What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M15: Control Wizard Class Changes

Comments

• Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2018

If there's any CW I trust it's @itbls. Which path would be best for DPS now? Now that shatterstrike seems to be ded

I'd say Renegade with a mix of Thaumaturge just because Uncontrolled Obliteration. The thing is its hard to stack chill and arcane at the same time with renegade build. So you really have to be good with cw on timing your encounters, smashing your keyboards buttons randomly is not an option now. Here is to hoping they buff Assailant... its sad that our capstones are bad for dps compare to other classes.
  • Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > The best MoF is at the moment
    >
    > Although I agree with you that CW needs proper buffs as that would be the best case scenario for US, the problem is also that classes call for buffs in order to be competitive. And that creates more buffs, more power shares, more debuffs, more this and that, and soon enough you will have content itself going crazy bad. Instead of simply call for more and more, perhaps other outshining aspects need to be toned down, like GWF who is desperately singing Opera De Le Nerf a la SureStrikĕ.
    >
    > Weapon Damage itself needs to be properly balanced, too. The mere 20 points in Weapon Damage can create a huge disparity not only among the weapon damage itself, weapon enchantments, but also encounter powers.
    >
    > More damage + Melee = Less attack speed.
    > Less damage + Ranged = More attack speed.
    > Higher damage casting = Slower Casting, bigger radius.
    > Smaller damage casting = Faster Casting, smaller radius.
    >
    > That's the holy grail of fundamental class balance. Buto ne class goes crazy and doesn't respect those rules, and that's GWF.
    >
    > Normally I wouldn't have problem with it, as I didn't have problem with it for a long time, figuring that as it is a NORMAL thing to see such an obvious mistake in power dealings and given that multiproc was a thing of the past, now I see it's not really changing and I can't help but to wonder - why? Aside with CW's being broken and constantly suffering non-intentional nerfs to multiproc, why can't TRs skills of AT-will also do the same like GWF skills? If anything, TR should attack way faster due to weapon damage being halved in two and procing only once on initial hit. And the only and solitary logical explanation is that devs forgot or skipped over this extremely important fact of GWF's being able to SureStrike their way into victory in any case scenario and outshine, by far, all other classes in terms of raw use of Weapon Enchantments themselves. And that is a big problem, right? One class can use so many weapon enchants without any effort, whilst others can't and are, well, lagging behind in everything. When I spoke about that recently in GWF thread I got pitches and forks because some of them can't understand why their class is overperforming which creates unfairness simply because of an oversight, possibly by developers.
    > And as time goes by I do wonder - wtf? Just simple, daily and decent ---> WTF. Developers here simply made a terrible oversight, but I want it to turn into something POSITIVE because it opens the door to actually fixing the internal problems of weaker classes.
    >
    > From my perspective
    >
    > 1. Sure Strike only activates Weapon Enchantment power on first strike only, or hits way, way slower than it hits now. At least 5 sec between each hit, 3 during Berserker and receive feat changes to utilize different weapon enchantments according to the desired playstyle. Want Radiant? Play tanky, get a +10% buff against undeads for 4-5-6 sec after 3 succes hits. Want lightning? Play aggressive and chain as many enemies at once to receive a +5% buff against all types for 8-9-10 sec (except Lycanthropes). Want fire? Use AoE at-wills and skills to increase each burning case scenario. After three hits each next grants 1% more damage up to 15% more damage party wide for 1-2-3 sec. ITC 2 sec between hits. DoTs can't hit more than 15 enemies, but scale with other (de)buffs. There are SO MANY options to make GWF one of the best and fun to play classes in game that would require SKILL to play properly. Want tankier? Get bloody enchant. Doesn't work on Skellies! After each 3 hits get 2.5% increased life-steal and 1% life-steal severity. Each 1000 points in Defense increase this by additional 1.5% for LS and 0.5% for LSS. Additionally, you make living creatures bleed, decreasing their movement by 25%. Control immune targets instead get 5% increased damage for 3-4-5 sec. It would be glorious!
    > 2. CW gets a huge buff (100% Crit Severity as Sharpedge proposed instead of EotS granting 100% Critical Strike).
    >
    >
    > And funny thing is that simple animation fix can really improve this problem, without even changing the weapon damage for GWFs. And if that's not the case, then why can't Sure Strike also only hit on first strike instead of each subsequent hit? All of it makes no sense. If the class had weaker damage per weapon, like TR or HR, then it would make sense for their weapons to hit maybe twice or proc twice. Heck, even apply two different weapon enchantments to each slot and use Elemental stuff as a great way to boost their damaging properties. Whenever I play Dual Wielding classes in any game I almost always combine two different aspects to increase maximum potential. The only exception being Dragon's Dogma where I really needed that Holy dual weilding daggers for my Assassin class whenever I was playing against the Undead. Now that is a good way to balance out the weapon damage. More damage PER type of enemy. That alone creates diversity, would actually make each and every class to carry around several weapon enchantments and different damaging properties. But that might never happen here any further than having runeslots for armor and I'm not even sure those work as WAI tbh.
    >
    > And that's how the first at-wills were made back in the days. They had that figured out nicely and perhaps there were only needing some animation fixes, like checking that attack speed animation is perhaps 0.5, 0.6 sec faster or slower. And that alone creates a huge difference in actual combat and the way that the game functions.

