test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to have fun and profit from the new crafting system

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

If by harder you mean that the base percentage might be a few per cent lower, I can't see the point. You get ten free shots at the RNG every day with morale. The cost of resetting your daily morale with AD is about the same as completing two tasks with AD under the old system. So, given enough materials, you get 20 shots at the RNG every day for the old cost of two. If you're smart enough to have your materials and a bunch of +1 workman's cordial lying around, even without spending AD you shouldn't need more than a couple of days per level of MW per profession to finish.

my understanding of the new system is faint. I just did the tutorial on pc. so I have a tiny glimmer. I've been trying to follow along on the forum to some degree.. but this is really all greek to me when it comes to the details. if I am understanding you. it's absolutely not worthwhile to do any leveling of masterwork at this point until the new mod drops for us?
    Having not done anything except alchemy I (which I had forgotten) before this mod, I'm not the best person to reply. I didn't think MW was worth doing at all before because, as I've said, I hate being cheated by the RNG. If you have a mythic forgehammer or near equivalent I'd say just get all your MW materials gathered now, get everything leveled to 25, and use them under the new system.
    with the new vendors there is very little to be cheated by at least to level 3 in the old system. there has been one task so far that absolutely relies on rng that can't be bought. the other things can all be purchased with the crafting materials and gm.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

If you're in the middle of a multi-part masterwork levelling task, you'll want to finish that. Most likely it will reset and you will lose all progress. Aside from that, you might want to farm materials and wait for the mod to drop.

what materials are good to farm now before hand?

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Mainly Explorer's Charts, unless your guild has the temporary vendors up nearly all the time. There are a few dungeons that also drop Masterworks materials.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

If you're in the middle of a multi-part masterwork levelling task, you'll want to finish that. Most likely it will reset and you will lose all progress. Aside from that, you might want to farm materials and wait for the mod to drop.

Gold/Silver/copper. Leadership gives you gold. If you are doing leadership, pay attention to the task that gives you more gold.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Any of the profession materials for leveling professions (fundamental fire, elemental air, etc.) convert one for one for tokens that can be used to purchase new materials. Prices vary from 2 tokens for level 1 items, to 200 tokens for lebel 70 items. I would trade in all your zone rewards for partisan bags, and buy any profession resource packs that are reasonable on the AH
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    My guess that MW would be less painful was wrong, because in the process of building mod 15 around the new crafting system, the devs made a giant and obvious mistake in that +1 results (+1 aqua regia, gold nuggets, etc.) DO NOT COUNT toward success in the artisan's tasks. Also, the RNG is as bad as ever, so a supposd 80% chance of success is really more like a 50% chance, and then if you produce a +1 result - guess what? The artisan doesn't care! You've done better than expected, so you get no credit and you've wasted your gathering time, guild marks, and whatever AD you might have spent in the AH! And are the devs going to fix it? Not any time soon! They couldn't care less!
    edited December 2018

If you have alchemy maxed, work on Unified Elements. If you don't feel like making armor kits before the new mod (which is expensive in AD and probably not a good idea since a -75% commission artisan will cut the AD cost to 32.5k later) UE are worth 75 gold each, so they're still useful for building up your gold or selling on the AH later even when they're obsolete. Alternatively, they're worth a metric ton of old materials credit. My alchemy alt started with about 1.2 million OME credit due to a bunch of UE in inventory, and that funded a lot of my workshop upgrades. Weirdly, doing black ice heroic encounters will also be useful for gold since may of those long-obsolete black ice crafting ingredients sell for 75 silver apiece. Some of my characters made hundreds of gold out of leftover results from the black ice zerg days. Raw black ice, once refined (which is free, and instant no matter the volume) can be turned into potions at the bar in Cark Konig, and those sell for 1/3 gold apiece.

Also, you'll want a LOT of asset exchange credit to start, so build yourself some purple tools and crafters. While leveling up jewelcrafting before mod 15, I discovered to my surprise that sometimes you'll get a green crafter when you upgrade your basic free white crafters.

