test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant refine Illusionists mask.

not the empowered mask, the normal one. rp bars full, all reagents in place, ward in place. hit upgrade it makes the noise but doesnt do anything. once in awhile it will fail (its at a 95% chance) ive already lost 3 wards. what i mean is if you spam the upgrade button every 10 times or so of just making the noise, it will fail and a ward will be deducted. i only did that 3 times. thank you.

Comments

• Options
    riddler81#1437 riddler81 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Are you using your mask from a previous year's event or a fresh one picked up yesterday/today?
  • Options
    grendlerose#7658 grendlerose Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    one from last year, i never refined it last year.
  • Options
    riddler81#1437 riddler81 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Not 100% but that might be the reason. I had an Epic Mask rank 88 or so from last year that I couldn't refine. It said it needed negative ~1mil refinement to cap. I sadly dropped it and started over and have had no issues.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    i got it from green to blue no problem, now its stuck on blue.

*edit for spelling mistake.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm forwarding this to the dev team for further investigation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    thank you kindly.
  • Options
    newbkill3r#6892 newbkill3r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue. It's the original mask from the first time the event came around. Either nothing happens or the preview slot that should display the item at legendary is empty. It also randomly consumes a preservation ward. Mine states 90% success rate and on a different character the same item stated a 10% success rate, also to upgrade to legendary. And it took 17 wards but it did upgrade. That character also had the mask from the first time the event came around.
  • Options
    sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I had a similar issue issue ... old mask, negative RP but success rate was 10% (didn't try with a different char) I had to use almost 30 wards to refine it and I got a level 99 (??) Legendary item.
    I was a bit concerned by the fact that the mask could/should be refined again to level 100 anyway it seems like it can be used to get the emp. one