test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter companions

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Well, after the update on mounts, I couldn't help, but think, why don't change, improve, the companions with a system close to that?
I've thought on changing the "summoning bonus" for "summoning shard" or something. With the shards, being equitable and tradable.
While limiting the shards for each companion class (Striker for instance, only equip striker's shards). So, wouldn't need to rethink and redraw all the skills and so on.
Or maybe redraw the skills for something generic, like (strike: deal x % of power as damage, and the adventure and expert skills being passive) and the skills 1~2 that could be tradable as shards, limited as companions class too.

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I have noted the same thing about companions, that because of the mechanics what you end up with is a boring, homogeneous game of the exact same ones such as the tiger or the con artist, etc. BORING!!!! At least the mounts, you can ride a mount that is not even in the active sable and you can use the powers of anyone you own.

But redoing this for game flavor would take a lot of coding and so I would not hold my breath for a change as there are so many cobwebs in the game, companions are the least of the games problems.
  • thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I too would just like to reskin companions with other ones. I think it would make the game more appealing then just everyone running around with tigers.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I too would just like to reskin companions with other ones. I think it would make the game more appealing then just everyone running around with tigers.

You would have to do more than just reskin as the attacks and such prof certain affects like fireballs and such.
  • thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User

You would have to do more than just reskin as the attacks and such prof certain affects like fireballs and such.
    No different then riding a horse and summoning a trex or bats to attack
  • captstauer#9665 captstauer Member Posts: 1 New User
    If you have accidentally left your guild, there should be a way to reset in the game.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

No different then riding a horse and summoning a trex or bats to attack

Can't be mounted and use the attack power, so the horse doesn't have anything to do with the trex or bats.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.