test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maquerade teams are player limited? drop rate for sweet treats is too low? why?

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
@nitocris83 @asterdahl @terramak lots of alliance players cant join same team as other alliance players, we all decided to join one team but seems the number of players is limited per team any fixes for this, and why is the drop rate for sweet treats is so low, im at 7/50 to complete quest this is outrages, did you the same drop chance as ues?? please we need some updates.

Comments

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just did 5 HE's, killed a bunch of groups in my SH and got 2, this will take 2 weeks just to get 50 at this rate
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@nitocris83 @asterdahl @terramak lots of alliance players cant join same team as other alliance players, we all decided to join one team but seems the number of players is limited per team any fixes for this, and why is the drop rate for sweet treats is so low, im at 7/50 to complete quest this is outrages, did you the same drop chance as ues?? please we need some updates.

really hope this is a bug because my alliance was hoping to play on the same side...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    seeems player wait a little bit they can enter same team, but the drop rate of sweet treats is to low to complete the quest in same day
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

seeems player wait a little bit they can enter same team, but the drop rate of sweet treats is to low to complete the quest in same day

Just to add, it's the same drop rate on Xbox. Somewhere in the 1 per 30-50 mob range. So, will take between 1500 and 2500 kills. I'm up to 3.
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    On PS4. Did influence run, arcane reservoir, 3 heroic encounters in each Elemental Evil area and have got 5/50 Sweet Treats
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Considering that the reward is one bag of goods, the same one you get from giving one treat in PE, maybe those quests are not meant to be completed daily unless you are really dedicated. The important quests to get the mask refinement material is reasonably fast to do even on multiple toons. The only thing I don't like about it is if something comes up in the next two weeks and I miss a day, then I am HAMSTER.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Drop rate is so ridiculous for the tasty treats for Kill or Treat that one is just not worth doing. caluations if there is only 5 daily quests. with the one unable to really do realistically because of the poor droprate. not without a long hassle. Nine Days, to get to 35, unless they have other quests that are open at a later time. My guess its just the 5 daily ones. With the Kill or Treat, it would take seven days, a week if the drop rate was reasonable. But because it isn't it will take nine days without completing kill or treat.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Wait.....
    Kill Or Treat is a DAILY?!?!?
    I assumed that it was a weekly.
    I've spent most of a miserable flu day playing most of the day.
    I've managed 26 so far.
    I thought I was way ahead for the week.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    I've found out that you can use your other characters for the dailies so you can get it unlocked in one day if your committed. And have more then one character.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Perhaps we can get some guidance: @Staff: Is this meant as a daily or a weekly?
    (Or a maybe you complete it, maybe you don't / meh?)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

I've found out that you can use your other characters for the dailies so you can get it unlocked in one day if your committed. And have more then one character.

NICE!!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    it didnt say anything about weekly, @nitocris83 we need info about this, i guess not worth doing this stupid contest at all with this drop rate for it to complete a quest for x/50, please some update before day reset would be nice feels more like a scam for players to fail, more info please from community manager.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Actually I was expecting to see some sort of load-leveling for the teams similar to how you can't have a huge imbalance of Ten-Towns vs. Arcane Brotherhood in Icewind Dale.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I though Kill or Treat was supposed to be a daily. At this rate, I won't even be able to get one round done. NO DROPS for me yet. Also, I need two sashes for my two casters. None as yet. Seems the drop rates on all the items associated with this event require a little tweaking.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    The drop rate would be ok if the "50" was a bug and meant to be "5" only as for the other dailies... If all is WAI, I won't bother completing that quest. But then, I do not expect any answers from CM or Devs on this topic.

I though Kill or Treat was supposed to be a daily. At this rate, I won't even be able to get one round done. NO DROPS for me yet. Also, I need two sashes for my two casters. None as yet. Seems the drop rates on all the items associated with this event require a little tweaking.

They drop, but it's a slow trickle. Grinding all of my Soshehstar weeklies and River District dailies on one alt netted me 8 treats. Extrapolate it and I'd be looking at 6 days to complete it. I think I'd want more than just a single illusionist's bag for that kind of effort, more so since I'd have to be fighting gimped the whole time with that mask on instead of with normal head armor.
  • rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Maybe the elusive witch's sash is in that one illusionist's bag! LOL

EDITED to add: Yesterday I was having really good drops in Sharandar! In the Realm of Malabog I got 14 drops in about 40 minutes. The more enemies I rounded up, the better the drop.
    Post edited by rustyroo13#1749 on
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I have carefully kept track of the drop for the sweet treats x/50 and the zone bugaboos you have to interact to get 5/5.

Bugaboos:I was in Konig and got the "trick" 9 times in a row, got so fed up I logged to character screen and back and got the next 3 treats in a row. I have had this happen on my alts as well, get in a"trick" rut I stop at 5 fails with them, fix it by logging and back and it seems to reset the counter. It appears to me to be part of the (drop loot choke down timer) that happens lowering your loot when you kill mobs too fast.

Sweet treats: I kept track on main and alts where I stood on treats post play. Main:played 2 hrs. with mostly hard core killing of lvl appropriate mobs, got 4/50. Alts: (3 played 90 min ea) post play with mostly hard core killing with lvl appropriate mobs all three has 3/50. That is too coincidental to be 3x 3/5 on 90 min play and 4/50 for 120 min. play. That works to be 1 every 30 min. at that drop rate it would take 25hr of constant play to get 50/50.

As it is a "daily" and there is only 24 hrs in a day....25 hour completion seems to belay it being a "daily". It is the "daily" of the 5 tasks that is most suited for a group to participate..if it's not working?....well you get it. Yes, you can get the contest event done in time doing 4 dailies with one toon playing EVERY day, best not miss a day though. Yes, it counts account wide towards the threshold needed to gain the promised threshold reward so alts throwing in helps....but it would go just a bit faster if you could achieve 5 in a day rather than 4 as advertised.....

Maybe is that sash was in the reward, I would be able to work up a modicum of enthusiasm to kill myself time wise, to even try without my normal advantage of a good head slot adds, but as its a ordinary treat bag, I can't be bothered to give out the effort. I'll play an alt. Just feel bad for those starting out without alts. Play EVERY day is all I can say.

My take on it all is, as usual Cryptics much cursed RNG seems to have infested and cursed Halloween as well.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ps4'er here....... since start ive gotten total 18 treats farmin different areas ranging from the sh influ runs to barovia the batri camp dread ring an icewindale totaling now abt 7 hrs total farmin..... i wont b completeing this quest idc if it is a quest ur supposed to do to get ur team cred to try an win this stupid event,,,,,,, an a quest that gets u the min so that if ur team does win u get the free mask,
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The drop rates for the treats are being looked into. Keep an eye on the forums for more information Soon™.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wreavis25wreavis25 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It figures the drop rates for treats is being looked into after I completed the quest 3 times:) I parked my 16.8 DO in an empty level 64 instance and killed so many redcaps that I found out that f. concoctions stack to 999. It took about 4 hours the first day, two hours the second, and 3 hours today. Each time I finished with about 50% more charms than treats. The drop rate isn't realistic for most people.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    wreavis25 said:

It figures the drop rates for treats is being looked into after I completed the quest 3 times:) I parked my 16.8 DO in an empty level 64 instance and killed so many redcaps that I found out that f. concoctions stack to 999. It took about 4 hours the first day, two hours the second, and 3 hours today. Each time I finished with about 50% more charms than treats. The drop rate isn't realistic for most people.

This is being fixed tomorrow on all platforms.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

wreavis25 said:

The redcap population is breathing a deep sigh of relief:)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

wreavis25 said:

Nice one - but really omg an event that is launched with an unrealistically low drop rate of items needed to complete... its a bit shocking really is it not?
  • baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    This is so HAMSTER stupid over 220 pinats and still no sash, I really feel pissed off
    edited October 2018
    wreavis25 said:

kreatyve said:

wreavis25 said:

*Makes some more R14 Indomitable Runestones to hand out to the Dark Fey*

Pini

I'll show him. Terrorizing poor redcaps... :naughty:
    hustin1 said:

wreavis25 said:

kreatyve said:

wreavis25 said:

*Makes some more R14 Indomitable Runestones to hand out to the Dark Fey*

Pini

I'll show him. Terrorizing poor redcaps... :naughty:
    rotflmao:) Warning noted.