You can build +1 adamantine/oak/shimmerweave tools which provide 375 proficiency and focus where the basic adamantine tools provide 360. It may seem like a negligible difference but everything helps when you're fighting the RNG. If you're crazy enough to spend AD on a process that (due to the +1 materials bug) is BADLY BROKEN, you'll find mastercrafted wootz tools on the AH, which at 550 are a near equivalent to a mythic forgehammer (600), but of course are good for only one profession at a time. Because the devs are too lazy to fix mastercrafting after having broken it, not bothered to test it and ignored whatever reports came in from preview, for the time being you just want to use guild marks to make MW ingredients anyway, so if your alliance doesn't have the appropriate MW vendor for a profession just don't bother with it.

Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    So far my jewel crafter is doing well. I don't seem to be going broke and I hit 350K in commissions today. The "trick is this" I only focus on 1 character doing 1 profession. Before morning invoking I have her check in with Begum to find what the day's item will be. Today I was looking a rings with gems (e.g. black pearl ring) and I grab the artisan and start blowing through the 400 moral points. After I sell, if there is enough material I have them make more over the day. I never use the "repeat until broke" button. At the end of the day, I collect and sell again.

Honestly I don't see how people can screw this up? Once I get the commission to 500K and my shop upgrades, I might start a new profession.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Ok, so at this rate you'll have raised that workshop to level 4 sometime in July. Have fun.

Ok, so at this rate you'll have raised that workshop to level 4 sometime in July. Have fun.

I don't expect to have my rank 3 ready until july... and I'm having a ball.
    edited December 2018
    At this moment, my short term plan is to make 10 characters (including 2 new characters) to have level 3 workshop.
    I have not used any old profession material (both material and asset). I don't plan to spend AD besides getting non-expensive tools here and there.
    Just fresh gathering and craft everything in mod 15.
    So far, I have 4 level 3 workshop. I should have another 2 for that 2 new characters tomorrow. Another 4 should be done in 2 weeks.
    I just craft one specific item and dump them all to Begum on the right day.
    I also craft for gold using the tasks that help leveling up profession and artisans here and there.
    Each level 3 workshop costed about 120 gold and my characters earned back more than that. The current gold balance of my 2 new characters are over 800 gold.
    I started the mod 15 profession 2 weeks after mod 15 landed.

Level 4 workshop will be a totally different ball game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    As of December 24th. I got my 500K and upgraded. I now have 24 slots for the delivery inventory. Now as many of you already know, this takes 5M to get to rank 4. Considering I didn't get started until mid November, I don't see time an issue. I am in no hurry to have a rank 4 workshop and a total of 30 delivery slots.

So what do I gain from doing professions? Pretty much the same with crafting in any other game. For one, I can make something instead of buying it from the AH. The item can cost me gold or AD or both. Obtaining materials doesn't seem to be an issue either with so many people selling in the AH. I don't understand players complaints about going broke either?? I started with a bank balance of 800 gold in October (prior to the mod) I now have a balance of 1,200 gold and still growing. In this degree I am not going broke on worker commissions. I am definitely not going AD broke either.

I am taking a short break, as I am going to focus on new builds, companions, boons, upgrades, etc.. Afterwards I will return and focus on another profession for my Jewel Crafter's workshop. I am not surprised to see the prices dropping on gems (sapphires, emeralds, black opals) in the auction house. While this is not a "good thing" from the seller's perspective, those in need of refinement points will find it easier to upgrade. Also people who need materials to build are going to find the resources. I am thinking of trying out Alchemy, as that deals with potions that are not dropping from kills.
    wb-cenders.gif

As of December 24th. I got my 500K and upgraded. I now have 24 slots for the delivery inventory. Now as many of you already know, this takes 5M to get to rank 4. Considering I didn't get started until mid November, I don't see time an issue. I am in no hurry to have a rank 4 workshop and a total of 30 delivery slots.

So what do I gain from doing professions? Pretty much the same with crafting in any other game. For one, I can make something instead of buying it from the AH. The item can cost me gold or AD or both. Obtaining materials doesn't seem to be an issue either with so many people selling in the AH. I don't understand players complaints about going broke either?? I started with a bank balance of 800 gold in October (prior to the mod) I now have a balance of 1,200 gold and still growing. In this degree I am not going broke on worker commissions. I am definitely not going AD broke either.

