test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Flexadin

veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
edited December 2018 in The Citadel
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19X-HveG0rMQ02dY_B4Ap8poWClS4Y44YL2sqbsDlafI

It's more of a casual guide. You will gear once and fill all roles. It isn't necessarily a build in and of itself but more of a launch platform for the other builds without having to invest a lot more from this spot.
I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
Post edited by veywiil#8685 on

Comments

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    what is the point of burnadin? for solo content prot is just better due to more power and for group you eithe tank ( prot ) or devo and baneslave for others, or is it just me having bonds r13 from the start that made prot>devo for early?
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Burnadin was meant to be one of those builds that worked well early to mid but fell off later due to much larger HP pools and burst damage. Almost entirely meant for group content pre-tong. I'd suggest you read my last 1-2 posts on the Burnadin thread for a better idea of what the fall-off point is. Tl;dr is it works better than baneadin for group play until about Tong / 14k IL. Then Baneadin is superior in almost every way.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
    thx, i guess it wasnt for me becouse i had bonds r13, and those dmg boons dont scale at all :/
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    They don't and the only reason to go full burn these days is if you're trolling intermediate content on down. Even then its dependent on your group's composition but still performs fairly well. I would say starting at FBI and above, its better to just embrace that baneslave support role.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

They don't and the only reason to go full burn these days is if you're trolling intermediate content on down. Even then its dependent on your group's composition but still performs fairly well. I would say starting at FBI and above, its better to just embrace that baneslave support role.

This slavery is only a state of mind, I prefer to think about is a freedom to not do anything. A freedom of the lazy.

:P
    micky1p00 said:

This slavery is only a state of mind, I prefer to think about is a freedom to not do anything. A freedom of the lazy.

:P
    LOL. Fair enough.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It seems burnadin builds can still be good for the new Hardcore mode. Was running a Cragmire Crypts on my Devo, who has damage on heal procs, and was top DPS.

Wasn't even running a full "burnadin" build. Just normal bane/heal bot and my damage procs were good dps.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • wadewilson#3944 wadewilson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Very interesting and well done guide! Ty and hope keep update ;)
    Only a question.. the feats are the same for prot and devo? Ty for answer
    P.s.: every time i read this guide, im much enthusiast then before.. think that the flexadin is the best way and build to follow.. good work
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    So how well does the Elven Battle enchant work for you? I'm considering a build that has 100+% CC resist, and I was wondering if mobs just tend to ignore resist or not....(also looking at high control bonus as well.).
    It works exactly as stated, the issue is it only modifies about 20% of the CC's in the game and most of the really important ones aren't impacted.
    A small list of things that it DOES actually work on:
    • Paralyzation from Yuan Ti
    • Tiamat's Scream
    • Tiamat's White Head Freeze for 10,000 years. (10 seconds)
    • Most daze effects.
    It doesn't work on anything that is movement based though, like knockdowns, knockups, prones, etc...
    @veywiil#8685 Here is my crazy question of the day - Is there any way to tell how much damage output the devos (and maybe prot too) lost (and continue to lose) due to Vow of Enmity not applying AoC damage upon application and reapplication? I suspect its not much overall but it is something. :/
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    It's minor, maybe 1% if that. The most annoying part however is since it no longer applies damage, it does not draw aggro at a range. This is very frustrating as we no longer have any way to ranged pull, and I used this frequently to get ranged mobs to attack me before bondings had a chance to go off.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Can you not still use SW+Bane? I know SW may not be worth slotting now though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Can you not still use SW+Bane? I know SW may not be worth slotting now though.

