test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Fixes needed for RAQ and overall dungeon experience.

aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
Dungeon running has become a chore, not a fun part of the game. Unless going in with a pre-made, it's a nightmare to complete some of the dungeons. There are also some minor adjustments that need to be made to treasure chests at the end.

1) I know people who shouldn't be in the dungeons want to be in there anyway, but FBI needs the Everfrost check back, either that or remove the everfrost resist. It's a little ridiculous to expect a group to carry their 11k tank with 0% EF. Most truly random advanced ques end up with only 2/5 people having any EF resist.

2) The que system is not enforcing the 11k required IL. I routinely see 10k and 9k players in FBI/Svar/SP. Fix this please. It would be nice to see the IL raised as well, I created a character less than a week ago and that toon already has 12k. It doesn't take much to get to 12k anymore, please raise the IL limit.

3) Minor fix, I like the new treasure chest system, but it seems like all chests cost the same 5k AD to re-roll. Some of them are not expected to even give 5k AD. Please scale the chest re-roll price to the encounter/rewards.

4) Re-roll tokens. 3 is simply not enough. Especially with 4 rerolls and 4 dungeons per day. I understand alt's get these tokens too, but main characters shouldn't be punished simply to boost up alts. Maybe add more re-roll into the 1 time/day claimable pack, or make them purchasable some how.

Just some random thoughts to consider.

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Wholeheartedly agree with the Everfrost resistance check. Players (tanks especially) without EF resist give me a reason to pause before the hill climb.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I agree with Major Charvenak. Also they should re-instate the requirement that any character needs to unlock all of the dungeons in the queue list before they can run any of them. Of course you could buy all of that for about $500.00. Then what are you gonna ask for to keep the wallet warriors out?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    0) Move Edemo out of rAQ

problem solved series over

• aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    You aren't required to complete storm kings thunder to get the EF check. They hand it out at the unlock of Lonelywood now (takes less than a week of daily quests)... If they don't want to worry about people even progressing the first boon of SKT, they could always hand out the periapt at the same time that the account wide dungeon unlock goes through.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Dungeon running has become a chore, not a fun part of the game. Unless going in with a pre-made, it's a nightmare to complete some of the dungeons. There are also some minor adjustments that need to be made to treasure chests at the end.

1) I know people who shouldn't be in the dungeons want to be in there anyway, but FBI needs the Everfrost check back, either that or remove the everfrost resist. It's a little ridiculous to expect a group to carry their 11k tank with 0% EF. Most truly random advanced ques end up with only 2/5 people having any EF resist.

2) The que system is not enforcing the 11k required IL. I routinely see 10k and 9k players in FBI/Svar/SP. Fix this please. It would be nice to see the IL raised as well, I created a character less than a week ago and that toon already has 12k. It doesn't take much to get to 12k anymore, please raise the IL limit.

3) Minor fix, I like the new treasure chest system, but it seems like all chests cost the same 5k AD to re-roll. Some of them are not expected to even give 5k AD. Please scale the chest re-roll price to the encounter/rewards.

4) Re-roll tokens. 3 is simply not enough. Especially with 4 rerolls and 4 dungeons per day. I understand alt's get these tokens too, but main characters shouldn't be punished simply to boost up alts. Maybe add more re-roll into the 1 time/day claimable pack, or make them purchasable some how.

Just some random thoughts to consider.

4) Play more than one character and rotate the character you use. Having 3+ characters to run through dungeons will allow you to have more rerolls. I know I will have plenty of rerolls on the 3 characters I maintain for end game content. Right now all three have over 1K keys for mod 15 update that is coming to console in January.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

4) Play more than one character and rotate the character you use. Having 3+ characters to run through dungeons will allow you to have more rerolls.

I hope this doesn't herald the return of trash alts. Now there are two reasons for people to send their trashy alts in and have others carry them to the end. What better way to unlock the invoke RAD and get extra re-rolls at the same time.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Im sure.. alot of you are the patient sort right, willing to be helpful and explain these things nicely to newer players as they enter the queues?

Because until you do something or hear about it or see it.. some people just do not understand.

While there will always be a % of players who abuse queues, you are not ever going to fix that.. they will just get the next "bare" minimum requirements you want to throw out there.. and still do the same thing.

No amount of complaining will ever fix that..

you could.. you know do what most people say instead.. stop queuing for randoms.. get into alliance, guild, channels, friends list, make groups.. win..

Removing edemo.. doesnt fix those % of players queuing, they will continue.
    adding resist check.. will not fix those % of players from queuing, they will get that bare minimum, queue and you will still complain about them.

It will go on and on and on..

There is just a % of players who do not care what you think.. they KNOW they will find a carry.. and they seem to have all day and they will just queue and queue and queue after each penalty until they find it.

I see this as two or three different issues..

Player A.. newer player arrives at bare minimum queue rating, enters.. and bam, sux (of course he or she will.. its a newer player) and then Player B.. with all r14s, tell them how much they sux.. and how they are a drag and stupid and shouldnt be playing (thanks player b.. your just awesome, because digital content and digital baubles is more important then being a half decent human being.. )

then Player C.. pops into queue.. player C.. doesn't give a darn what you think,.. player C.. just queues and queues until they find a a carry.. they will do it no matter what you put in as the bare minimum.. they will just continue to do it.. their philosophy is its not their fault, the game allows it.. no MATTER the bare minimum check you want to put in.. they will get it, enter and do the same darn behavior.. no amount complaining will fix this behavior folks.. They are just as bad as that Player B in the end.. both behaviors are rude..

or you can be PLAYER D.. player D, builds their toons to help the group as best as he or she is able, player D , finds other like minding folks, who know this is a marathon , not a sprint , they are helpful, kind, generous sometimes even.. they will help you get through content.. they will give you playing knowledge.. they will even discuss real life events from time to time.. Player D is the winner here folks.. Player D has joined a group of friends, guild, alliance or even some of the channels .. and will continue to win.. regardless of what gear they have.. Player D, is a happy mmo player.. Thank you Player D for existing!

P.S.. ad nasuem reposting of the same issues will never change Players B and C.. just avoid them.. Player A , could become player D.. if they can somehow navigate away from Players B and C..

While there will always be a % of players who abuse queues, you are not ever going to fix that.. they will just get the next "bare" minimum requirements you want to throw out there.. and still do the same thing.

The periapt of Everfrost resistance was already put in the game to make the "bare" minimum requirements easier. Previously you had to have EF gear just to make the que. Every player that que's for RAQ has to have this on at least 1 toon, because they had to complete the campaign previously to unlock the section of random queing. So the explanation piece is irrelevant. These people are simply bringing in trash alts and hoping to be drug through, while meanwhile not even progressing the campaign by 1 week on their trash alt. This is encouraged by Mebangelsfan of having extra re-rolls. Both of these points reinforce why this should be a minimum RAQ requirement. Re-enforcing this requirement doesn't help newer players that don't know better, because they can't que until they have already done the campaign. It does however hurt them. New players come in with this requirement only to see players who have already done it bringing in trash alts hoping to be carried that hurt the progress simply because they can, and can't be kicked for at least 15 minutes.