I am taking a short break, as I am going to focus on new builds, companions, boons, upgrades, etc.. Afterwards I will return and focus on another profession for my Jewel Crafter's workshop. I am not surprised to see the prices dropping on gems (sapphires, emeralds, black opals) in the auction house. While this is not a "good thing" from the seller's perspective, those in need of refinement points will find it easier to upgrade. Also people who need materials to build are going to find the resources. I am thinking of trying out Alchemy, as that deals with potions that are not dropping from kills.

Looks like infesting in Howling Adventurer Packs was good to you!
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I have, at most, accumulated about 1 million AD with my year+ or so playing. So what you are saying is that the new profession system is only for the elites while anyone, including casual players, could do the previous system without spreadsheets and web resources, etc.

Got it.
  • alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    funny crafting - If you craft materials ( items ) thats fail , hmmm yeah ok , bud if you do work orders and pay for it ( gold ) if you have than a failed work order i m not agree with this !

I have, at most, accumulated about 1 million AD with my year+ or so playing. So what you are saying is that the new profession system is only for the elites while anyone, including casual players, could do the previous system without spreadsheets and web resources, etc.

Got it.
    I don't know your definition of "elite" or "casual"? I don't buy VIP, as wintersmoke pointed out, I invest in items sold in the AH at current prices, then sell them back much later after the market saturation drops. The adventure packs (when they were new) was being sold cheap, the contents were not as cheap. Back before they took out epic dungeon keys, I dumped all mine from those packs. Otherwise I could have been stuck with bound to character reroll tokens.

I am not sure what you are doing to only make 1 million AD in a year? I hope this information helps. Even if you just do RAD (rough astral diamonds) with 2 characters, you should be able to make;
    The Arcane Reservoir - 4,500 Rough AD (Starts at level 64)
    The Red Wizards - 4,500 Rough AD
    Protecting the Portal - 4,500 Rough AD
    Reclaiming the Hoard - 4,500 Rough AD
    Biggrin's Tomb - 4,500 Rough AD
    Ballad of Baphomet - 4,500 Rough AD (with completion of the Maze Engine campaign)

Every week 27,000 AD per character + 50% bonus from invoking. This comes to 64,800 with 2 characters. That figures to 3.3 million a year alone. With the RAD cap at 100K everyone can make 3 million a month assuming they know where to look for the RAD. With the new system of converting old unused currency to RAD there shouldn't be a problem getting to cap. However before this system, when I had extra AD I converted to zen, I purchased more characters. I have a total of 8 and I don't see how that is being elite. I don't make the hunt for AD "the end all be all" of this game. Some days, I hit the RAD cap or lose my shirt on a bad investment in the auction house. Some days I give my items away as gifts. All I am saying about professions, I don't see any loss on it.
    wb-cenders.gif

Got it.
    I don't know your definition of "elite" or "casual"? I don't buy VIP, as wintersmoke pointed out, I invest in items sold in the AH at current prices, then sell them back much later after the market saturation drops. The adventure packs (when they were new) was being sold cheap, the contents were not as cheap. Back before they took out epic dungeon keys, I dumped all mine from those packs. Otherwise I could have been stuck with bound to character reroll tokens.

I am not sure what you are doing to only make 1 million AD in a year? I hope this information helps. Even if you just do RAD (rough astral diamonds) with 2 characters, you should be able to make;
    The Arcane Reservoir - 4,500 Rough AD (Starts at level 64)
    The Red Wizards - 4,500 Rough AD
    Protecting the Portal - 4,500 Rough AD
    Reclaiming the Hoard - 4,500 Rough AD
    Biggrin's Tomb - 4,500 Rough AD
    Ballad of Baphomet - 4,500 Rough AD (with completion of the Maze Engine campaign)

Every week 27,000 AD per character + 50% bonus from invoking. This comes to 64,800 with 2 characters. That figures to 3.3 million a year alone. With the RAD cap at 100K everyone can make 3 million a month assuming they know where to look for the RAD. With the new system of converting old unused currency to RAD there shouldn't be a problem getting to cap. However before this system, when I had extra AD I converted to zen, I purchased more characters. I have a total of 8 and I don't see how that is being elite. I don't make the hunt for AD "the end all be all" of this game. Some days, I hit the RAD cap or lose my shirt on a bad investment in the auction house. Some days I give my items away as gifts. All I am saying about professions, I don't see any loss on it.
    Do you sell all the crafted items for commission? Or do you sell the +1 for commission, and the "regular" items for gold?