SW is da wae to go as prot for aggro.
    Vow for devo doesnt matter much in dmg, i could go and test it but that info is meaningless.
    For PVP it matters more but we cant deal any good dmg anyways so might as well give up on dmg compleatly and pretend we are DC.
    Well...I guess I'll not worry too much about any damage loss then but I agree that the fact we can no longer use it for ranged aggro draw or damage is frustrating.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    Sry for disturb you another time, but there's an error in copy/paste in elemental evil campaign boons ;)

Sry for disturb you another time, but there's an error in copy/paste in elemental evil campaign boons ;)

Nice catch thank you.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Soloed ETOS up to the last boss earlier and tried Bane, it will aggro mobs at range by itself.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Sry, another question... because i dont use barovian set, but mc3, you still suggest to use thirst as artifacts? Or is best other with arm pen? Something like gwf sigil for example? Ty for answer and sry my bad english...
    Oh, and because im a noob, but already have anough refinement point, what do you suggest me instead of wanderer fortune? Ty

Oh, and because im a noob, but already have anough refinement point, what do you suggest me instead of wanderer fortune? Ty

Another Assassin's covenant.

Sry, another question... because i dont use barovian set, but mc3, you still suggest to use thirst as artifacts? Or is best other with arm pen? Something like gwf sigil for example? Ty for answer and sry my bad english...

If you aren't using the set, Thirst isn't worth it. MC3 is a perfectly fine alternative.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out which necklace, belt and artifacts I want to give my OP and there are a few things I don't quite understand regarding your choices.

On the hand you sacrifice your AP gain from the necklace to get 1000 extra power from the ravenloft set, why not, but then you sacrifice 1000 power in order to use a heart of the black dragon which gives what, more AP gain? You lost me, here.

For weapons you only speak of primal and stronghold but pioneer also is free, although it requires a bit more work, and at least gives a meaningful bonus for an OP.

Does primal actually proc in solo content despite temp HP and very high max health ?
    One of the main goals is to power share, so having base power is important, which is why the AP gain form the cloak was sacrificed. You were close, but misunderstood the use for the artifact. It isn't about the stats on the artifact, that more secondary. The fact that you can gain the upwards of 20k recovery with a push of a button in group content is the reason it is taken. Clerics are looking for the extra AP gain, but recovery is so much more valuable to us, especially on the Baneadin side, although Protection can use it decently sometimes as well.

Primal is better, ultimately you can do what you like with your own paladin, but I am unable to justify the pioneer set as a recommendation here. I would like to suggest titansteel, but the prices are not where they need to be for me to suggest that in solid conscience on a cheap build. (Although they are getting close after a few weeks of M15). So that may change in the next month, based on 2x prof and resources.
    I actually like the idea of using a dragon heart but I find the blue dragon heart a lot easier to use than black. Black fires in front of your character no matter where you are aiming at while blue fires exactly where you aim. You can be crowded by enemies, aim at the sky and fire the blue dragon heart and it wont hit anything unless they were very very close to you. The stats are similar. Black gives some action point gain but given the large amount you get from artificer's persuasion and the steep diminishing returns on this, it doesn't really matter.

I don't understand your prejudice against pioneer. If your goal is to maximize power share then 1100 extra power beats 10% personal damage hands down. I'm not even counting the other stats.

In the end i invested in a titansteel set so I could get both damage and power, with a group buff on top. It's getting quite inexpensive these days but probably still out of reach of new players.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    For pure powershare wouldn't Red Dragon Heart be better?

Black and Blue might be easier to activate without hit anything or by canceling animation, but Red gives you +1k Power.

Indeed but it hits everything around you so activating it in the middle of a fight is impossible.

To be honest, I don't find even blue particularly easy to activate during a fight. You have to be really good at animation canceling cause otherwise you have better things to do. I wish they could just shorten the animation of artifact activation in general.
    @veywiil#8685 with very little change, and few of adaptation, i was capable of make your guide even mere flexadin, and adapt it even for pvp.. with very unexpected results... so, another time, thanks for this very useful guide!
    @veywiil#8685 i really, really, really hope that you will update this beautiful and usefull guide for mod 16!! i'm very disappointer of what i've see in server test.. this guide is my last hope!
    edited March 2019
    With all the changes going forward (to both paragons) It will probably be an all new guide. If he even decides to write a new guide or play mod 16 for that matter.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac