test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re-Retrieval Operation not completing

Done it three times this week, and not because I think that it's fun.

I did everything that I was supposed to do but I am not getting credit for completing the mission.

I just end up back in PE with my mission tracker showing it still active but with no objectives.
If I go inside AI no one will speak to me about it.
If I go to the ship it just says "Return to Re-retrieval Operation".

I did that the first time, re-played the entire mission, and still got no credit, so this time I just decided to abandon the mission and re-start, but I ended up in the same place.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I know this sounds silly... but did you skip the final cutscene where you're flying away?

Because I recall seeing something somewhere that the quest bugs as you describe it if you skip the final cutscene (you're free to skip the one where the giant goes after the bird).

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    No.

All three runs I skipped nothing.
  • Options
    alfa1777alfa1777 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think that's why you do the other weekly missions of the aircraft before the re-retrieval operation, a alliance member has the same problem and it was because he made the other quests first, instead of doing them in order
  • Options
    How is it "in order" to go to the temple in Chult, for example, before you go to Mount Hotenow?

I mean, never mind that it's stupid to expect people to do repeatable missions in a certain order in order to get them to work, but if Mount Hotenow has to be done last then that is not doing missions "in order" in the only way that a player could reasonably understand what "in order" means.

Besides, I am not at all sure that I didn't do Mount Hotenow last, because it is a lot closer to being my least favorite mission (in the entire game) than it is to being my favorite.
  • Options
    Another week, presumably a fresh start, and still not completing for me.

I tried it again after the patch just to see and it didn't work then, either.

So that's five runs without credit.
  • Options
    Hey guys... to finish this quest... You need to gather 3 feathers....
    and go to the campfire that is on the same ground as those feathers...
    behind the campfire are columns to go down to giant...

if you dont unlock the campfire you wont be able to finish the quest.
  • Options

Hey guys... to finish this quest... You need to gather 3 feathers....
    and go to the campfire that is on the same ground as those feathers...
    behind the campfire are columns to go down to giant...

if you dont unlock the campfire you wont be able to finish the quest.

This was it. Thanks.

So what they need to do then is add "unlock respawn point" to the mission objectives, because nothing in the mission makes anyone think that it is a requirement, and it is very possible to not unlock the respawn point/campfire while completing the mission.

• Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    yeah this really needs to be fixed. its getting aggravating
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The issue happens when you re-turn to re-retrieval to re-re-retrieve the egg. At least in my case.
  • Options
    sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Same issue here.
    This is buggy and confusing (nothing new under the sun, unfortunately) because mission can be finished (not completed of course) getting the egg, all the messages and the boat.

It's not the campfire. Did it five times now, the last two times :
    - I've unlocked it all for sure, Didn't used shortcuts, jumped down on the columns etc. ... no way
    - Unlocked fires, no shortcut and not cancelled any cutscenes ... no way

Now I've already enough of it, but my suspicion is that you have to kill all the enemies too ...

First time I went back to the cave, no egg and no bird in the nest and the ship was ready to flee.
    Once unlocked the campfire the mission in fact restarted, the bird (and the egg) were back to the nest.

I had no problem with my main toon, but I've ran the quest twice before the last patch.

Really annoying for a boring MOD that convinced some guildy to quit NW