This guy gets it and has covered pretty much everything on why GWF is way OP.
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    itbls said:

The thing is its hard to stack chill and arcane at the same time with renegade build.

It's why we really need an option to replace chilling presence for single target.
    A good option for all build (MoF and Spellstorm) would be to improve Arcane Presence like you suggested :
    itbls said:

Arcane Presence : Arcane Mastery now increase the damage of Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks by 1% per stack
    Suggestion: Make it increase the damage of Arcane attacks as well or change it to 1.5% per stack. Would make it easier to replace Chill Presence for Renegade builds because its harder for Renegade builds to stack chill.

And an other class feature that really need to change is Eye of the Storm
    This class feature was created with the old mod1-5 stats curve in mind => Impossibility to reach 100% critical chance

For this class feature I like the suggestion from @thefabricant:

6) Eye of the Storm: Rework this to give 100% critical severity while it is active, not 100% critical chance.

And if we really want to play Thaumaturge as DPS, we really need that Devs improve the feats of Thaumaturge :

I like your suggestions here:
    itbls said:

More Suggestions:
    "Assailant" Make it work with debuffs.
    "Ice Knife" lower the casting time, it takes way to long to cast right now.
    "Snap Freeze" Make it that it only works with only targets who are effect by chill. So pretty much vice versa.

I would like to add one that I did and modify the power that I suggested before:

Transcended Master: Replace Shard of Endless Avalanche by disintegrate Ice Knife, we need more single target damage and we don't have a feat that increase the damage of our dailies.

It seems appropriate that the thaumaturge path can have the possibility to increase the damage of our most powerful single target dailies.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    fns2005 said:

> @c1k4ml3kc3 said:

> The best MoF is at the moment

>

> Although I agree with you that CW needs proper buffs as that would be the best case scenario for US, the problem is also that classes call for buffs in order to be competitive. And that creates more buffs, more power shares, more debuffs, more this and that, and soon enough you will have content itself going crazy bad. Instead of simply call for more and more, perhaps other outshining aspects need to be toned down, like GWF who is desperately singing Opera De Le Nerf a la SureStrikĕ.

>

> Weapon Damage itself needs to be properly balanced, too. The mere 20 points in Weapon Damage can create a huge disparity not only among the weapon damage itself, weapon enchantments, but also encounter powers.

>

> More damage + Melee = Less attack speed.

> Less damage + Ranged = More attack speed.

> Higher damage casting = Slower Casting, bigger radius.

> Smaller damage casting = Faster Casting, smaller radius.

>

> That's the holy grail of fundamental class balance. Buto ne class goes crazy and doesn't respect those rules, and that's GWF.

>

> Normally I wouldn't have problem with it, as I didn't have problem with it for a long time, figuring that as it is a NORMAL thing to see such an obvious mistake in power dealings and given that multiproc was a thing of the past, now I see it's not really changing and I can't help but to wonder - why? Aside with CW's being broken and constantly suffering non-intentional nerfs to multiproc, why can't TRs skills of AT-will also do the same like GWF skills? If anything, TR should attack way faster due to weapon damage being halved in two and procing only once on initial hit. And the only and solitary logical explanation is that devs forgot or skipped over this extremely important fact of GWF's being able to SureStrike their way into victory in any case scenario and outshine, by far, all other classes in terms of raw use of Weapon Enchantments themselves. And that is a big problem, right? One class can use so many weapon enchants without any effort, whilst others can't and are, well, lagging behind in everything. When I spoke about that recently in GWF thread I got pitches and forks because some of them can't understand why their class is overperforming which creates unfairness simply because of an oversight, possibly by developers.

