test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steal another note from STO: Expensive very-fast pointless guild construction projects.

lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
In STO, every Fleet ("Guild") has access to contruction projects that cost a small fortune in materials, take about 30s to complete once paid for, and produce..... nothing. Just nothing. They add like "5" building points where going up a level costs 1,000,000.

These are AWESOME. Neverwinter should add them, immediately: Temporary structures that cost a fortune in common/popular materials, last ten seconds, return some nominal value of useful guild resources like "10 Frozen Treasures", and vanish again.

(In case I'm confusing any readers: The purpose of these projects is to ensure that members of large Guilds can continue to generate Guild Marks, even though the Guild doesn't actually *need* any more of whatever resource the members have).

Right now, people search out or even *create* guilds to donate Professions/Labour and Surplus to, then trash the guild and make a new one. Why not eliminate this behaviour by making a short-term task that eats a ton of Professions/Labour/Surplus/WHATEVER and returns a very small amount of other currencies? Talk to the STO devs (and the STO players!) - this is a perfectly workable solution. In STO, a guild can only have one up at a time, and STO's build model is a little different - projects are created and then players donate directly to the project, unlike Neverwinter where players donate to a pile and guild leaders pick what to build once the pile is big enough - but I see no reason there shouldn't be a project that is essentially "light a lot of money on fire and collect some of the ashes" to allow players in big guilds to keep generating Guild Marks even when nobody in their alliance wants Surplus any more.

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    +1
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Yup, we have a main R20 guild and a secondary R17, both have been full of surplus for ages and the secondary is struggling for frozen and tyranny. Being able to donate surplus for vouchers for the others would be great. Being able to donate spare currency from SKT to the coffer for IWD would be even better.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Being able to donate surplus for vouchers for the others would be great. Being able to donate spare currency from SKT to the coffer for IWD would be even better.

I would love this. I hate the SKT zones, but this would get me running the quests out there like a maniac. I have four characters capable of running those quests, one of which hasn't gotten anywhere close to completing the campaign. My wife has one. I would run those quests on five characters as often as possible, and no less frequently than at least weekly (given the time I have available for such things).
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    This sounds like an improvement that is very needed to partially offset the damage caused by removing salvage from the game.