test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Developers, I am not running a halfway house for unemployed alchemists

valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
like 99% of my applications are alchemists there anyway to change that ?

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah, idenical same name in 5 applications. i wanted to flush that name into the drain and never come back. i wanted to make "blacklist" to prevent coming back or any alias with same status and skills i dont want.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I guess I am.
    And it must be pretty good.

I no sooner fire an alchemist than his application shows up in the very stack that I am sorting.
    In some cases the same alchemist applies multiple times in the same stack.

And one time I hired an adventurer but then when I looked at my artisan roster that adventurer never showed up, but an alchemist had.

I can only imagine what that alchemist did to that adventurer. Maybe poisoned her, or used some sleeping potion to knock her out, tie her up, and put her in a box on a ship on the way to Iceland Dale or Chult or some such.
  • rwraith#1531 rwraith Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Alchemists-R-Us must have had a big layoff. I've gotten nothing but Alchemist applications.
  • volux#8662 volux Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Maybe the alchemists got wind that you're hiring. They're really desperate for a job, so they figure if they change their application just a little bit (lvl 23 instead of lvl 21) that maybe you'll give them a shot. Alchemists have to eat too!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    I like to think we have a Diskworld situation on our hands here.
    Our 'candidates' are the alchemists who have succeeded in blowing up their own labs.
    I always picture them showing up, clothes in tatters, hair still smoldering, swearing up and down that they'll get it right any day now.....

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Coming Soon!(TM)
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    This may not be an option for everyone, but increasing your workshop level to 3 will stem the flood of alchemist applicants; as a bonus, you'll even start getting blue applicants.
    thestia said:

This may not be an option for everyone, but increasing your workshop level to 3 will stem the flood of alchemist applicants; as a bonus, you'll even start getting blue applicants.

I have not seen the flood of alchemists applying diminish, and I have the workshop upgraded to level 3 on 14 characters.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    maybe those alchemists heard workshop was playing Huey Lewis's 80 song, "i wanna a new drug" and assume they are seeking new fumes and went to apply and we get mass applying going on since we re-open the workshop.

and don't forget Twisted Sister's song, "i want that rock" for ore gathering team, former adventurers. poor adventurers, they have taken arrows to the knees.
    Poor Ace Ventura, he got it worst, took spears to his knees.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User

thestia said:

I have not seen the flood of alchemists applying diminish, and I have the workshop upgraded to level 3 on 14 characters.
    Ouch. As soon as I upgraded to r3, I started seeing markedly less alchemists. From 95% down to a more reasonable amount. Sorry that didn't help you D:
    thestia said:

thestia said:

Ouch. As soon as I upgraded to r3, I started seeing markedly less alchemists. From 95% down to a more reasonable amount. Sorry that didn't help you D:
    Well, it gives me hope. I mean, if it happened to one person, maybe I'll stop drawing the short straw soon.