test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Illusionist's Mask upgrade fail

omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
While trying to upgrade the Legendary Illusionist's Mask up to a Rank 14 Radiant Enchantment. It readily failed 20 times using Preservation Wards. But when I attempted to use a Coalescent Ward it would not proceed. It would do the upgrade animation, but not use the Ward or regents.

Is this a possible upgrade? If not, why does it show and how to I get my wasted Preservation Wards back. If so, how can I get my upgrade completed.

Comments

• Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    My Illusionist's Mask is Rank 29, I have : 2 x Memento Mask (1 is needed), 1 x Memento of Leira (1 is needed), 4 x Veil of Mists (4 are needed) and 15 x Veil of Shadows (4 are needed). There is a 95% chance of success, even though I add a preservation ward, when I attempt to upgrade, the upgrade process just doesn't start. No wards consumed, no reagents consumed, no upgrade. The bottom of the screen that should show the new item that would be created if successful is empty.
    Post edited by silverwolf#7884 on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    https://imgur.com/a/qDcSDdL

Could not upload the image - so here's the link to show you
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Upgrading an artifact to an enchantment??? lol. Good joke. I don't even think the old illusionists mask is supposed to upgrade past legendary. Someone else can confirm that.

You can trade in that legendary mask for the empowered mask at the event vendor though.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Upgrading an artifact to an enchantment??? lol. Good joke. I don't even think the old illusionists mask is supposed to upgrade past legendary. Someone else can confirm that.

You can trade in that legendary mask for the empowered mask at the event vendor though.

So are you accusing me of lying and Photoshopping the picture?

EDIT: Does anyone know how to post something directly from my xbox account to prove that this is not a fake.
    Post edited by omegarealities#7219 on
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

EDIT: Does anyone know how to post something directly from my xbox account to prove that this is not a fake.
    I believe you... I have seen a video from someone on my friends list a day or 2 before you posted this.

Its deffo a bug as I had a Legendary Mask from last year in my bag. I looked at it before this event and you could not upgrade it at all past Legendary.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    I tried to upgrade the Rank 29 to Rank 30 again, it still failed but it was interesting to see that the target item that would be created if successful had changed to the last item that I had refined before.
    I further tested this by trying to refine an Azure then trying to refine the Illusionist's Mask. The Illusionist's Mask showed that it would have created an Azure.
    In the refinement window, I changed the Illusionist's Mask to Charm of the Serpent, the target item changed correctly. When I selected the Illusionist's Mask again, the target item stayed as the Charm of the Serpent.
    It would appear that the issue in refinement lies with obtaining the correct target item.
  • Options
    jdetrimentaljdetrimental Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Has anyone in here brought the old illusions mask from epic to legendary this year? Just wondering because it seems to be glitched and I don't want to keep pushing out wards for something *else* bugged.

Edit: got it up at about 50 wards, turns out just bad luck.
    Post edited by jdetrimental on
  • Options
    Mine was the old illusions mask, I decided to convert it to refining points and just get a new one. I only refined the new one to the milestone levels where you need the reagents.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Is this a possible upgrade? If not, why does it show and how to I get my wasted Preservation Wards back. If so, how can I get my upgrade completed.

Haha certainly a WTF moment. Clearly making a radiant R14 from the event mask would be a bug and should not be possible. I'm afraid you will have to write off the 20 pres wards as the cost of trying to get a 2 mio AD enchantment for cheap. I'm not insinuating anything. Most people, including me, would have tried it, at least to see what happens.

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Lolol No I wasn't accusing you of anything.

I was laughing at yet another example of the lack of quality control in the game. I don't need to see any photo evidence to know that there's a bug in Neverwinter. All I have to do to know that is load the game.
  • Options
    fperez11fperez11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Lol so here's the thing all... I just had a very lengthy conversation with Arc Support, and in the end Twylabite's solution was (quote) " Please submit a report to the Xbox bug report section of our Neverwinter forums. This will allow other players to discuss the issue, give feedback, provide reproduction steps and possible resolutions, and bring the issue to the developer's attention." So here I am, posting to the bug report section so that we can evidently fix the issue ourselves... This is a freaking joke..

I'm stuck when trying to upgrade from purple orange so I can trade it in for the empowered one. I gave Arc Support a picture as well as a video of it going through the upgrade animation twice, then on the third time it used a pres ward. I said that this was obviously a bug and wanted my lost wards back, and Twylabite's response: "I am sorry, but we cannot confirm any use of Preservation Wards lost. I searched for all wards spent between the 24th and 25th on your character and am only seeing unsuccessful attempts at upgrades. I'm sorry, but I cannot offer replacements of these wards as they were used correctly."

So apparently, according to Twylabite, this isn't a bug, the upgrade was working correctly and my wards were spent during a correctly-working attempt at upgrading... I've just about had it with this game