test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"A Clean Start"....what do I do now?

astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
I bought everything on my character material list (Natron... Iron Ingot... Brass Ingot... etc), but how my character "...have your Retainer package them (up)"?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Talk to your retainer and have them packaged.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Uhm.... you don't buy them - you have to craft the item (and not all of them, just one) In my case it was Linseed Oil+1, but it depends on which profession you picked as your starting one.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • futongamer#1447 futongamer Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @adinosii said:
    > Uhm.... you don't buy them - you have to craft the item (and not all of them, just one) In my case it was Linseed Oil+1, but it depends on which profession you picked as your starting one.

I'm still trying to figure out how to GET a profession...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I'm still trying to figure out how to GET a profession...

Uhm...
    1. Speak to Knox to start the quest chain
    2. Go to the workshop and select a Retainer
    3. Pick an initial profession - you get two workers for that profession and two adventurers for gathering
    4. do the quest chain, including using the workers you got to make the +1 item for your profession (in my case Linseed oil +1)
    5. When you have the ´+1 item, just speak to the retainer - there should be an option to package it up.
    6. Proceed with the quest chain.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Forgot about crafted them (I can't find Natron +1 alchemical...) or buying them (I can't Iron Ingot +1 in AH...). What am I supposed to do?
    +1 can't be bought. They have to be made. Natron has to be gathered.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • babysmackgirl666babysmackgirl666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Natron has to be gathered. Where exactly?
    Gathering; Level 31-40
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    if you have lvl 70 of anything other than gathering, look for the recipe on that list and craft it focus is the key to make it +1

Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    you don't need to do all of them, just one of them, then chat with your retainer (through I'd like to see the list)
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    jandemann said:

you don't need to do all of them, just one of them, then chat with your retainer (through I'd like to see the list)

This does not work for me. Can not complete "A clean start with Fanella.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

jandemann said:

This does not work for me. Can not complete "A clean start with Fanella.
    What is not working?

She is not offering the "bundle" conversation option after you crafted 3X +1 whatever on the list?

If not then all I can suggest is a bug report in-game and/or on the forum here.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    With experimentation, I figure it out....the workshop might be +1 (etc.) but all of the highlight levels are in play. I bought iron ore and crafted "Iron Ingot +1" by clicking iron (11-20) icon, choose my artisan, craftsmanship tool and the "Craft (heart) 5" button. You might have to click more then thrice (and replace the artisan, if need be) to craft "Iron Ingot +1", successfully.
  • jamvarujamvaru Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    notice that you can increase your odds of crafting the +1 item by using the higher quality material, if you have it
    likewise, you can increase your odds by purchasing a better tool, from the auction house or store
    i just now bought 8 bronze ingots +1 for 75 crystals from the AH
    after all this i realized i already has 12 of them, but she won't 'bundle' the items for me
    putting in a ticket
    [i tried crafting 3 more bronze ingots +1 but she wouldn't bundle them]
    Post edited by jamvaru on
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    jamvaru said:

bronze ingots +1 but she wouldn't bundle them]

Bronze Ingots are not on the list. Brass Ingots are. There is nothing on that list that can be crafted in the L1 to L10 section. It's all in the L21 to L30 or L31 to L40 section. (I forget which.)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

jamvaru said:

bronze ingots +1 but she wouldn't bundle them]

Bronze Ingots are not on the list. Brass Ingots are. There is nothing on that list that can be crafted in the L1 to L10 section. It's all in the L21 to L30 or L31 to L40 section. (I forget which.)
    L20-31 has several craftable rares (sellable for 34 sp 18 cp).