test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs, A Round of Applause For These Amazing Patch Notes :D

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited December 2018 in PvP Discussion
"Cowl of the Dead: This item's knockback power no longer works in PvP.
Mane of the Manticore: This item's damage is reduced in PvP.
Phials are no longer usable in PvP.
The damage dealt by the new Waukeen and Tymora's artifacts is now more in line with other similar artifacts.

Trickster Rogue: One with the Shadows can no longer stack with itself or linger after using an Encounter power."

Que the Celebratory confetti!

Link to full patch notes below, there is more good stuff in them if anyone hasn't read them yet.
[Disclaimer] These are preview patch notes so they won't hit live for a couple of days probably:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244784/the-heart-of-fire-preview-patch-notes-nw-105-20181121b-1
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    More Good News:
    The Infinite griffons wrath (which wasn't fixed successfully the last few attempts) and 120% damage buff from shield warrior's wrath bugs have caught the devs attention and the community manager is asking for more info on them, here is the thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13067887
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    thats preety neat, they forgot about the drains tho. im gonna pass since pally is garbo anyways but those are some guchi changes
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Nice, I've been wanting to get rid of my manticore hat in pvp for ages, the stats were awful but the damage was... addictive. Now I can pvp with a pure heart.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    @terramak

@dev nice pvp changes to items however you guys still forgot ring of the curse bringer and sandys assault pants..ring of cowardice and the impenetrable jungle boon ..all crazy stunning items I would not start celebrating just yet

all crazy stunning items/ boons not respecting your pvp CC stacking system and no cool downs on some of them
    they were all used against you guys in pvp with the devs as a demonstration : D i was there

nice to know that some items can and will be toggled for pvp or non pvp use
    that will help balance alot

nice to know that all my posts were not in vain ..

Thank You

P.S you guys still did not say in the patch notes what / how much the damage is reduced on the mane of the manticore

• Options
    leonidrex said:

thats preety neat, they forgot about the drains tho. im gonna pass since pally is garbo anyways but those are some guchi changes

They already nerfed/ reduced the drains several times over the years .. they actually said they wanted to replace them with something else ..but never did
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

leonidrex said:

They already nerfed/ reduced the drains several times over the years .. they actually said they wanted to replace them with something else ..but never did
    Drains are good idea implemented inproperly, we all know that TR using CB on you for 3 times back to back is toxic and unfun, or that time you thought you are about to catch CW only for him to chain teleport 7-8 times. They should simply reduce AP and STAMINA gain in pvp, but then again my poor pally doesnt get to use daily often, if that gets nerfed i might not get to use it even once a day :D
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    kalina311 said:

@terramak

@dev nice pvp changes to items however you guys still forgot ring of the curse bringer and sandys assault pants..ring of cowardice and the impenetrable jungle boon ..all crazy stunning items I would not start celebrating just yet

all crazy stunning items/ boons not respecting your pvp CC stacking system and no cool downs on some of them
    they were all used against you guys in pvp with the devs as a demonstration : D i was there

nice to know that some items can and will be toggled for pvp or non pvp use
    that will help balance alot

nice to know that all my posts were not in vain ..

Thank You

P.S you guys still did not say in the patch notes what / how much the damage is reduced on the mane of the manticore

I was under the impression ring of the curse bringer and ring of cowardice were already dealt with. Ring of cowardice was nerfed/fixed a very long time ago, I think it still has an effect in PVP but to my knowledge, PVPers stopped running it after the item was given a cooldown. The ring of the curse bringer's paralysis effect was disabled in PVP. Did these items get their fixes undone when M15 came out? I have yet to encounter either of these items in mod 15 PVP.

The impenetrable jungle boon and sandy's assault pants I am sure are still active in PVP so those 2 items do still need a fix. They don't respect CC resist and even a WAI version of them isn't good for PVP. The boon has been particularly annoying lately and it should get high priority.

I'm not sure how much the mane of the manticore's damage was reduced, my guess is by half but won't know until it hits live.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The ring of cowardice has a 20 second cool down(3 times per minute) however its repel 10 feet / root /2 second stun effect does not respect cc immunity stacks ..any item or description with the word STUN in it never seems to..
    just like the cowl of the dead did / does not so the dev opted to remove its effect instead of addressing the broken problematic cc stack system itself...

in the old pvp days at least a low item level tune could defend himself with control powers that did not depend on his item level for effectiveness to delay / hamper the enemy and be useful to his team now not so much ..as soon as an enemy has his stacks up he is dead meat .whether he was the one that build up the stacks or not

Ring of the Curse Bringer: "This item's effect now properly respects control resistance". from the patch notes
    however it still stuns / applies crushing pin ...so no its paralysis effect was never disabled in pvp

old old patch notes for this
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10601054
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    At this rate, in another three years they'll implement hard cooldowns on dailies, reverse the boneheaded change to stillness of the forest, eliminate drains, fix the HR dodge, and make lightly armored classes move faster than heavily armored ones. In only three years, pvp might make a tiny amount of sense. Of course, they'll do three years' worth of damage in the meantime.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    kalina311 said:

Ring of the Curse Bringer: "This item's effect now properly respects control resistance". from the patch notes
    however it still stuns / applies crushing pin ...so no its paralysis effect was never disabled in pvp

old old patch notes for this
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10601054

I have attached a screenshot of the ring of the curse bringer's tooltip below, if its paralysis effect is working at all in PVP, that is a straight up bug; the devs must have tried to disable this ring's paralysis effect in PVP at some point since it literally says so in the tooltip.

Also, has anyone tested this ring recently? I would do so if I owned one. If not, can someone who has this ring please do so?

--
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    I dont own that broken item I was going by the patch notes as well ..maybe its respecting pve monsters control resistance lol
  • Options
    edited December 2018