test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No one else is bothered by the camera for the yeti mount?

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
Unless zoomed out a mile away, you're just staring at a hairy back covering half of your screen.

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Unless zoomed out a mile away, you're just staring at a hairy back covering half of your screen.

Can you provide a screenshot? The Yeti mount was about the only thing left to keep me interested in any part of Winter Fest, after they completely screwed up the ice fishing.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    It is kind of big. But I have an ultra-wide monitor. The yeti looks really cool. Now that I got it without doing anything, what will I do for the rest of the festival...
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    More so just the height of the damm things when they stand around quest givers.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2018

ghoulz66 said:

Can you provide a screenshot? The Yeti mount was about the only thing left to keep me interested in any part of Winter Fest, after they completely screwed up the ice fishing.
    You can Just go there everyday to pick up stuff. People got their Yeti mount now not because they keep farming/gifting. It is because they did that last year. i.e. if there is nothing you really want this year, you can keep the currency for the next year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The event Yeti does not have an insignia bonus either.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

Pretty sure I saw something that said they will be fixing that.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

hawkeyel said:

Pretty sure I saw something that said they will be fixing that.
    Yeah, hopefully something interesting. Would have liked it being an Epic actually.
  • Options
    Some mounts like the strider, the camera is focused above it's head. Here it's pointing at a huge hulking chest with plenty still above blocking vision.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

That's to prevent the speculators from crashing the market during The Festival of Simril.

• Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

hawkeyel said:

That's to prevent the speculators from crashing the market during The Festival of Simril.

Well I was hoping being the Siegebreaker Griffon was an event item and it had a universal slot for an insignia. A must have if they plan to give this mount a insignia bonus. And being they had all eyes on this event to insure the changes went well. You would think the main new mount item would have been ready for prime time. Guess not.
  • Options
    Well here's a late preview of this nonsense.

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I almost always play zoomed out pretty far, so I never noticed how bad it would be when it's zoomed in all the way. I'll make sure to forward the thread to the dev team.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Personally I am not interested in the Yeti as a mount, however it is nice to see more fancy event mounts being added, such as the broom for Halloween and now the Yeti for Christmas. The Mist mount is by far the easiest when it comes to camera and getting into tight spots. I believe they made the physical bounds small on that one. While I do own the Polar Bear it seems to have an issue with collision more than the Mist mount and that is how I am basing my opinion. @ghoulz66 how does your yeti do moving through wooded areas?

Yeti mount (as with the broom and others) is just an ego mount and most will not be seen after January. I posted a list of event mounts and now it looks like I will have more to change on it as they have removed the old winter sled from the running. As for what should be done here in this image, the camera should offset to over the shoulder on the player's right shoulder at the near zoom and then far zoom should be the center. Again that is only my opinion.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I personally don't have problem with this mount. I play zoom all the way out instead of zoom all the way in. This feels like driving a SUV. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I didn't have too many issues with the camera, though I'm not zoomed all the way out. Nor am I zoomed all the way in. I'm kind of in the middle area.

I have two disconcerting items with the yeti...
    1. The targeting recticle is in the middle of its body, which at least for me, makes it a little weird to maneuver.
    2. The rocking left and right while it moves, would make me sea-sick ;)

Someone mentioned it above, but some of the dino mounts seem to me more out of whack.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

It's a vanity/event mount. Most of them (broom aside) are not intended as insignia stable mounts. Same goes for the Demon Sled or Jubilee Parade mount. You can ride it without making it one of the 5 mounts in your insignia bonus stable.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I get around this by using the mouse scroll wheel and when on the yeti zoom right out and it's fine to run around and see where I'm going, and when I dismount I quickly flick the wheel a few times and zoom back in again as I always fight zoomed as far in as I can. I experienced a similar thing with the Swarm mount, when I'm at my normal zoom level it obscures where I am going (not as much as the yeti though) so I was already used to zooming in and out to compensate for that mount by the time I found the issue with the yeti. I said it in another thread though, when you make him walk he is walking in what looks like slow motion, and it would be nice if this was fixed as it looks a bit silly as it is. His walk steps just need to be made a tiny bit (not much) faster.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It is pretty silly.
  • Options
    aganway said:

I get around this by using the mouse scroll wheel and when on the yeti zoom right out and it's fine to run around and see where I'm going, and when I dismount I quickly flick the wheel a few times and zoom back in again as I always fight zoomed as far in as I can. I experienced a similar thing with the Swarm mount, when I'm at my normal zoom level it obscures where I am going (not as much as the yeti though) so I was already used to zooming in and out to compensate for that mount by the time I found the issue with the yeti. I said it in another thread though, when you make him walk he is walking in what looks like slow motion, and it would be nice if this was fixed as it looks a bit silly as it is. His walk steps just need to be made a tiny bit (not much) faster.

Thing is, I use my mouse wheel for my encounters.....
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

aganway said:

Thing is, I use my mouse wheel for my encounters.....
    What do u use to zoom in and out?
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

It is pretty silly.

No as "silly" as the prancing "Siege breaker mount", but that's just my opinion.
    DD~