test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK/leechers in public/random queues are a big PITA

slicy#6318 slicy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
a) disconnect before the dungeon starts: group is locked, can't proceed, can't kick quitter -> PITA
b) join, stay in, but afk, waiting for others to hack away, just to grab rewards, can't kick, spoils gold result -> PITA
When it happens it's annoying in itself, but the last time the player even _explicitly_ said in group channel "afk, return for endboss" -> PITA^2

Do something about that!
Some queues can't kick at all (skirmish, Tiamat, demo when >5 players, in other group, no queue-group list).
Even when kick is possible, there is a timeout before it can be initiated. If nothing else, drop kick timeout down to 2min from 10min (or whatever it is now, it's too long) when you can kick at all.
But make all queues kickable, and don't waste more than 3min of legit players' time.

Comments

• Options
    slicy#6318 slicy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Oh, just by re-reading it I've got a great idea: auto-kick idle/offline players after 30sec. Give 30sec recover chance to rejoin, otherwise lock out and auto-call for reinforcements.
    But I guess creative leechers will still find a way around it, so still install possibility to kick in _all_ queues after ... 2min should suffice as safety net.
  • Options
    I realize this is an old thread, but I just did a quick AFK search and this was the first one I saw. This is such an incredibly big issue and I can't see for the life of me how they haven't found a way to fix this yet... I'm only posting now because I am frustrated to the point of having to do so. It's a daily occurrence now on anything from the ongoing Storm Front event to the 25 man Tiamats. How are these people getting away with this so easily?! GTFO Moochers we don't need or want you here!!!