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @silverkelt said:
    > Im sure.. alot of you are the patient sort right, willing to be helpful and explain these things nicely to newer players as they enter the queues?
    >
    > Because until you do something or hear about it or see it.. some people just do not understand.
    >
    > While there will always be a % of players who abuse queues, you are not ever going to fix that.. they will just get the next "bare" minimum requirements you want to throw out there.. and still do the same thing.
    >
    > No amount of complaining will ever fix that..
    >
    > you could.. you know do what most people say instead.. stop queuing for randoms.. get into alliance, guild, channels, friends list, make groups.. win..
    >
    > Removing edemo.. doesnt fix those % of players queuing, they will continue.
    > adding resist check.. will not fix those % of players from queuing, they will get that bare minimum, queue and you will still complain about them.
    >
    > It will go on and on and on..
    >
    > There is just a % of players who do not care what you think.. they KNOW they will find a carry.. and they seem to have all day and they will just queue and queue and queue after each penalty until they find it.
    >
    > I see this as two or three different issues..
    >
    > Player A.. newer player arrives at bare minimum queue rating, enters.. and bam, sux (of course he or she will.. its a newer player) and then Player B.. with all r14s, tell them how much they sux.. and how they are a drag and stupid and shouldnt be playing (thanks player b.. your just awesome, because digital content and digital baubles is more important then being a half decent human being.. )
    >
    > then Player C.. pops into queue.. player C.. doesn't give a darn what you think,.. player C.. just queues and queues until they find a a carry.. they will do it no matter what you put in as the bare minimum.. they will just continue to do it.. their philosophy is its not their fault, the game allows it.. no MATTER the bare minimum check you want to put in.. they will get it, enter and do the same darn behavior.. no amount complaining will fix this behavior folks.. They are just as bad as that Player B in the end.. both behaviors are rude..
    >
    > or you can be PLAYER D.. player D, builds their toons to help the group as best as he or she is able, player D , finds other like minding folks, who know this is a marathon , not a sprint , they are helpful, kind, generous sometimes even.. they will help you get through content.. they will give you playing knowledge.. they will even discuss real life events from time to time.. Player D is the winner here folks.. Player D has joined a group of friends, guild, alliance or even some of the channels .. and will continue to win.. regardless of what gear they have.. Player D, is a happy mmo player.. Thank you Player D for existing!
    >
    > P.S.. ad nasuem reposting of the same issues will never change Players B and C.. just avoid them.. Player A , could become player D.. if they can somehow navigate away from Players B and C..

See, how to get rid of Player C, that is looking for a carry: get rid of leaver penalty, or reduce kick timer or abandon instance. If player C keeps getting kicked or groups leave, then there is a chance they figure it out- No carrying people.

I have a 14.5 il gwf alt that has access to all dungeons, and I am working on his boons, but I wouldn't think of putting him in RAQ or REQ. Just saving him to run multiple ndemo with re-rolls as that sounds like it might be best ROI.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I played before leavers penalty, RQ etc. TBH, the amount of abuse by group leaders kicking random players compared to the amount of ppl abusing RQ was insignificant.

@silverknelt Being patient and gracious is easy, when you dont struggle, to build your character, have limited time and a limited FL. In a 'perfect world' (pun intended) player D would populate our servers, he is not. Punishing misbehavior or making it more difficult to abuse the system does not work bc there will always be bad persons is one of the easiest and one of the ... 'arguments' out there. It is no argument. While this does not matter (much) in a game, look at your argument in a bigger picture and you might get the reason my toenails crawl up, every time I read this or similar sentences.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

It's a little ridiculous to expect a group to carry their 11k tank with 0% EF..

Mmhhh..you can join FBI with 0% EF?

Spidey
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Spidey

Random queue doesn't look at unlock requirements any longer. So, yeah, FBI with zero EF happens.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

4) Play more than one character and rotate the character you use. Having 3+ characters to run through dungeons will allow you to have more rerolls.

I hope this doesn't herald the return of trash alts. Now there are two reasons for people to send their trashy alts in and have others carry them to the end. What better way to unlock the invoke RAD and get extra re-rolls at the same time.
    Noticed I stated 3 end game characters for myself. My lowest of my three end game characters is a Tac GF at 16.4K and not trashy alts. I have plenty of 10-13K alts and one that could easily hit 14K+ but I would only recommend using trashy alts on leveling and intermediate dungeons; for advance and expert leave those to the end game characters you may have. That would not be bad; in fact that is what I would recommend to play wanting to save those rerolls for CoDG, T9, CR, etc....
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Spidey

Random queue doesn't look at unlock requirements any longer. So, yeah, FBI with zero EF happens.
    Wasnt there a patch where all players got a token with 30% EF resistance? Dont you get this token when you reach the point in the campagne now?

Wasnt there a patch where all players got a token with 30% EF resistance? Dont you get this token when you reach the point in the campagne now?

Yes there was, as you get into about a week of Bryn Shandar you get the Periapt of Everfrost Resistance (30% EF). So, any new toon that can unlock FBI/MSVA has done this... Removing the EF resist check in advanced que just allows people's scrub alts that haven't done anything in Bryn Shandar to get in. This is the reason I am griping that it should be re-instated as it doesn't hurt new players, just players that should know better and want to be lazy.