Do you sell all the crafted items for commission? Or do you sell the +1 for commission, and the "regular" items for gold?

For the last 30 days or so, I made it a routine to look at Begum's buy list first thing of the day. If the item was chokers for example, I would get my lowest cost artisan with the highest ability to make them using up most of the 400 morale. Without needing to leave that point, I would then "sell all" to Begum. I then set the 3 work slots up to make more through out the remainder of the day. I never set the create as many as possible option. Then at night I will collect and sell. If I had no resources I would take the day to collect materials using the adventures. Being a jeweler, I also set the gems I collected on the character to protected. Black pearls, Aquamarines, Opals, etc. would not be refined during my day. On average this method was making about 30K to 40K commission.

If I needed gold, I had it on hand, but I routinely sell off treasures, potions, and extra items that don't refine into RP. I know some people are buying up platinum bowls in the AH for 150 to 200 AD, however they only give 35 silver. If you are swapping AD for gold in this manner, buy the Black Ice Salve and Coalescent Potions from Icewind Dale (37s 50c) as they run about 30 to 40 AD the last I checked. Other people I spoke with are buying Gold Bars, but I never checked on those. After I finished I sold off a lot of my stock and left my workshop making mithral and silver ingots. I went to the shopkeep in the mall and picked up the tool needed for alchemy. I plan to make jewelry to sell in the AH from now on and see how playing alchemy pans out. I don't use much in the area of health potions as the rare Stone of Health sells for under 20K AD in the AH most of the time.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited January 2019

For the last 30 days or so, I made it a routine to look at Begum's buy list first thing of the day. If the item was chokers for example, I would get my lowest cost artisan with the highest ability to make them using up most of the 400 morale. Without needing to leave that point, I would then "sell all" to Begum.

It is often NOT a good idea to use the "sell all" button. If some of your tools are on the commission list, you'll find yourself without them when you got back to the workshop.

If you want to make gold, produce the lowest-available level blue item that sells for 34 silver, 11 copper while you're offline. Use morale every day to produce for commissions.

When you get to masterwork and level 70 items they can easily eat more gold every days than you can make. Unfortunately we get the economy the devs designed, not one that makes even a tiny amount of sense.

If, like me, you have started the mod with an enormous amount of unrefined black ice, tell the chillwrights at the forge to refine it all. They do it instantly. You can then buy hundreds of potions from Eglandar to turn into gold.

Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    That new system sucks...a few well equipped end gamers... who like this Neverwinter Tycoon stuff say it's good...for the casual and even regular player it is a huge pile of pooh!

Not fun complicated and time consuming...

I used to craft black ice glyphs at 28% chance of doubles make my ad like that and i was happy...they killed that...
    ...granting me 100 credits for my 200k black ice crafting gloves....f that!
    ...i didn't even trade them...i'd rather see them rot there than getting screwed like that!...
    ,....this system is bs...gold...research stupid recipes where you never have the ingredients....

...after 2 years of playing...i had all the resources and ingredients already...
    ...no kill all that...reinvented new ingredients...basically start over...
    It a shameless way of milking the fan base..

...even the winterfest...
    ...you used to be able to get quite a bit of gold fishing...now they switched to the sh*tty fishing of the storm king campaign
    ...much slower and complicated than the previous fishing that was done at the winterfest other years...nerfed the fishing rods too!

You dont have a 7 millions AD hammer of gond?...
    ...your wasting your time...

I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't made mandatory to progress...but it's been shoved down our throat...
    ...you just can't progress unless your doing this stupid sheet!...

...but that's the way the whole industry is now...fun?
    ...no need for that...just use every trick in the book to get $ out of you player base...you need gold!..ah ah got ya...!
    ..but don't worry...we'll sell you some!!!

Neverwinter nights 3d is what this game was...and it was fun...
    ...this mod 15 was put together with greed in mind...and it's pretty lazy...is any of this mod 15 bs even DnD related?
    ...making you repeat the very same missions back to back...go get an egg...well done...ok now go get an egg...pfff!
    ...Kill monster collect loot...that's the DnD concept...
    ...i don't want to hand knit my new gear...what the...

