test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any HDPS CW willing to give some build advice

I posted in the library and wanted to post here as the forums seem slow lately. Read a bunch of guides to help my wife but her 15k CW struggles with dps output. She has the tiger comp at legendary and all arts at mythic, usual stuff you see on higher level heroes. Rank 13 bonding. She complains a lot when we run together about her dps vs much lower level GWfs and HRs. Any advice on rotations or must have items would be greatly appreciated. We tried straight up thaum ss build but I know that doesn’t help your party at all. Dps still seems low. Thanks in advance!
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    best advise i cld give would be-
    since bondos are at 13 work on enchants the higher the better (black ice or brutals for offense an darks for defense an ether darks or quarter masters for utility)
    as for your feats an build i would go ss paragon path an then spec oppressor path (u can look up the exact feats spec online by typin mod 14 cw dps build)
    as for the powers u wanna go wit con of ice in r1 then icey terrain an steal time an sudden stom (best for trash mobs) then for bosses i use my mof build or ss build but with ray of enfeeblement in r1 an cgill strike n disintergrate an sudden storm ( the frozen effect form icey terr does not work on bosses so no point in it) only time i do use icey ter in a boss fight is wen there are adds ur fighting as well (etos)
    as for gear u wanna go wit the terrored grips an hag's rags deffinitly as they increase ur damage % there are other pieces too but unsure as to wht ( i use the full primal set so im nowhere near considered an hdps lol but my dps dont suck either lol)
    an ur comp lineup matters alot too so the tiger is good strt then u shld have like the air archon an the earth archon for sure then like the alpha compy an either siege master or razorwood ( i use air earth fire alpha an siege but thats me lol)
    my cw is 16.7 now an wit evrythin i can pull thrid or better runnin fbi n mspc but for other stuff like codg/ t9.... like i said im not hdps soo lol
    hope this helps (an YES it IS expensive but lol)
    oh ya an im not hdps only bc i dont have the gear like terrored grips an hags rags lol or i would be hdps seriouly (all enchants on me an my comp are 13 an so are bondos lol)
    oh an as for the mount bonuses i think assassin's convent is a must have for dps... i use that warlord's inspiration protectors camar. gladitators guile (i use this bc seems to be cw's are slower than most lol) as well as berserkers rage (increases power wen ap is full) (im sure theres better but this is wht i use an i do fine with this combo.... an of course all the insignias are epic or rare )
    took me a sec but protector camaradies.... cldnt member how to spell it lol
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Thank you for the response. Very appreciated!
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    @xcessiveforce40 I sent you a message and can help you out.
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Have you read this guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vKn2m4p-tDODxBciQxMTFeSnC3mHWJXx5ev8R9N4XGA/edit#heading=h.7dxw1oyzi110 it has the best detail and is based on actual testing.

Also, for AOE SS opp/thaum with icy veins loadout is my favourite, and for ST mof opp/thaum. The loadouts and rotations are detailed in the guide. (I am 18k+ CW on PC playing just CW for nearly 2 years.)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

oh an as for the mount bonuses i think assassin's convent is a must have for dps... i use that warlord's inspiration protectors camar. gladitators guile (i use this bc seems to be cw's are slower than most lol) as well as berserkers rage (increases power wen ap is full) (im sure theres better but this is wht i use an i do fine with this combo.... an of course all the insignias are epic or rare )

This is such a wasted bonus for a CW. CW are already squishy enough as it is; no need to make them even squishier.

IMO here are the top insignia bonuses...

Protector's Friendship/Camaraderie
    Shepard's Devotion
    Artificer's Persuasion
    Gladiator's Guile
    Combatant's Maneuver

If you cannot get any of these six possible bonuses but have access to assassin's convent than I would use assassin's convent otherwise I would go with any of the ones listed above as a CW.

Sharp's guide is a good place to start for a CW on PS4 but I would recommend looking into mod 15 builds; things are changing for CW and it is better to prepare or at least know what is coming so it will be an easier transition to the changes coming in mod 15.

Have you read this guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vKn2m4p-tDODxBciQxMTFeSnC3mHWJXx5ev8R9N4XGA/edit#heading=h.7dxw1oyzi110 it has the best detail and is based on actual testing.

Also, for AOE SS opp/thaum with icy veins loadout is my favourite, and for ST mof opp/thaum. The loadouts and rotations are detailed in the guide. (I am 18k+ CW on PC playing just CW for nearly 2 years.)

SS Opp/Thaum is outdated for PC, you want to be Renegade for all builds due to changes to the CW in mod 15. The only time I could see a player running an Opp build now is for PVP.

The Thaum path is basically dead and has been since mod 13 launched.

I will state this though, I am finding from my prepping for mod 15 how valuable recovery really is for CW, even before mod 15. I had around 14K recovery and with changes I'm now at 17K and by the time mod 15 hits I will be around 20K. Recovery really helps CW produce damage as it raise our dailies usage and ability to use more encounters greatly improving a CW damage.

I'm about 90% done for my CW for mod 15, just need it to land to finish him off.