test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Feedback: Damnation SW's perspective

ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Damnation is now an officially usable DPS featpath in Neverwinter pve. Never thought I'd see the day.

But in PvP there are a couple of none intrusive balance changes that need to happen to help smooth the class out.

Firstly the power Hadar's Grasp is still too cluncky in PvP. It often gets cancelled by the shadow slipping and ends up not getting cast. It's only by a fraction of a second though. So I think if the initial delay of the animation, looks like a build up, was cut by 0.25-0.5 seconds that would entirely fix the usability of that power and make SW as a whole much more capable of keeping up with the fast gameplay action that occurs in PvP.

Secondly, the Soul Puppet seems to get confused sometimes when fighting in PvP (1v1). For periods of about 5seconds during a 1 on 1 fight the soul puppet simply stands still and takes a breather before returning to the SW then to attack the enemy. More than anything else it's very distracting. Another issue with the soul puppet is when it stands in the way of the opponent blocking the SW's lock on abilities from "seeing" the enemy which results in stamina consumption in moving to a better location to resume attacking. Butterfly effect here, but the more stamina you consume the less able you are to dodge attacks and with the Soul Puppet standing still somewhere you're suddenly very vulnerable and this is heavily exploitable by GF and GWF in the current PvP meta.

Whilst we're on the topic of the Soul Puppet I have actually some questions regarding Armour Penetration for any developer who could tell me.
Does the soul puppet get the SW's Armour Penetration/resistance ignored? By the 1.5-2k damage the soul puppet is doing I'm going to assume it doesn't currently benefit from that. Really it should it would expand the DPS potential in PvP quite a lot and PvE as well. Something worth looking into.

Back to encounter powers though: Infernal Spheres... my one true love.
Uh no. But this power could be if it wasn't soooooo clunky. Same issue as Hadar's Grasp the initial wind up ticks in the animation cause it to almost never get cast in PvP mid-match. Fixing this would go a very very very long way to helping SW's mitigate more damage as when this power does finally cast (After you've consumed more stamina to fly away far enough for some 5 second ish cast time) it works very well.

Other than that combat advantage doesn't give any damage bonus but I think there's already been a bug report for that.
And shadowslip itself is pretty toxic. Clunky, always has been, gets stuck at zero stamina still. Consumes way too much stamina when using it in brief spells. As in "I moved less than 5ft twice and now half my stamina is gone". But pretty sure that's another bug already reported.

How are you other Damnation SWs fairing?
Post edited by ibz4ez#9773 on