Mod 15 shall be remembered as a big pile of steamy pooh!
    I'm a TR...
    ...went from putting 180 millions in a CN run...
    ...to now getting out DPS by GWF who are 2000 IL below me!...pfff! garbage all around!

No i havn't played since...came back today to give it another whirl..and get my influence for the guild...
    ...but it sucks every bit as much now as 1 month ago...

I reloaded Icewind Dale and expansions...classic true DnD goodness...
    ...sprinkled a little Pokerstars in there...
    ...that's how i survived my 1st month away...
    ...makes it's easier now to forget this game.

A very disapointed and frustrated kitty!
    Post edited by alfared#9239 on
    @alfared#9239 you made some valid points, but I never did the old professions all that much. I trust you about the issues with switching from old professions to new professions systems. What I like about this is the exit from 2D menu system to a 3D shop. I am disappointed when they allow me to do professions while out exploring, but expect a payment of 5 morale to get items delivered. The artisan can pull the raw materials, gold, and gems needed from my inventory no matter my location. When I don't use the option to make until broke, they should just pull all the needed materials at that point. There are flaws and controversy when you make changes to any system.

As for this comment and question, "...this mod 15 was put together with greed in mind...and it's pretty lazy...is any of this mod 15 bs even DnD related?" I was on Preview last Fall and knew the Acquisitions Incorporated group would get a very cold welcome. First problem, I didn't know who they were or how they fit into D&D. After much research, I found they were a group of live YouTube gamers who tour the conventions. Then watching the videos, I found their game play focused around adult humor and potty jokes. Back in the day, my husband put elements of humor into playing D&D, but not around every corner. You tell a joke once, everyone at the table laughs and you move along. Telling the same joke over and over gets stale and is no longer funny. As how this "fits" into the lore, the player character Omin Dran was mentioned in a book as supporter of the community in Waterdeep. Other than that, they are just convention players who got the attention of the developers. As for greed, doesn't matter if you are playing D&D or Monopoly, greed is the goal for many players. Like you, I tend to enjoy the story. This module doesn't have a story but is more like a one liner joke told in a bar by a drunk.

In my opinion, Cryptic did three controversial moves in mod 15. But I don't see all of these moves as evil or a cash grab. They put in a cast of jokers into the plot and didn't develop the story, motivation, or take the time to introduce them to the community (aka discovery). Cryptic was in a big hurry to thrust them into a single module. I would have you meet the characters over time, of several modules, to get to know them in a side quest. They moved salvage AD to campaign AD, I personally liked this one, but many lazy (greedy) players want to sit in one spot and do nothing to get AD. Because I am active, I make more AD with the conversion of campaign currency to AD than I ever did with salvage. Finally the third controversial move is the topic at hand, professions system change. I only used professions on the web based Gateway that was shutdown in the Fall of 2016. I recently helped a friend by making gem crates for his guild upgrade but found it annoying to log into a 3D game to sort through 2D menu options. The old professions system was better on the web and should have remained there. All these minor issues make mod 15 a pariah. No where near as bad as mod 6, but one of the least favored by all.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Alot of people are negative about the new system ,most have missed how easy it really is ...even the spread sheets ive seen are wrong.
    here is how to do it free and at minimum gold and zero AD cost:
    1: Choose alchemy as your first proffesion...why? cuase its the cheapest and easiest to craft commision items,
    2: get to rank 2 workshop,
    3: then get to rank 2 workshop on all your alts...why? cuase you get free morale on all workshops =free rushed commision items which you then mail to youre main toon for their rank 3 upgrade ...and then thier rank 4 upgrade.
    Additional bonus is you get free artisans on all workshops each day so for gathering tasks you only use the workshops that have artisans with -25% commision,and mail the collected results to the workshops that dont have minus commision adventurers.
    Only craft commision items on workshops that have a -25% or better commision.
    3: everyday only accept artisans or adventurers that have minus commision for gathering and alchemy tasks,you can accept other artisans for other proffesions as you wont be using them yet BUT always leave one empty space so if a good artisan comes along you can accept it and then decide which different artisan to dismiss.
    4: set all minus commision adventurers gathering beehive chip,mail the results to any workshops that dont have adventurers yet ...or dont have adventurers with minus commision,
    ALSO use the free morale each day to rush as many of these on each workshop as you can get out of the free daily morale.
    5: set all alchemists that have minus commision to crafting either Honey (this is the cheapest in gold cost as it only uses 1 beehive chip per honey but also lower commision value) OR beeswax (this is a higher gold cost as it uses 3 x beehive chip per beeswax but has a higher commision value) Note that the maximum minus commision is -75% but any -25% artisans will do to start.
    6: mail the honey or beeswax to your main workshop for the 500k commision...NOTE honey and beeswax can NOT be used for the 5 million commision as this only accepts items crafted from level 61-70 recipies.
    7: repeat this process till you get your main workshop to rank 3,at this point you could continue this process to get all your other workshops to rank 3 but there isn't really much point.
    8: So your main workshop is now rank3 so now switch all -25% commision adventurers to gathering myrrh branch...
    again mailing these to workshops that dont have adventurers or dont have minus commision adventurers,
    9: set all minus commision alchemists to crafting Myyrh and then mail the results to your main for the 5 million commision.

