want to know why?