> And as time goes by I do wonder - wtf? Just simple, daily and decent ---> WTF. Developers here simply made a terrible oversight, but I want it to turn into something POSITIVE because it opens the door to actually fixing the internal problems of weaker classes.

>

> From my perspective

>

> 1. Sure Strike only activates Weapon Enchantment power on first strike only, or hits way, way slower than it hits now. At least 5 sec between each hit, 3 during Berserker and receive feat changes to utilize different weapon enchantments according to the desired playstyle. Want Radiant? Play tanky, get a +10% buff against undeads for 4-5-6 sec after 3 succes hits. Want lightning? Play aggressive and chain as many enemies at once to receive a +5% buff against all types for 8-9-10 sec (except Lycanthropes). Want fire? Use AoE at-wills and skills to increase each burning case scenario. After three hits each next grants 1% more damage up to 15% more damage party wide for 1-2-3 sec. ITC 2 sec between hits. DoTs can't hit more than 15 enemies, but scale with other (de)buffs. There are SO MANY options to make GWF one of the best and fun to play classes in game that would require SKILL to play properly. Want tankier? Get bloody enchant. Doesn't work on Skellies! After each 3 hits get 2.5% increased life-steal and 1% life-steal severity. Each 1000 points in Defense increase this by additional 1.5% for LS and 0.5% for LSS. Additionally, you make living creatures bleed, decreasing their movement by 25%. Control immune targets instead get 5% increased damage for 3-4-5 sec. It would be glorious!

> 2. CW gets a huge buff (100% Crit Severity as Sharpedge proposed instead of EotS granting 100% Critical Strike).

>

>

> And funny thing is that simple animation fix can really improve this problem, without even changing the weapon damage for GWFs. And if that's not the case, then why can't Sure Strike also only hit on first strike instead of each subsequent hit? All of it makes no sense. If the class had weaker damage per weapon, like TR or HR, then it would make sense for their weapons to hit maybe twice or proc twice. Heck, even apply two different weapon enchantments to each slot and use Elemental stuff as a great way to boost their damaging properties. Whenever I play Dual Wielding classes in any game I almost always combine two different aspects to increase maximum potential. The only exception being Dragon's Dogma where I really needed that Holy dual weilding daggers for my Assassin class whenever I was playing against the Undead. Now that is a good way to balance out the weapon damage. More damage PER type of enemy. That alone creates diversity, would actually make each and every class to carry around several weapon enchantments and different damaging properties. But that might never happen here any further than having runeslots for armor and I'm not even sure those work as WAI tbh.

>

> And that's how the first at-wills were made back in the days. They had that figured out nicely and perhaps there were only needing some animation fixes, like checking that attack speed animation is perhaps 0.5, 0.6 sec faster or slower. And that alone creates a huge difference in actual combat and the way that the game functions.

This guy gets it and has covered pretty much everything on why GWF is way OP.

No he just wants NWO to be NW tabletop online where CWs are what DCs are now - a must have since they're the biggest hitters. However this aint tabletop, buddy.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2018

itbls said:

The thing is its hard to stack chill and arcane at the same time with renegade build.

It's why we really need an option to replace chilling presence for single target.
    A good option for all build (MoF and Spellstorm) would be to improve Arcane Presence like you suggested :
    itbls said:

Arcane Presence : Arcane Mastery now increase the damage of Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks by 1% per stack
    Suggestion: Make it increase the damage of Arcane attacks as well or change it to 1.5% per stack. Would make it easier to replace Chill Presence for Renegade builds because its harder for Renegade builds to stack chill.

And an other class feature that really need to change is Eye of the Storm
    This class feature was created with the old mod1-5 stats curve in mind => Impossibility to reach 100% critical chance

For this class feature I like the suggestion from @thefabricant:

6) Eye of the Storm: Rework this to give 100% critical severity while it is active, not 100% critical chance.

