test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New wonders of gond a complete failure

minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
37 hours of crafting to do the event craft and not varying by profession, so if you're low level in some professions you have no chance to do this.

I thought it was ludicrous that you only get one metal ingot out of each craft, given how fast you use them but this rubs it in.

A once fun event now rendered completely useless.

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    It's ridiculous how many of each resource is required to do the crafting. Ten! Seriously, devs? TEN? TEN OF EACH RESOURCE/INGREDIENT? As soon as I saw that, I gave up on the event. What's the point? Maybe I'll spend time crafting the necessary ingredients and save them for next time. Who am I kidding? Almost certainly not!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't bother with the profession portion of the event, I haven't in a long time. Just collect the grommets from fighting and refine them up that way, is what I generally do. YMMV.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I don't bother with the profession portion of the event, I haven't in a long time. Just collect the grommets from fighting and refine them up that way, is what I generally do. YMMV.

Atm spending a lot more time crafting than I do hitting things. Also you used to be able to buy cheap mundane crafting supplies with GMs which I did a lot, really wish you still could, then I'd buy the necessary to craft.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I ran into a bug where I refine my cogs and it consumes them but does not reward a higher tier cogs. Bugs, bugs, and more bugs.
  • Options
    blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The issue I've noticed in the event is about the mechanical altars - when used, they give us the old (useless) profession resources... :(

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19-AaZo6eI3e3bUKIUAfNGv3bCM79Eq4x

Post edited by blodvern on
  • Options
    OK, now my doohickey that I have had since last year slotted in my potions tray is.... gone. It was a purple permanent one. Those things don't have a one year time limit do they?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited November 2018

OK, now my doohickey that I have had since last year slotted in my potions tray is.... gone. It was a purple permanent one. Those things don't have a one year time limit do they?

They don't have time limit but did you buy something from the event vendor? The doohickey is the highest currency of the event.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Bring back the blueprints.
  • Options

They don't have time limit but did you buy something from the event vendor? The doohickey is the highest currency of the event.
    Ha, yelp, I figured that out earlier today. May "duh..." moment.

• Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Have you realized, that if you get +1 result in the gond crafting task, that you then get 1 rank 4, 1 rank 3, 2 rank 2 and 5 rank 1s (Sorry,i do not know the english names)?

That should be roughly 1/4 of the rank 7. so not that bad, depending on your +1 chance.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    blodvern said:

The issue I've noticed in the event is about the mechanical altars - when used, they give us the old (useless) profession resources... :(

Trade them in with your retainer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well with new rewards and high AD value it seems the Gond Bots are out in full force. Could never figure out why someone does not monitor items at auction house that get farmed from events like this. Then check in logs the players that post massive amounts and see if it looks like they are running a bot script or not.
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    what you can do is buy resources for gold, then reset morale for ad, i would make around 5mil ad this way if i wasnt stupid and open all them doohikeys :/
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The sad fact is basically that it is absolutely not worth the effort to farm and open the packs, and claims of a "high chance" of some drops are misleading ... well, more like an outright lie, in fact.

Just look at the video https://youtu.be/SB7Va6AYSSw.

An event like this just isn't fun.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

True. The only issue is: the shop ignores the protected state of the doohickey. :-/ Fortunately, I could craft another one, so my rings in the tray don't feel so lonely anymore.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I only realized at the end that it would be better to just trade the penultimate blue item for the fashion bag. The individual items from that were selling for more than the anvil artifact I got, though I probably would have just given them to alts.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother