test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Important reason not to level up masterwork until fixed

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
Despite the fact tht mod 15 is mostly here to showcase a new crafting system, there is a serious flaw in the mastercrafting quest line that makes it much worse and more expensive than it initially seems.

Namely, when the artisan requires you to craft a certain number of items, +1 results, unless specified, do not count toward your goal. So, in my own experience, when I crafted a +! dragon's blood for the alchemy line, it did not matter. So I crafted another. Despite my 41% chance of doing so in a success, I got another +1 dragon's blood. The next attempt (at a supposed 81% success rate) resulted in failure. Then I had to go back and craft the ingredients for dragon's blood. So, I spent the guild marks and morale points and failed 3 times to craft aqua regia (at an 80% success chance). The end result was the I had to make five attempts, three of which were successful, to achieve one success that actually counted.

You can imagine the waste in guild marks and other resources.

So far the devs have ignored this issue, despite the obvious options to fix it, including:

1) Allowing your workshop retainer to simply take the +1 item and exchange it for a normal item, maybe paying you some gold in compensation.
2) Changing the quest so that it accepts both types of items. There are a number of ways to do this but the least demanding would be to have the artisan add up the number of +1 and ordinary items to reach the total. This allows them to remain different code entities.
3) Actually doing the work to fix this so it functions as it should have from the beginning, and certainly should have been tested and fixed LONG BEFORE LAUNCH.