test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Permanent Shirt on Avatar

hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
My Hunter Sunni cannot seem to remove her long sleeved full-coverage shirt and strip down to her bra. The biggest problem is that now her armor looks wrong with all the brown showing where flesh should be showing. The shirt itself is supposedly capable of "enabling or disabling" visual but that no longer works. I have also removed all her equipment and costuming and she still keeps the shirt on. Anyone else ever have a problem similar to this?

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You have a forum join date of 2013, so I am going to assume that your character was created prior to mod 3 or 4 when they changed the character models AND that sometime recently, you used a change appearance token. If this is isn't the case, you have a new bug.

Assuming that this is true, the glitched shirt is because you modified the appearance of your character using the old look as your starting point. Unfortunately, if you do not select a preset appearance first and modify from that point, you will be stuck with the shirt. This is easy enough to verify as you can take an old character, remove the clothing on their upper torso (fashion is quick to do this with) and visit the Alteration Wizard. The UI will show you with the shirt until you select a preset.

The only fix is to redo the appearance change and select a preset first. As said above, use the fashion tab appearance with no items equipped and you will see the shirt go away as soon as you select a preset appearance. Remake your look from that point.

If you haven't used them, the Cloaked Ascendancy questline give 2 change tokens. Otherwise, you have to buy one to fix this.

This bug has been in effect at least since last Summer, probably longer.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Thank you so much for this informative post.

The shirt became permanent when I changed my armor to the Vistani one (The Raven's Coat) and then "changed its appearance" back to my former look Tunic of the Thayan Servitor dyed with Winterwolf dye.

Sometime last year I did do an 'appearance change' (my hair) at the Alteration Wizard which is the appearance change you are referring to. As I do better with understanding what I need to do by doing it as I read, I will visit an Alteration Wizard and walk myself through what you have said. Hopefully I will get things right and the problem will be solved. I will revisit this post and let you know how I fared in my endevours.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Just remember to go in dressed in such a way that the shirt is visible so that you can confirm that it is gone before you save the changes and use your token.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    My dear PItshade you are a wonderful teacher. I did exactly as you said I should do...your instructions were very easy to follow and I am my old self once again with flesh showing instead of cheap brown cloth!!!

As I have a ticket going on this issue, I will share your information with the GMs, etc. so they know what to do if someone else has the problem.

Thank you so very much. Always nice to meet people who are knowledgable.

Have a great day.

Sunni the Hunter