test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Basic Economics and the new Crafting system.

2»

Comments

• bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    I've been making items in the Level 16-19 range, and making off like a bandit selling them to the VIP Seal Vendor (though just about any vendor will do) for 34s18c apiece with a base total cost of roughly 5-10s each (higher-level items sell for the same amount, but with higher costs). It's especially nice when I can score a worker with -75% Commission and +75% Speed; I've found one Common and one Rare Jeweler with that. Most of my chars still need to find Adventurers with that kind of Commission/Speed relationship, but as far as building and constructing things.

The Common (white) workers are good for those; at high enough level, just about any of them can get 100% success even using Worn tools. The Rare and Epic ones should be reserved for high-end stuff for personal use, or selling to either Lady Begum or at the Auction House.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User

I've been making items in the Level 16-19 range, and making off like a bandit selling them to the VIP Seal Vendor (though just about any vendor will do) for 34s18c apiece with a base total cost of roughly 5-10s each (higher-level items sell for the same amount, but with higher costs). It's especially nice when I can score a worker with -75% Commission and +75% Speed; I've found one Common and one Rare Jeweler with that. Most of my chars still need to find Adventurers with that kind of Commission/Speed relationship, but as far as building and constructing things.

The Common (white) workers are good for those; at high enough level, just about any of them can get 100% success even using Worn tools. The Rare and Epic ones should be reserved for high-end stuff for personal use, or selling to either Lady Begum or at the Auction House.

I don't even think the input cost is 5-10 silver. Most of the input are gathered as an unit of 12 items. If that is the case, the cost of that material needs to be divided by 12.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I don't even think the input cost is 5-10 silver. Most of the input are gathered as an unit of 12 items. If that is the case, the cost of that material needs to be divided by 12.
    I was thinking of the cost of processing, such as turning Flax into Linen Yarn or Ash Logs into Ash Lumber, along with the Commission for the item itself.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User

I was thinking of the cost of processing, such as turning Flax into Linen Yarn or Ash Logs into Ash Lumber, along with the Commission for the item itself.
    Ok, that path costs more.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    at those levels you can buy the materials from the professions vendor. they are usually cheaper than gathering and processing gathered stuff.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    yppo#1635 said:

at those levels you can buy the materials from the professions vendor. they are usually cheaper than gathering and processing gathered stuff.

But Material Exchange Currency is a non-renewable resource. If you have the stomach for tending the Delivery Box with sufficient regularity, the path from Gathering > Crafting Resources > Crafting Products is quite smooth. I do not have the stomach for tending the Delivery Box the way that such a path requires. So I've simply opted out of using professions to generate gold.