test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ATTENTION PLAYERS: Don't do Chapter 3: Going Undercover! Can't change back to original appearance!

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
What I wrote to support and also informing this community for a reason to not accept this quest step!

I'm just elaborating this case further to discuss something that wasn't addressed to be fixed. There are reasons why I'm reporting it, because number #1 it's a lost of money for the company (out of respect) and number #2 causes a problem that will make a player disappointed by losing their character creation that they started with.

I have the assumption belief that no one reported this glitch perhaps, because even though it gave an extra alternation makeover, players could change their appearance any time they want for free, because it's glitched as repeatable after the chapters questing! This chapter quest seems to be missed now these days so it's not reported as often and the developers patched the game with a temporary fix for the inconvenience from the past player base community uproar rather than fully fixing the problem later. Because I'm new, it just doesn't seem right that I chose something and I couldn't go back to my original appearance that I started with after the quest. I had a guild friend that never did these chapters quest before by testing it out for me to see if it's really glitched and he chose the same exact choice I took-'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance'. He also played through the quest chapters, stated it was in fact glitched, and wanted to see if it allowed to change back to original appearance after the quest chapters; nope. He also tested the theory by the other outcome 'Change appearance (optional)' and stated it didn't allow to be changed back to original appearance; testing the other way around to see if the outcomes got switched. So testing further, the outcome became more like no matter what choice, the result is never can change back to original appearance. It really seems that change appearance (optional) choice is more permanent route though, so I didn't select that choice. My guild friend was nice to enough to sacrifice his own appearance and he didn't mind to change his appearance anyways to test this out for me quickly, since because the extra alternation appearance makeover was given no matter what choice; he wanted to change his appearance slightly anyways. Even though if someone else reported this before and GM forgotten to pass bug/glitch information down to the developers, this quest needs to be fixed! Nothing has to be given for inconvenience, that's GM's decision, but I'm really disappointed on the result of this quest outcome that I lost my character creation! The game does have its bugs and it seems some of them are not fixed! I can get past something that needs to be fixed by the memory leaks bugs problem that causes crashes for the player every once in awhile, but this chapter 3: Going Undercover quest needs to get patched, because it seems major priority to make some random players really emotional by this outcome! I even announced in game of this major bug in ZONE CHAT and later had a PM discussion with someone that had the same problem weeks ago. They just never reported it, because they had an extra appearance alternation, like well I don't think there is much that any GM could do to fix it? I'm just disappointed, but I can't have anyone else going down the same path I did by not allowing to change back to original appearance after the questing. I think the issue needs to be addressed by continuing the quest as ALWAYS TEMPORARY CHANGE, goes back the alternation npc to CHANGE BACK TO ORIGINAL ALWAYS, and then still receives the extra alternation makeover BY ITEM ONLY (non-tradeable or tradeable-can be discarded). I don't know how this quest was planned by the developers, but it's glitched and awful MISLEADING! Please take this seriously as urgent, because I'm disappointed, and I believe anyone else would be the same! I really care that this needs to be fixed!

Comments

• mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Perhaps have a temporary item by giving a fashion slot mask and just gain appearance change for free (ITEM SCROLL ONLY!) after the quest to eliminate the issue of losing the character appearance that you started with.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVt4jjgr06s[/video]
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    You get two appearance change tokens. One to change and one to change back. Not understanding your issue with this.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Did he do the quest in between trying to change his appearance back?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited September 2018
    Yeah I know the player receives 2 appearance tokens (One for the quest)(One just because it was given for free no matter what choice). I can't change back to my original appearance after my choice, when I STRICTLY told it be temporary for the quest!

Choices are:

'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance'-Temporary as I looked at it

'Change appearance (optional)'-Permanent as it seems and perhaps not elaborated if it's the other way around. Though doesn't make sense, since it's not elaborated.

The alternation appearance NPC stated, "You received two free Appearance Change tokens. You may continue the quest without changing the appearance".

Meaning that what I chose was correct!

'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance' because I wanted temporary for the quest!

Since the chapter quest was repeatable, my guild friend tested both choices, and the both choices are the outcome of can't change back to original appearance.

The quest didn't allow me to change back to my appearance, after I disguised myself for the fun of this quest. Temporary Change!

