test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[ALL PLATFORMS] Exceptional maintenances

percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
edited October 2018 in News & Announcements
NOTE: The Masquerade of Liars event is extended to 2 weeks this year to mitigate the impact of the extended maintenance.

Greetings adventurers,

As you probably know, Perfect World is moving the servers since August, which means there are some extended maintenances for all games and we apologize for that. The fourth phase of servers relocation will start at the end of October, so all servers will be in maintenance at the following dates:

Tuesday, October 23
Xbox One/PlayStation®4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Wednesday, October 24
All Platforms 5-10:30am PT - Expected downtime of 5.5 hours (When is this for me?)

Tuesday, October 30
All Platforms 5-10:30am PT - Expected downtime of 4 hours (When is this for me?)

You can follow the progress of these maintenances on the official Twitter page or on the Discord server.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
Percemer
EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
----------
Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    where the server will be located? a better ping? is it an improvement to avoid lag? can we have more information about that?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @percemer

You mentioned this is phase 4. How many phases are there expected to be in the migration process? Will we be dealing with extended maintenances through the rest of the year? Into next year? Just curious.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    @devilxjk servers are moved but within the same building (another floor), so there will be no impact/change.
    During one of the phases, they also changed the data centers.

@ecrana#2080 I don't know but I think it will be finished soon. In any case, we will keep you informed as always.
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    lag problem does not end: S if it were possible server was in europe
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Oh boy, I hope people are a little more calm than last month.
  • djcaudill1#3914 djcaudill1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Idk if this is the best place to post this but I've had issues with "no shards available" for at least 72 hours on ps4. Would this have anything to do with it? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
    edited October 2018
    Updated for today maintenance on consoles:
    percemer said:

Tuesday, October 23
    Xbox One/PlayStation®4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Percemer
    ----------
  • jasper#4915 jasper Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Apparently today's maintenance have already been extended by 30 minutes in the client.
  • barigypsy#9585 barigypsy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    B)
    waiting
    shauna
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Consoles are up. PC maintenance has been extended by an additional 1.5 hours. Apologies for the delay.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited October 2018
    The maintenance is complete on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
    The maintenance on PC has been extended for 1,5 hour - ETA: 12:00pm PT / 21:00 CEST
    Percemer
    ----------
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Downtime now extended to 12PM Pacific (from 10:30AM Pacific, originally). Figures.
  • Thank you so much for extending the event a whole week for less then a dozen lost hours. Super kind. It is very hard to get a certain sash to drop so I probably would have needed the time anyway. Terrible luck you see. ;)
  • ebbpp#3533 ebbpp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This will be some waiting on PC. Btw. also please look into Illusionists, it is almost impossible to get to them during this event. Maybe provide them also on other locations? Or decrease refreshing times?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Brilliant, I go on holiday half an hour before the new server uptime, server went down early too, I'm now going to be screwed out of a load of things I now don't have time to sort out before the new module.
    Have any of this scheduled exceptional maintenance ended on the actual schedule for PC? Guessed so, I didn't have much of a hope for this one either.
  • angel#1245 angel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I cant login :'( and still said server down
  • porchmonkie1219porchmonkie1219 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    new mod isnt until november 6th u got time :P
  • skyshadow#1808 skyshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    oh...no...notice is not notice
  • skyshadow#1808 skyshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I do not know why notice schedules if I will not keep it.
    It is not already notice
  • wismal#7377 wismal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Drop rate on everything in this game is ridiculous. I understand the extended maintenance delays (HAMSTER happens) best layed plans can always run into a hiccup. Did security systems and network systems for a number of years,you can never plan for everything.

Edited by moderation
    Post edited by percemer on
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    [SNIP]We will be performing shard maintenance on October 24 from 5-12:00 PM Pacific (12:00-17:00 UTC)[/SNIP]

From launcher ... BUT 12:00 pm pacific (-07:00 to UTC) IS 19:00 UTC
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @nitocris83 Anything you can do to help out people who are doing crafting for their guild before the new update comes out? These downtimes are costing me 3400 to 5100 Labor, 104 to 156 AD, 19040 to 28560 surplus equipment, and 9360 to 14040 gems per event. That's not to mention the fact that my recruiter and production structures are all full and unable to be tended, which means these events are costing me in terms of lost influence and lost wood, food, metal, and stone.

EDIT: And it's going to cost me even more than the listed values if this goes longer than 12PM Pacific!
    edited October 2018

Drop rate on everything in this game is ridiculous. I will continue to play as i have 308 ViP 12 days left,but will not be buying anymore zen unless the incentive to do so changes drasticly. I understand the extended maintenance delays (HAMSTER happens) best layed plans can always run into a hiccup. Did security systems and network systems for a number of years,you can never plan for everything.

HAMSTER went down big time for every maintenance. I'm not saying they're a bad company and they don't deserve the zen, but damn, they gotta get their HAMSTER together.

edit: for typo;
  • angel#1245 angel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    can someone tells me how long still ? :/
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Roughly one hour according to the latest news, but that doesnt has to mean anything.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

new mod isnt until november 6th u got time :P

Not if you don't get back from holiday till shortly before that you haven't
  • my7hicalevil#9393 my7hicalevil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just started the game this morning . Is this a regular occurrence?