And if we really want to play Thaumaturge as DPS, we really need that Devs improve the feats of Thaumaturge :

I like your suggestions here:
    itbls said:

More Suggestions:
    "Assailant" Make it work with debuffs.
    "Snap Freeze" Make it that it only works with only targets who are effect by chill. So pretty much vice versa.

I would like to add one that I did and modify the power that I suggested before:

Transcended Master: Replace Shard of Endless Avalanche by disintegrate Ice Knife, we need more single target damage and we don't have a feat that increase the damage of our dailies.

It seems appropriate that the thaumaturge path can have the possibility to increase the damage of our most powerful single target dailies.
    With the change on elemental reinforcement you are not forced to have fanning the flame or sudden storm for single target.
    That give space for another one encounter that add chill. For example if you have icy rays-chill strike-ice knife you will have the 6 chills you can play also the ray of frost if those are not enough and at the same time you can have 5 arcane stacks with roe and disintegrate.
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    > @mamalion1234 said:
    > With the change on elemental reinforcement you are not forced to have fanning the flame or sudden storm for single target.

Yeah but net dps seems inferior without FtF on single target so... Didn't really change a lot
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

With the change on elemental reinforcement you are not forced to have fanning the flame or sudden storm for single target.
    That give space for another one encounter that add chill. For example if you have icy rays-chill strike-ice knife you will have the 6 chills you can play also the ray of frost if those are not enough and at the same time you can have 5 arcane stacks with roe and disintegrate.

You are right that the change to Elemental Reinforcement is good because we have more choice to maintain 3 stacks and I like that we can now apply smolder with fanning the flame on main target without using scorching burst, That can be a way to use Magic missile and Ray of Frost to help with maintaining Arcane stack and Chill stack.

My point was mostly to highlight the fact that one of the goal of the rework is to have the possibility to use other class feature and use a build that do not require to focus on chill stack.

And to really achieve this goal we need a little improvement to other class feature like Arcane presence, Eye of the storm for Spellstorm and maybe Critical Conflagration for MoF.

I think (I have not tested a lot) it will be "viable" to not have chilling presence for AoE loadout. But for Single target load-out we need improvement for other class feature to have an approximately equal choice.

The problem of Arcane presence is you don't increase damage of your arcane powers, while chilling presence increase damage of all your powers. The cool down reduction of your encounter can be "the special effect" that compare to the double your damage on frozen target. It's a little weird that Arcane presence doesn't increase the damage of Arcane powers, or maybe add an other thing.

An other good suggestion from @thefabricant is to add damage to arcane power and add a %chance to add arcane stack with cold, fire and lightning powers:

2) Arcane Presence: This class feature still suffers from the downfall where, in order to build Arcane Stacks, you first need to use Arcane Powers. Suggestion: While this is slotted, your non arcane encounters have a 50% chance to generate Arcane Stacks on use. In addition, your Arcane Powers receive 1/4 to 1/2 the benefit of the buff that is being given to other powers.

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @c1k4ml3kc3 Can't really disagree with what has been said, when lightning was nerfed on CW, but remain unharmed on GWF it was a clear middle finger for us and not at all fitting with the "powers should only proc once". But the problems you are presenting is an oversight issues and they don't seem to do anything about it (by looking at the other balance topics).

Btw as we reaching 10 pages of problems that needs to be adressed, a developer summary would be welcome, because I cannot say honestly that at least the half of these discussions aren't long running issues and cruical flaws on the Controll wizard class. I'm just guessing @noworries#8859 " because @balanced#2849 left, but unsure who needs to be pinged for.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

You are right that the change to Elemental Reinforcement is good because we have more choice to maintain 3 stacks and I like that we can now apply smolder with fanning the flame on main target without using scorching burst, That can be a way to use Magic missile and Ray of Frost to help with maintaining Arcane stack and Chill stack.

My point was mostly to highlight the fact that one of the goal of the rework is to have the possibility to use other class feature and use a build that do not require to focus on chill stack.

And to really achieve this goal we need a little improvement to other class feature like Arcane presence, Eye of the storm for Spellstorm and maybe Critical Conflagration for MoF.

I think (I have not tested a lot) it will be "viable" to not have chilling presence for AoE loadout. But for Single target load-out we need improvement for other class feature to have an approximately equal choice.

