test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masquerade of Liars: List of Event Issues

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Here is a list of issues I have encountered while participating in the Masquerade of Liars so far:

#1) The candy you need to complete kill or treat quest has an atrociously low droprate, its so low that I suspect it isn't working as intended. I'm a 17.2k TR murder machine and this quest still took me nearly 2 hours to complete. I tried multiple maps all with adds within 7 levels of me before settling for the fiery pit map. A few of my friends tried running this quest on their support toons, many of them gave up and one person who did complete the quest said it took them 3 hours to complete on their 18k DC. Many people in zone chat also mentioned this quest's crazy low droprate. If this quest is this time consuming for nearly max geared people, its probably much worse for less geared players.

#2) the droprate for liar's charms from enemies is also way too low. It was roughly 2 hours of work to get just over 50 liar's charms, which means that the number of liar's charms I got was only barely higher than the number of kill or treat quest candy I got in the same time frame. My guess is they use the same droprate as eachother.

#3) The pumpkins in Protector's Enclave are frequently bugged. When you interact with the pumpkins, normally they pull up a window where you have to manually accept the liar's charm. When the pumpkins become bugged, they display the standard "you have found a liar's charm" message but they don't pull up the window and they don't give you the liar's charm.

#4) The pumpkins in protector's enclave are also in desperate need of some quality of life tweaks. The most annoying part about farming pumpkins is that they are consumed whenever any player uses them. This means you have to compete with other players who frequently take your pumpkins before you get to them. It would be awesome if the devs made it so that your pumpkins can't be consumed by other players. Another wonderful improvement would be making it so interacting with the pumpkins automatically deposits the liar's charms into your inventory instead of making you click "take or take all" every single time.

#5) The droprate for the enchanted witch's sash component that you need for the broom mount is atrociously low. It took my friend over 40 pinatas to get it, and he was lucky compared to many of the people in PE zone chat that have also complained a lot about the droprate.

#6) The droprate for pinatas from illusionist's bags is very low. Opening 100 illusionist's bags nets you roughly 14 pinatas or less.

#7) Pinatas have a 2 minute cooldown after each use, this makes using up a lot of them needlessly time consuming and tedious.

#8) Pinatas spawn at level 60 regardless of your own level and are nearly indestructible for low level characters. Also, spawning a pinata in an epic dungeon causes them to have the same HP as an epic dungeon mob.

#9) The masquerade illusionists also seem to be buggy. Multiple illusionists that you haven't just traded to frequently stop letting you interact with them for a while even when you have liar's charms in your inventory. It seems like this gets worse and worse the longer you stay on the same instance. It looks like multiple triggers are responsible for them bugging out. Sometimes trading a treat to one illusionist causes a whole bunch to go on cooldown even though you didn't just trade to them. It also seems like other players interacting with the illusionists has a chance to cause them to go on cooldown for you.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on

Comments

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Took my IL 10k Control Wizard six hours to solo complete the "Kill or Treat" mission. I had to do the mission solo! Why?

Be forewarned that if you are in a group, any other player can snag the Liars Charms and Tasty Candy before you can. Once they do, its gone. These drops are not like Waukeen's Coin Purse which all players in a party can collect when dropped.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    #10) Store Bought Mementos + Artifact Ranks Above Rare Bug:
    If you read the tooltip descriptions for the daily mementos, they say you can purchase additional mementos after you have upgraded your illusionist's mask to rare quality. Once my artifact was at rare quality, I purchased a couple more mementos from the store. I then upgraded my artifact to purple, after I did that, I opened up the event store again thinking I would be able to buy more mementos. The mementos are no longer available in the store for me; it appears the store only lets you buy mementos if your artifact is still at rare quality.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    To add to the list:

Why is the Leira fashion items that drop from the bags look exactly like the Sunite Garb from summerfest? This a bug or wai? Some of us were sitting on the Sunite Garb hopng to sell in a few months.....not now with identical fashion being given away...
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    absolutely agree

drop chance is very very VERY low

I got only 7/50 items from quest. I dont know how to do it in one day.
    Pinatos chance are also wery low, and so many trash in it. Like low level healing potions and just fireworks.