Special notes using 10 toons you could resonably get one workshop to rank 4 in about a month...which is not a huge time at all
    ALSO bear in mind new artisans/adventurers apply every day so keeping an eye on each workshop and the whole process will get faster as each workshop gathers more minus commision artisans over time.
    Really the only limitaion is how much gold you have /or earn to keep up with the artisans so this is why minus commision is so important,if you get lucky and get -25% adventurers on several workshops and also get -50% or even -75% alchemist artisans on a couplke of workshops then the whole process gets a lot cheaper.
    NB the 500k commision using honey or beeswax combined with minus commision adventurers and minus commision artisans is really cheap on gold BUT gathering myrrh branch and crafting Myrrh is where the bulk of the gold cost will come in so once you gat to that stage you do need to watch youre gold and not over procduce myyrh and definately do NOt use artisans that dont have minus commision.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User

We need about 5 or 10 Currency Markets to sell our goods in and we need to sell them at similar high prices and a way to punish the undercutters aka lowballers). Just like in real life, the Hanseatic Mercanile league was able to keep prices stable for 400-500 years. The New professions system can't keep prices stable for TWO WEEKS.

Punishment must be an option.

Its called price fixing,the whole point of NOT price fixing is that it benefits everyone equaly and not just the few who are selling.
    The end result of NOT price fixing is that the ones who are MOST efficient and econimical at crafting make profits while those who throw away AD at crafting and waste a lot will fail to make a profit.

For the last 30 days or so, I made it a routine to look at Begum's buy list first thing of the day. If the item was chokers for example, I would get my lowest cost artisan with the highest ability to make them using up most of the 400 morale. Without needing to leave that point, I would then "sell all" to Begum.

It is often NOT a good idea to use the "sell all" button. If some of your tools are on the commission list, you'll find yourself without them when you got back to the workshop.

If you want to make gold, produce the lowest-available level blue item that sells for 24 silver, 11 copper while you're offline. Use morale every day to produce for commissions.

When you get to masterwork and level 70 items they can easily eat more gold every days than you can make. Unfortunately we get the economy the devs designed, not one that makes even a tiny amount of sense.

If, like me, you have started the mod with an enormous amount of unrefined black ice, tell the chillwrights at the forge to refine it all. They do it instantly. You can then buy hundreds of potions from Eglandar to turn into gold.

I don't want to speak for @sandukutupu , but it seems to me from going over the advice in her post, it is unlikely that she has any of the advanced tools that would need protection. her system seems to require very little other than the free tools available through the initial upgrade to level 2 quests.
    edited January 2019

If you want to make gold, produce the lowest-available level blue item that sells for 24 silver, 11 copper while you're offline. Use morale every day to produce for commissions.

I don't want to speak for @sandukutupu , but it seems to me from going over the advice in her post, it is unlikely that she has any of the advanced tools that would need protection. her system seems to require very little other than the free tools available through the initial upgrade to level 2 quests.
    I don't have any advance tool but I still want to protect (as not selling by accident) the higher level craftable tools if I am using them. Do I really want to craft them all again or buying them all from AH even though they are not expensive?

I don't have any advance tool but I still want to protect (as not selling by accident) the higher level craftable tools if I am using them. Do I really want to craft them all again or buying them all from AH even though they are not expensive?
    That is a good point. Those items should be protectable. I only just ran into this situation recently when I crafted my first steel gathering tools.
    bronto111 said:

Alot of people are negative about the new system ,most have missed how easy it really is ...even the spread sheets ive seen are wrong.
    here is how to do it free and at minimum gold and zero AD cost:
    [snip]
    and crafting Myrrh is where the bulk of the gold cost will come in so once you gat to that stage you do need to watch youre gold and not over procduce myyrh and definately do NOt use artisans that dont have minus commision.

1) The point of the original post was, in part, the ability to execute a plan that doesn't cost a rectal ton of gold depends entirely on the RNG and having large amounts of time to spend mailing things, and that this is a mark of bad design and the kind of anti-player, pro-RNG attitude that is ubiquitous in this game.
    2) In other words, no one missed that possibility and it is a little beside the point.
    3) Alchemy is not the most useful profession in that it can't be used to craft RP, which is the best way to earn guild marks, it can't be used to craft gear, and it can't be used to craft augment kits. MW III recipes for alchemy are laughable - spend thousands of guild marks to get a supplement that provides 10 more proficiency than the level 70 recipe.
    4) So yes, this is one way to go about it, but not necessarily the most efficient or productive.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I've found that, if you're going to be doing crafting in order to generate some gold, it's worth upgrading the workshops for the characters who are going to be involved. At this time, I have 8/9 characters' workshops upgraded to level 4. The ninth character will get his workshop upgraded when Lady Begum is once again accepting Myrrh, since I had most of a stack of Myrrh laying around and decided to top it up to a full stack. If not for that, they'd all have been upgraded on black ink.

Since I am not currently using any of my characters to generate crates of astral diamonds for my guild or alliance, I have decided to start using professions to generate some gold to help pay for the crates of astral diamonds. (I'm not able to generate as much gold by questing as I can spend on these crates.) I've assigned each character a task, which means that some characters are gathering one or two raw materials, then using those to make a crafted resource, while other characters are taking those crafted resources and making a finished product, which is then sold. If it's something that can be auctioned off, the AD generated from those sales is used to buy gold from the AH. Otherwise, it's just vendor'd.
    It's worth noting here that at normal gathering and crafting commissions, it costs about 820 gold to produce 999 myrrh, which sells for 520k on the AH. 999 gold bars sells for about 375k, which after the AH's rake means all that time and money went into making 93k AD and 179 gold. Obviously this is more efficient -- as far as gold - with lower commissions. Black ink of course requires three difference resources and three ingredients, two of which are finished products. At normal commission the total cost is about 74.5 silver apiece and it sells for a little less than 600 AD apiece on the AH, and given that each crafter only produces 1 ink at a time (at normal speed, every 3 hours, so basically 24 hours to fill up a rank 3 delivery box even with alts crafting and mailing fish glue and linseed oil) that's potentially profitable as far as AD but very time consuming and it requires a large amount of gold outlay. In short, it's not the most efficient way to upgrade, to make AD or to make gold.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

It's worth noting here that at normal gathering and crafting commissions, it costs about 820 gold to produce 999 myrrh, which sells for 520k on the AH. 999 gold bars sells for about 375k, which after the AH's rake means all that time and money went into making 93k AD and 179 gold. Obviously this is more efficient -- as far as gold - with lower commissions. Black ink of course requires three difference resources and three ingredients, two of which are finished products. At normal commission the total cost is about 74.5 silver apiece and it sells for a little less than 600 AD apiece on the AH, and given that each crafter only produces 1 ink at a time (at normal speed, every 3 hours, so basically 24 hours to fill up a rank 3 delivery box even with alts crafting and mailing fish glue and linseed oil) that's potentially profitable as far as AD but very time consuming and it requires a large amount of gold outlay. In short, it's not the most efficient way to upgrade, to make AD or to make gold.

When I read what you just wrote, I think "who finds this enjoyable"? I mean I am a knowledge worker so I am analyzing data sets and and such all day. I could track everything I need to do for the new professions, I have the skill sets but THIS IS HAMSTER BORING!!!!!!! At least leadership was something everyone could do multiple times a day with every alt that helped the main out. It was mostly mindless grind and that is good grind, I can listen to podcasts and eat lunch and talk to my wife while doing it.