test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

explain to me the 30 minute ban process from dropping MPF not a random

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
So, I pick to run MPF for the rewards in Chult, party launches, everyone is there, then before we start the DC drops. can't vote kick because not 15 minutes, so I leave. Again, not a random for me, I chose to leave and get an account wide 30 minute ban, but the DC who drops and doesn't come back or changes characters gets away without penalty. Anyone else feel like that is total BS.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Because the leaver penalty is tied to leaving an instance with a full party. While the DC is disconnected they are still considered to be in the instance and in the party until the game removes them. So you left, you got the penalty.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Leaver penalty is based on being in the Public Queue. It's not specifically tied to Random Queue. You get it when you leave a full party as said above, but the DC would also get it if they logged onto another char while still tied to that queue. Switching to a different character should now instantly remove the offender from the queue and give them the penalty.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    there should be a lesser than 15 minute wait to kick, especially since it was BEFORE the dungeon started.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Kick timer should be 5 minutes. Vote abandon timer is 15 minutes.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2018

So, I pick to run MPF for the rewards in Chult, party launches, everyone is there, then before we start the DC drops. can't vote kick because not 15 minutes, so I leave. Again, not a random for me, I chose to leave and get an account wide 30 minute ban, but the DC who drops and doesn't come back or changes characters gets away without penalty. Anyone else feel like that is total BS.

Umm, how do you know the DC that left, didn't get a penalty?

Did they come back? Which makes this entire thread moot... or do you have some special way of knowing how other players are - or are not penalized?

Just wondering.

I think the "kick" timer is fine... perhaps the "disconnected" timer (for those players who are disconnected) should be shorter, but even the way it is I've never been in a group that was seriously hampered by one missing character - inconvenienced sure - but the two/four remaining characters were still able to complete the run without too much trouble and I suspect the same would apply for one person dropping out of a 25 member party, although it's never happened to any 25 member party I've been in.