Also about artifact. If we need to have a legendary level of it's artifact to just have a new mask. It's stupid why we should waste a time for old artifact?? Just let us have a new mask from blue level it'll be truly.

"sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes, I'm super disappointed with the Leira fashion as well, nothing to do with the event spirit, just a straight rip off the Summer festival one...
  • chu82#9311 chu82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im on xbox and even though this was a PC post I had to look at it being the event and all. I agree with everything everyone has posted and it is true as it is happening with Xbox as well. Plus if you have your fashion bag full and you open pinatas people are complaining about not getting the sash.
    And if you use the pinata in the stronghold you get a stronghold item not your sash.
  • wiedzma69#9870 wiedzma69 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Almost everything listed above also occures in NW PS4. One thing I personally didn't come across is the pumpkin glitch, when you can't pick it up.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

#8) Pinatas spawn at level 60 regardless of your own level and are nearly indestructible for low level characters. Also, spawning a pinata in an epic dungeon causes them to have the same HP as an epic dungeon mob.

Can that actually be a good thing? Is it more you hit more you can get?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I noticed last night that in the Guild Hall, the Pinata was regenerating. If I stopped attacking, it healed to full rather quickly. However, further attacks yielded no loot.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • renestansrenestans Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi
    I'm no expert, but I think there's a mistake :)

Not for the low level players part, I've watched lots of low level people activate pinatas and depending on level, some are completely unable to kill the pinata, they are invincible for them.

The epic dungeon part might not be WAI but it isn't an issue either. I mainly included it in my description in case it helps the devs fix other issues with pinata.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • rammdozerrammdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Dear Cryptic,

You should know i'm typing this with my middle finger, first of all, the drop rate is absolutely ridiculous.... what in the living hell were you thinking, or were you even thinking... I digress... do you seriously think with the fast paced rate with which you produce "new content" , that it is acceptable to have people grinding for either their entire time on the game, or multiple days in a row, and god forbid even worse the entire duration of the event, while they fall further behind on their questing... correct me if i'm wrong here, but, isn't the point of these events to take our mind off of the grind of daily quests........and how prey tell are we supposed to be in a sort of vacation mode from grinding ....wait for it.....with another freaking grind fest ...I mean really?!?!?!

Just so you know there is a special place in hell for the ones responsible for this frustration...so special in fact that Hitler himself takes a back seat your shenanigans, whilst Vlad Dracula sells shishkabobs, and Untied Airlines orders Chinese takeout!!!

Not for the low level players part, I've watched lots of low level people activate pinatas and depending on level, some are completely unable to kill the pinata, they are invincible for them.

The epic dungeon part might not be WAI but it isn't an issue either. I mainly included it in my description in case it helps the devs fix other issues with pinata.
    Oh yeah! Try solo private queue to Cloak Tower and open it up. You will not know about the 2 minute cool down anymore and you can finish the Beholder in Stronghold faster. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    On my second night of pure grind and still nothing. This stopped being fun at about the 10 hour mark.
    edited October 2018

Oh yeah! Try solo private queue to Cloak Tower and open it up. You will not know about the 2 minute cool down anymore and you can finish the Beholder in Stronghold faster. :)
    Just tried your suggestion of queing into cloak tower solo to use my pinatas, this wasn't useful. It took longer than 2mins to kill the pinata even with piercing damage and very little dropped from it despite me going ham on it the entire time.

A much better strategy was to farm pumpkins in PE and break a pinata once every 2 mins as I went.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a new player who was attracted in part by the Halloween event, I have to say the low drop rates for...everything definitely turned me off. They have fixed the drop rates and minimum contribution to at least be attainable by normies such as me, but the pinatas are still hopeless for anyone who isn't max level.

Then there's the problem with pinatas having limited resources amongst ALL players, meaning someone else can steal your pinata goodies without doing anything to earn them. The 2 minute cooldown is still around, which is also pretty annoying for anyone who has more than one of them sitting around.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

I thought so, too, but that's not the case. I spawned a pinata in FBI and its hit points were epic level. But it did not drop anything on every hit. In the end I got the same amount of drops (around 6-8) that I got from non-epic areas when the pinata has normal hit points. It seems the stuff is dropped at certain hit point thresholds, not when the pinata is hit.
    edited October 2018

Just tried your suggestion of queing into cloak tower solo to use my pinatas, this wasn't useful. It took longer than 2mins to kill the pinata even with piercing damage and very little dropped from it despite me going ham on it the entire time.

A much better strategy was to farm pumpkins in PE and break a pinata once every 2 mins as I went.
    I guess you did not catch what I tried to say.
    That was not a suggestion. Sorry to confuse you.
    "You will not know about the 2 minute cool down anymore" because "it takes way over 2 minutes" in there.
    "You can finish the Beholder in Stronghold faster" because "it takes longer to kill the Beholder pinata" in there.
    That implies that was my naive idea to do that.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Finally got my sash and now my broom mount after about 14 hours of grind. Its not the time spent per say, its just that it gets real boring and not much in way of variety. And I very much hate the random nature of it, would far more prefer to know up front that it will take x amount of effort. Maybe put in a hunted house that we "kill" things in or bob for apples, a corn field maze, etc.

But the abilities of others to steal your stuff is BS. Trying to get around the 2 minute delay I would go to secluded locations to do my beholder but I did have times when d-bags would try and jump in and steal my drops. And then you have the people grabbing pumpkins when you are right there getting it. Aka, this is not making me like my fellow players, just the opposite.

Now what I DO like are the rewards. The mount is great, the companion, the ease of which to raise an artifact to higher level, even the dye packs. As others have suggested it would be nice to old this in, say, Icewind Dale or other locations as well just for a difference in venue.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

#3) The pumpkins in Protector's Enclave are frequently bugged. When you interact with the pumpkins, normally they pull up a window where you have to manually accept the liar's charm. When the pumpkins become bugged, they display the standard "you have found a liar's charm" message but they don't pull up the window and they don't give you the liar's charm.

#4) The pumpkins in protector's enclave are also in desperate need of some quality of life tweaks. The most annoying part about farming pumpkins is that they are consumed whenever any player uses them. This means you have to compete with other players who frequently take your pumpkins before you get to them. It would be awesome if the devs made it so that your pumpkins can't be consumed by other players. Another wonderful improvement would be making it so interacting with the pumpkins automatically deposits the liar's charms into your inventory instead of making you click "take or take all" every single time.

From memory it has been this way in this event since 2015
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Trick or Treat. What in the hamster-loving bowels of hell is the criteria for this???

I've just spent a total of 30 minutes on this and manage to do PE and MD - Caer is still frustrating the HAMSTER outta me as I've been "Tricked" 8 times out of ten attempts. MD was better, got 5 treats and 'only' 7 tricks. PE was awful, 5 in about 20.

Is this an untypical run of RNG on this event? Is it affected by multiple players interacting in the same instance?

As others have mentioned, this event should be FUN... a treat, not this god-awful frustrating grind.

WTF Cryptic. Seriously, take a long hard look at what you are doing to player incentives. Truely, I fear for the Winter Festival (previously my favourite event) as the way things are going you will destroy the alt-loving Winterfest and replace it with a single character focused event with ridiculous grind. For the love of all that is Hamster, prove my fears wrong.
    Post edited by xenotorch on
  • caspatia2#9228 caspatia2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    To fix this event, do the following.

1. Create uncommon and rare versions of the broom mount that are bought with just tokens found from the bags.
    2. Make the sash purchasable through the event vendor or drop directly from the bags, not the pinatas.

done, problem solved. Should be easy.
  • rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Well, after opening more than 400 bags and 56 pinatas...nothing. My SW got hers with just over 300 bags on her 39th pinata, and my HR got zip. I can't even share the bristles or gnarled broomstick, for it's character bound, not even account bound. My SW got the sash BEFORE the patch, and my HR, nadda. I'm beyond frustrated.
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest