test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tarmalune Trade Bars

How come the game lets you buy a legacy weapon for a different class and then have it bind on character? Can't even salvage it.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

How come the game lets you buy a legacy weapon for a different class and then have it bind on character? Can't even salvage it.

As far as I know, the only ones that behave as you described are the Transmute skins. The real weapons and equipment are all salvageable and most bind on account and a few bind on equip. So if you don't buy the transmutes, you should be fine.
  • Options
    sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

As far as I know, the only ones that behave as you described are the Transmute skins. The real weapons and equipment are all salvageable and most bind on account and a few bind on equip. So if you don't buy the transmutes, you should be fine.
    I've bought a Sinister Pole using my CW and was planning on giving it to my GWF. Didn't notice the BTC since it wouldn't make sense to BTC a other class items which was also non-salvageable. It seems pointless imo to BTC it when it's only purpose it for transmute, should be BTA
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Weirdly enough since i saw this thread.... i went an checked it out an sure enough its btc not bta even if u buy on another character (i was on my gwf checking it out for my cw when it said sinister tome was btc not bta)..... Prior tp this thread... i nvr paid attention to it .... but never bought it either lol......an yes this is in the tarmalunbe trade bar merchant
  • Options
    harleyman#5848 harleyman Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just transfer trade bars in the shared bank if you want an item on another character. You have to transfer currency/item either way
  • Options
    sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Just transfer trade bars in the shared bank if you want an item on another character. You have to transfer currency/item either way

Will start doing that in the future. Was more concerned about why lets you buy an item when you can't transfer/salvage/use, seems like it wasn't thought of well.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Will start doing that in the future. Was more concerned about why lets you buy an item when you can't transfer/salvage/use, seems like it wasn't thought of well.
    I don't know, it seems ok to me. When you look at what other classes could get, it makes sense to me that the bound status for those classes applies to it no matter how viewed. Otherwise, you could get around the bound status the Devs want by buying with a different class.