test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest items need their own bag

deathdrone#7179 deathdrone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I have noticed that quest items take up alot of space, think that we should have an extra bag for quest items in the inventory tab, does anyone else agree?

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    +quest bag.

it been discussed for years, i often brought up many months ago. it fall silently. EQ2 and ESO has that quest inventory tab. each mod we get and our inventory get messier then ever and unresolved.

one mystery still bother me, Lord neverember gave me promissary note at the final cloaked mission and now has several notes that are too vague, are they suppose to turn in for prize or just a "slot hog" , promissary notes sound like "IOU" papers.
    sound like Lord Neverember is just con-artist who felt guilty and too broke, he not talking about why he was exile from Waterdeep when he was one of the leaders.

we got few other quest items sitting for months after completed several champaigns.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Yeah, we need quest bag, reusable/consumables bag , RP bag;
    I can not understand why it is still not in the game.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Those RP items. those has to be use asap, no reason to hoard those gems.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    wylonus said:

Those RP items. those has to be use asap, no reason to hoard those gems.

marks of potency, ues, etc?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Mission item and refinement item bags would be nice, but I won't hold my breath, especially for a refinement bag.

The mission item bag wouldn't even have to be that large. Just 12 or 18 slots should be fine.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I think the "useful items" tab sounds like a perfect place to put quest or mission items until they are turned in, especially since for most players that tab is largely unused anyway.
    DD~
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    i think we need just a less trash from event. 12389 temporary masks, potions from pinatos. Green insigna mama-mia

and for items for mounts craft may be an other bag.

also the same problem has Portapello campaign.
    You just can geve us a 1 unique mask, dont need to have a 10 of same masks.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited October 2018

i think we need just a less trash from event. 12389 temporary masks, potions from pinatos. Green insigna mama-mia

and for items for mounts craft may be an other bag.

also the same problem has Portapello campaign.
    You just can geve us a 1 unique mask, dont need to have a 10 of same masks.

The temporary masks would be a great thing for players to be able to pick up and items gleaned from pinatas very useful - IF they weren't all bound to character and could be traded, given away or sold in the Auction House.

Having one of each kind of mask bound to a character, that I can understand... so far as a player doesn't have to purge their inventory of additional identical bound to character masks throughout the event - or after picking up the first bound to character mask, all subsequent masks of the same kind are able to be used for something other than cheap (28 copper) merchant fodder.

My 2¢
    DD~
    i only mean those jewels, keep the marks and refine stones, and if get more then 99 and they are extras, i use them up.
    masks were whole other topic, that reason why those pumpkins get bugged if someone run around and not knowing fashion tab are full or deliberately on purpose, made several pumpkins into dead zombie nodes.

devs need to find other way to have masks moved from those nodes, i personally believe it should be in illusionist bag randomly, and let it stack as gems, to use as new source of RP as 10 pts each.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Selling Bags is a major earner for the game. The only way this works is to start with a tiny bag (say, 6 slots) and charge heavily for upgrades. Mind you, I still think that would be a decent idea, what with Chult Hunt Marks and all the River District stuff taking up room in my regular bags.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    that reason why those pumpkins get bugged if someone run around and not knowing fashion tab are full or deliberately on purpose, made several pumpkins into dead zombie nodes.

i had a window massage that my inventory is full, but the pumpkin was active for me when i leave it and back again with free slots for fashion.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Quest-specific and event items should all go in the useful items tab, if not a new tab. Basically, any item from quests, campaigns, or events that isn't either directly consumable (food, potion, etc) or tradeable should go into another tab. Campaign items like the junk you collect in River District for example - the magic, weapons, and treasures - those should go into another tab. However, trophies from Chult should not (instead, they should make trophies actually drop in Omu so we can use those things up and make lures - THEN make lures sellable in the AH like posters are).

However, event-specific items should definitely go to another tab rather than simple be another inventory debuff.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I think the "useful items" tab sounds like a perfect place to put quest or mission items until they are turned in, especially since for most players that tab is largely unused anyway.

I would love this. I am so sick of having things from Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and elsewhere taking up space in my inventory until I get around to doing or turning in the quest. I have a tendency to pick quests up while I'm in there each week, running some, then turning in what I need to in order to complete Sharandar Support, Dread Ring Support, etc and holding the others until I have that quest again. Makes my inventory look cluttered and I do this on 17 characters, some of whom have only two or three bags (because I've been too lazy to run them for the free bags from BlackLake, NeverDeath, etc).