test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Zen Items should be Bound to Account

2»

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

You think that players won't buy Zen and convert to AD for in game items they want such as buying a lego mount. Players were doing this on PS4 when the price was around 300, 350, 400 and still do at 500. The difference is at 500 the player gets more AD.

Most people will convert zen to AD to buy something they want now regardless of the rate. Pushing the rate down won't change this. Except maybe a bust of buying at the beginning as people try to get the max 500 before it goes much lower. This will only happen if people believe the rate will go lower. Which is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Even if all zen store items were bound tomorrow, there is no way to know how much the backlog will go down. You seem to be assuming that people are using all their zen to flip. The reality is most people are using 20% coupons, which doesn't happen often. The margins for flipping at full price is not worth the effort for the risk.

Until people believe the backlog is going away, people will continue to hoard zen so they can buy whatever they want whenever.
    I know plenty of players that hoard zen and used it during the sale to flip. When I say plenty I'm talking players that hoarded around 100K+ zen with less than 10 players and all are flipping. I know they are not alone and that 100K if flipped correctly next time will be 200K and all they did was buy and sell without putting a dime into the this game.

And the these players have been doing this since PS4 had sales like this. Hmm....wonder why they have so much zen. One of them admitted he never ran any content in this game and has no desire; he simply is here to earn a living.

Hmm....flipping is allowing a player to earning a living. makes you wonder how many others are selling items that is breaking the ToS with cryptic.
    We also know that there are players who make a living by running dungeons and selling. And we know that there are players who make a living by crafting and selling. And we know that some of them must be posting on the forums.

Makes you wonder, how many others breaking the ToS with cryptic. Makes you wonder if someone trying to remove the competition to make a better living?

------

Do not twist things, or imply HAMSTER, it works in all directions, as provided in the example above.
    It is selling for RM is what not allowed, how the AD is made is not relevant. Or you imply that crafting / botting dungeons and selling and making a living is ok?
    The part of the quote that you left out is more interesting than the changes you made...
    With the 100k ZEN part? I didn't really understood the less than 10 players part. And 50mil AD is not really that much, depends on how long a player plays. 'BiS' char has more in unbound enchants than 50mil AD.
    So what special about it?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

You think that players won't buy Zen and convert to AD for in game items they want such as buying a lego mount. Players were doing this on PS4 when the price was around 300, 350, 400 and still do at 500. The difference is at 500 the player gets more AD.

Most people will convert zen to AD to buy something they want now regardless of the rate. Pushing the rate down won't change this. Except maybe a bust of buying at the beginning as people try to get the max 500 before it goes much lower. This will only happen if people believe the rate will go lower. Which is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Even if all zen store items were bound tomorrow, there is no way to know how much the backlog will go down. You seem to be assuming that people are using all their zen to flip. The reality is most people are using 20% coupons, which doesn't happen often. The margins for flipping at full price is not worth the effort for the risk.

Until people believe the backlog is going away, people will continue to hoard zen so they can buy whatever they want whenever.
    I know plenty of players that hoard zen and used it during the sale to flip. When I say plenty I'm talking players that hoarded around 100K+ zen with less than 10 players and all are flipping. I know they are not alone and that 100K if flipped correctly next time will be 200K and all they did was buy and sell without putting a dime into the this game.

And the these players have been doing this since PS4 had sales like this. Hmm....wonder why they have so much zen. One of them admitted he never ran any content in this game and has no desire; he simply is here to earn a living.

Hmm....flipping is allowing a player to earning a living. makes you wonder how many others are selling items that is breaking the ToS with cryptic.
    We also know that there are players who make a living by running dungeons and selling. And we know that there are players who make a living by crafting and selling. And we know that some of them must be posting on the forums.

Makes you wonder, how many others breaking the ToS with cryptic. Makes you wonder if someone trying to remove the competition to make a better living?

------

Do not twist things, or imply HAMSTER, it works in all directions, as provided in the example above.
    It is selling for RM is what not allowed, how the AD is made is not relevant. Or you imply that crafting / botting dungeons and selling and making a living is ok?
    The part of the quote that you left out is more interesting than the changes you made...
    With the 100k ZEN part? I didn't really understood the less than 10 players part. And 50mil AD is not really that much, depends on how long a player plays. 'BiS' char has more in unbound enchants than 50mil AD.
    So what special about it?
    No, not that part. The part about playing the content. Professions have been used to make massive amounts of wealth since the Leadership Army days. & the devs nerfed it. End game players used to run leveling dungeons solo on repeat mode for rAD. & the devs made them start running in groups. And both of these profit makers were, at least technically playing the content. I really don't see why people that only log into the game twice per year expect that kind of thing to last...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.