test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artisan - cheater?

mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
I want to know if this is a new type of artisan?
Apart from the fact that we only get bad or very bad artisans, we must also pay attention to whether they are thieves and cheats? Is it only you - devs decided to drain our pockets of leftover gold?
Who and how did calculate these percentages?
If I still have to check each artisan in this respect, I think I will give in ...

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    It's weird how that works, but it is correct. Half as fast means it will take twice as long.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    For me, this is total nonsense and usually cheating. I want to find out on what basis -50% speed means that the task taking usually 10 minutes, takes 20 minutes, and the same task with + 50% speed bonus will take us 6 min 40 sec? From what are these values calculated? Because certainly not from the duration of the task.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    The best way I can describe it is with a driving reference.

Let's say you need to drive 150 miles.

At a base speed of 50 miles per hour, it will take you 3 hours -- 150 / 50 = 3.
    50% of 50 is 25

With a -50% speed modifier, 50 - 25 = 25
    At the modified speed of 25 miles per hour, it will take you 6 hours -- 150 / 25 = 6.

With a +50% speed modifier, 50 + 25 = 75
    At the modified speed of 75 miles per hours, it will take you 2 hours -- 150 / 75 = 2.

As you can see, half as fast (-50%) will take twice as long and half again faster (+50%) only means 2/3 as long.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    This is just simple math.

Half the speed, double the time.
    Double the speed, half of the time.

-50% of the speed is half the speed.
    +50% of the speed is not double the speed.
    +100% is double the speed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***