test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest: kill or treat

This quest doesn't seem to be dropping any treats while wearing the mask of roots. Kind of game breaking if it is broken.So far I've tried the stronghold, barovia, soshenstar river and omu nothing working. No treats are dropping.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

This quest doesn't seem to be dropping any treats while wearing the mask of roots. Kind of game breaking if it is broken.So far I've tried the stronghold, barovia, soshenstar river and omu nothing working. No treats are dropping.

The drop rate is very low, seems to about 1 per 30 to 50 kills. That's for the toil and trouble mask.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yes, the one thing I was thinking the Halloween event was missing was a quest that revolved around some bad RNG. Drop rate is pretty bad (I went toil and trouble). I know someone that went 3 hours without getting a single treat which is just ridiculous. Needless to say he stopped trying.

Seriously, what's the point of this quest. The reward is the same thing I would get from walking around PE handing out liars charms... a bag of illusionist charms. Seems like a pointless quest to try to farm. But I guess it's just another way to discourage heavy farming.

I don't know how many kills I had but I was running all over Omu killing nonstop over the course of 45 minutes. I was able to get 6 treats. You need 50. At that rate it would take me 8-9 hours to complete this quest once.

Also, the empowered mask looks like a nice option but we're really supposed to upgrade the trashy old Illusionists mask to legendary in order to get the new mask.

Why not just have the new mask available for either trade or straight purchase through the vendor? It seems like a silly way to remove the old worthless artifacts from the game if that's the plan. Most people probably threw them out ages ago anyway.

The event was definitely stale and I was really looking forward to seeing the new changes. So far they've been nothing but a huge letdown and I'm not sure you've made something better. Just mildly different with an addition of RNG and more grind than before.

Yes, the one thing I was thinking the Halloween event was missing was a quest that revolved around some bad RNG. Drop rate is pretty bad (I went toil and trouble). I know someone that went 3 hours without getting a single treat which is just ridiculous. Needless to say he stopped trying.

Seriously, what's the point of this quest. The reward is the same thing I would get from walking around PE handing out liars charms... a bag of illusionist charms. Seems like a pointless quest to try to farm. But I guess it's just another way to discourage heavy farming.

I don't know how many kills I had but I was running all over Omu killing nonstop over the course of 45 minutes. I was able to get 6 treats. You need 50. At that rate it would take me 8-9 hours to complete this quest once.

Also, the empowered mask looks like a nice option but we're really supposed to upgrade the trashy old Illusionists mask to legendary in order to get the new mask.

Just wanted to point out that except for the wards (Took 33 at 10% for me, bad RNG today), it costs relatively little RP to upgrade. The mask is perfect for a DC, so I've already upgraded my old one. It was already in the 80's I think from previous years. Now, I just need 625 more tokens.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are looking into the drop rates for the treats.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

They are looking into the drop rates for the treats.

That's good news. For a daily, it seems to be off by a factor of 10. Possibly a misplaced decimal point.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Just wanted to point out that except for the wards (Took 33 at 10% for me, bad RNG today), it costs relatively little RP to upgrade. The mask is perfect for a DC, so I've already upgraded my old one. It was already in the 80's I think from previous years. Now, I just need 625 more tokens.

33 pres for 10% is really not terrible. Not optimal but not terrible. I've known people that have had to burn through way more than that to flip a 10%. So no, it's hardly worth playing RNG to flip an artifact just to turn it in and have to use more pres wards to flip an artifact again. It's like you're using the twice the pres to get the same item.

At least if you're replacing another artifact you will either still have the old artifact or be able to use it to gain RP. Here you're basically using your materials up to buy something you'll have to start from scratch.

And it's a nice piece for a DC or OP but as I stated elsewhere it's not like there aren't other options that fill the same stats outside of AP gain. It's not a make or break piece of EQ at endgame so it hardly seems worth the grind for me.

Others will feel differently and that is their right.