I ELABORATED THAT ON THE FIRST POST @mebengalsfan and I'm sorry I didn't word it for understanding. It's not narrowed down and easily can be lost of mind I guess on the discussion of topic. I was really clear though.
    edited September 2018
    I strictly told it to do temporary!

'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance'

The player is given two appearance tokens

(one token for the quest)-temporary or permanent

(one token just because of quest)

My guild friend tested both ways since this chapter quest was repeatable and both choices didn't allow the appearance to be changed to the original appearance after the quest; just in case it got switched by temporary and permanent appearance change by the choices. It seems like this chapter quest was temporary fixed and the developers didn't fix the full problem of this bug, so it was given repeatable for the inconvenience of the quest. That's what I'm stating. Yet still, allowed the player to change appearance again, because the quest gave another appearance token for free. So the temporary fix was not necessary LOL by making the chapter quest repeatable! Something is not right! I wish I didn't have to start by scratch on my character again, which I'm very disappointed that is most likely the case? I just have to inform this BUG for any player that doesn't want to change their appearance permanently. I deserve an apology for the inconvenience at least by wording. It needs to be fixed! I don't want anyone to deal with the same bug!
    Post edited by mwk on
    See what I mean? The player couldn't change back. So this is a problem for everyone!

https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/98gxvj/question_about_cloaked_asc_tower_quest/
    edited September 2018

You get two appearance change tokens. One to change and one to change back. Not understanding your issue with this.

You state it as one token to change back? If that was the case, why was there two choices?

(one token for the quest)-temporary or permanent by choice

(one token just because of quest)
    edited September 2018
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5NdS_eyXWU[/video]

It was so late that night, I misheard. It should of played out like this PlayStation version.

Discussing it again with my guild friend it really seems that the chapter quest is repeatable for boons and EXP as what I read on the internet to clarify. However, it can glitch depending if 2nd appearance token that is given during the quest was not used. If the player uses the 2nd appearance token, it doesn't give the player any appearance tokens, even though it states it does, once replaying the chapter quest. If the player doesn't use the 2nd appearance token it allows the player to change the appearance anytime, once the player repeats or replays the quest. My guild friend is higher item level than me and he has tested it really quickly and concurs that it's a bit buggy.

'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance' is the choice I took and apparently it should of NOT took me to the appearance menu.

Hopefully the developers can fix this quest to prevent players from receiving appearance tokens, if the player doesn't use the 2nd token, and once the player repeats the quest.
    Post edited by mwk on
    edited September 2018
    Ok I'm not sure if the chapter quest can glitch depending if 2nd appearance token that is given during the quest was not used allowing for infinite tokens? Though what my friend was telling me it seems like it could be possible that it might? Having
    an integrity as a player, I wanted to inform this just in case. It might of glitched by giving a 3rd token, since the 2nd token was not used, and repeating the chapter quest again according from my friend. He can't really remember, but he had the same glitch by selecting the 'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance' taking him to the appearance change menu, which it shouldn't have, and caused a complete appearance lost for any player to try to create their appearance from scratch again.

However, I know for a fact that once I clicked 'Complete quest step and continue WITHOUT changing the appearance' and I'm 100 % sure that I clicked it, because it was highlighted! That's a glitch that should of not happened taking me to the appearance customize menu! I used my second token and it was hard to recreate my character that I started with. I seriously felt like I lost everything, because any player will feel bothered by looking at something they didn't start with by appearance and gotten so far in the game; level 70. I have the aspect of what I need to fix on my character now, but the lighting is different; a bit darker to look at during creation. Typically when I start games I make sure my character looks the way I want. Fixing errors typically take 1-2x to get it right for me if I get far in game and realize something I want to change. I take screenshots of areas on sliders to possibly change.

I had an instance of eye angle and accidental nose bend on MMO that I played. It wasn't a big deal, since it was easier to obtain some makeovers from an event by selling swimwear and some other items. I was a veteran in the game, so I had a lot of character slots. Anyways losing my character with this glitch feels a bit different, so it would be nice if I got 1-2 makeover tokens to try to fix my character to something close to what I started with. I'm just disappointed that a glitch just ruined my character appearance.