test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Empowered Illusionist's Mask Refinement

I guess lump this in not understanding how this worked, which is understandable since it is poorly/not explained.

Got the Illusionist's Mask leveled up using the Liars currency and coins. Great, I see I now need 1,000 Liars thingy to buy the Empowered Illusionist's Mask so I grind, get it, and exchange that and the refined Illusionist's Mask.

This is the part I did not know, I now have to use normal refining stones to refine the Empowered Illusionist's Mask, not the Liars coins and such. Why? Is this a bug or is this how it is suppose to work and why is the Illusionist's Mask different?

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I think it is working as intended. Event artifacts are more like toys. They are not too useful except to use as cheap artifacts on alts. Most people get and level them up the first year they play, then ignore the event the next year if they are still around. Seems this year devs got smart and used it to get people to grind the event artifact to get a real artifact. I haven't done the masquerade event in years. Yet this year, I am grinding it for the empowered artifact.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The Empowered one is not character bound. You can pass that to another toon. You can't do it if you refine it. Also, what if the event ends, where can you get event coins if you could not get enough? I personally will buy the Empowered one and then stash somewhere and decide which toon will use it sometime later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    With Power, Recovery and AP gain, the Empowered Mask is just about perfect for my DC (well, my AC build, that is) - so I have no issue with spending RPs on ranking it up.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The new empowered artifact is better than the old one and is upgraded through normal artifact process (real refinement versus event currencies).