test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions - Fireplace (& maybe Mailbox)

I don't mind camping out in the workshop, its as good and any other place but typically I camp out at a fire so I can login and envoke throughout the day. Taverns and other rooms have fireplaces, why can't we have one in there.

And a mailbox would be extra.

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    They're unlikely to add things like that because, as a personal instance, the Workshop gets garbage collected regularly while you're offline so you'll be logging in at the door in PE, not in the workshop itself, most of the time.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

They're unlikely to add things like that because, as a personal instance, the Workshop gets garbage collected regularly while you're offline so you'll be logging in at the door in PE, not in the workshop itself, most of the time.

Taverns in other areas have fireplaces as do other "personal instances", not sure why that would be a deterrent.
  • maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    +1
    They should be available, but as it is workshop for example as additional, craft able upgrades (and maybe with personalized look).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    The tavern in Bovaria does not have the fireplace which is what I wanted in the duration of mod 14. Or, it has a fireplace but I cannot use it for loadout.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    OK, doing professions for hours now and we really need a invoke area right outside the door at the very least!
    And a mail box right next to the building!!!! This running back and forth is getting OLD REAL FAST!!!!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The workshop is a private/personal instance. Not a public one.

The closest correlation you will get is the Stronghold. If you logout in the Stronghold, when you log back in, unless your stronghold has been active in the recent past, you will login wherever you were prior to going to the stronghold. In the case of the workshop, most likely, that will be on its doorstep.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

OK, doing professions for hours now and we really need a invoke area right outside the door at the very least!
    And a mail box right next to the building!!!! This running back and forth is getting OLD REAL FAST!!!!

Here's one of the places VIP shines: invoke anywhere + mailbox anywhere + profession vendor anywhere are really handy.
    greywynd said:

The closest correlation you will get is the Stronghold. If you logout in the Stronghold, when you log back in, unless your stronghold has been active in the recent past, you will login wherever you were prior to going to the stronghold. In the case of the workshop, most likely, that will be on its doorstep.

Yelp, totally understand that. Still need a fire and a mailbox, either right outside the door when we switch back to that toon or ones inside the private instants just like they have in the stronghold. It being a private instants is irregardless of the request.

greywynd said:

Yelp, totally understand that. Still need a fire and a mailbox, either right outside the door when we switch back to that toon or ones inside the private instants just like they have in the stronghold. It being a private instants is irregardless of the request.
    That is how they push VIP. If you have VIP, you don't need them outside of the door.
    What I want is: they allow me to change the loadout inside. I can't do that and I have VIP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited November 2018

That is how they push VIP. If you have VIP, you don't need them outside of the door.
    What I want is: they allow me to change the loadout inside. I can't do that and I have VIP.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, OK, I get it. Its a money grab! Wow, just wow, I walked right into that one. Make the game less playable and less enjoyable unless you spend Zen/money.

So devs, Cryptic, is this true? I will take silence as yes. Ha, yes, that was a BS on my part, we know we have not seen almost anyone from Cryptic on the forums since M15 blew and my comment was just a setup.

edited November 2018

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, OK, I get it. Its a money grab! Wow, just wow, I walked right into that one. Make the game less playable and less enjoyable unless you spend Zen/money.

So devs, Cryptic, is this true? I will take silence as yes. Ha, yes, that was a BS on my part, we know we have not seen almost anyone from Cryptic on the forums since M15 blew and my comment was just a setup.

That is why VIP is QOL item. Without these extra convenience, it will have less reason to get VIP. The existence of VIP is to make your life easier.
    Before the VIP existed, to invoke, brought out an altar. You can still do that. All my toon still carries a stack of altar (for no good reason these days besides removing the dead head). Since the title of this thread is Fireplace, I assume this is more important to you comparing with mail box. So, solution: carry a stack of altar for now.

For reading mail, you can still do so.
    For sending mail and taking stuff out of mail, you need a mailbox.
    So what is the reason, you need to send stuff or retrieve stuff? The common answer is inventory space. Well, if you feel inconvenient, they hope you can buy bags or VIP.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Yes, it's a shocking fact isn't it. A company not giving you a free convenience that they already charge for as part of VIP. Where's the surprise here?

What's next? You want mailboxes scattered around every single zone? Maybe a shopkeeper every 1000 feet to negate having the VIP vendor? Some banks scattered around too right?

People that don't have VIP complaining that they don't get the conveniences of VIP. SMH. Get VIP. Problem solved. Acting as if real $ needs to be spent to get VIP. Ha.

Yes, it's a shocking fact isn't it. A company not giving you a free convenience that they already charge for as part of VIP. Where's the surprise here?

What's next? You want mailboxes scattered around every single zone? Maybe a shopkeeper every 1000 feet to negate having the VIP vendor? Some banks scattered around too right?

People that don't have VIP complaining that they don't get the conveniences of VIP. SMH. Get VIP. Problem solved. Acting as if real $ needs to be spent to get VIP. Ha.
    Nope, no problem spending money on a game if I am getting something new and such that I want for my money. Dragonborn for example, perfectly reasonable to charge for a cool race.

But what you are seeing here is taking things away (convenience that once existed by doing professions anywhere) and introducing friction and speedbumps to require Zen spend.

Are the devs and designers so uncreative and unimaginative that they can't figure out new and exciting things to make you WANT to spend Zen on?

• raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Definitely need to add Fireplace and Mailbox. It's bad enough you cannot Gather without going to Workshop.

It make a crappy system a little better! Gold sink, AD sink and time sink... Basically all not worth it.

Very Disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the title of this thread is Fireplace, I assume this is more important to you comparing with mail box. So, solution: carry a stack of altar for now.

For reading mail, you can still do so.
    For sending mail and taking stuff out of mail, you need a mailbox.
    So what is the reason, you need to send stuff or retrieve stuff? The common answer is inventory space. Well, if you feel inconvenient, they hope you can buy bags or VIP.

Now that I am on day 3 of the new Professions, I would say mailbox is #1 and the reason is that the professions require stuff from other professions to build your stuff. You can't just do tailoring without needing, say, brass rings, something you can't make but your other toon can or you can buy on the zen market.

As far as the fireplace, I just have stopped envoking as I can see that getting expensive to buy alters and using one 6x a day for each toon.

As far as the fireplace, I just have stopped envoking as I can see that getting expensive to buy alters and using one 6x a day for each toon.

Is the cost of the portable altars larger or smaller than the cost of the preservation and coalescent wards from Invoking?