The problem of Arcane presence is you don't increase damage of your arcane powers, while chilling presence increase damage of all your powers. The cool down reduction of your encounter can be "the special effect" that compare to the double your damage on frozen target. It's a little weird that Arcane presence doesn't increase the damage of Arcane powers, or maybe add an other thing.

An other good suggestion from @thefabricant is to add damage to arcane power and add a %chance to add arcane stack with cold, fire and lightning powers:

2) Arcane Presence: This class feature still suffers from the downfall where, in order to build Arcane Stacks, you first need to use Arcane Powers. Suggestion: While this is slotted, your non arcane encounters have a 50% chance to generate Arcane Stacks on use. In addition, your Arcane Powers receive 1/4 to 1/2 the benefit of the buff that is being given to other powers.

OK but i like to see cw to time encounters than to be again smash buttons.
  • Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @theraxin#5169 said:
    > when lightning was nerfed on CW, but remain unharmed on GWF it was a clear middle finger for us and not at all fitting with the "powers should only proc once".

Yup
  • Options
    fns2005 said:

> @theraxin#5169 said:

> when lightning was nerfed on CW, but remain unharmed on GWF it was a clear middle finger for us and not at all fitting with the "powers should only proc once".

Yup

Nop.

The only power that has the potential to multiproc is Slam, and it doesn't. The HAMSTER ya lads even on about xd
  • Options
    edited October 2018

fns2005 said:

> @theraxin#5169 said:

Yup

Nop.

The only power that has the potential to multiproc is Slam, and it doesn't. The HAMSTER ya lads even on about xd
    IS the wrong word actually is fast proc aura of courage through sure strike because sure strike hit many times in a second while you are in unstopable. CW had 1 proc per tic which is 1 per second ....
  • Options

fns2005 said:

> @theraxin#5169 said:

Yup

Nop.

IS the wrong word actually is fast proc aura of courage through sure strike because sure strike hit many times in a second while you are in unstopable. CW had 1 proc per tic which is 1 per second ....
    That means it's WAI. We're not proccing 10 AoCs with one power. The fact that AoC is stupidly OP is another deal.
  • Options
    I always liked the way CW multiprocced things. It was an interesting gameplay imo.
    But it was part of the AoC abuse.
    It's way easier to balance it now that it procs only once / power.
    Now devs just have to do this for every power of every class.
    Actually the biggest problem right now is that we get this nerf without any compensation, as usual...
  • Options
    tenetomb said:

I always liked the way CW multiprocced things. It was an interesting gameplay imo.

But it was part of the AoC abuse.

It's way easier to balance it now that it procs only once / power.

Now devs just have to do this for every power of every class.

Actually the biggest problem right now is that we get this nerf without any compensation, as usual...

No class multiprocs AoC tho. However I'm all for reinstating multiprocs and nerfing AoC.
  • Options

No class multiprocs AoC tho. However I'm all for reinstating multiprocs and nerfing AoC.

Weapon master's strike still procs twice.
    Most of SW powers still proc a lot : Cursed Bite : twice, Harrowstorm : 7, Immolation Spirits : 32 (48 with Sparkbinder feat)... (Funny that SW now procs more AoC than a CW)
    TR and CW proc once/power.
    Don't know about HR.

I think they can't balance AoC while certain classes can proc it a lot more than others but please, nerf multiproc while giving something else in return to the classes who need it...
  • Options
    kantick#9978 kantick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    We have damage, but it's less than other classes. We have the support of the party, but other classes do it better. We have control, but there are no difficult places in the game where you need to control someone except bosses but they are immune to control. If CW is dd, so give us damage. Or tell us the CW is support, then there will be no more questions about the damage, but then give buffs. It's impossible to be a little bit of damage, a little bit of support, a little bit of healing, a little bit of something else. We are tired of waiting for the CW to finally be able to fight for first place.
    @nitocris83, you wrote that developers read everything and they care about the players, but we don't see any change for the better and there is no one message from devs about CW. Please ask them to tell us how in their opinion we should the compete in damage with GF, GWF, TR..?
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

No he just wants NWO to be NW tabletop online where CWs are what DCs are now - a must have since they're the biggest hitters. However this aint tabletop, buddy.

Tabletop... What if I told you that it actually does follow tabletop in terms of content created?

Whether you like it or not, Control Wizards need buffs and reworks and Great Weapon Fighters need to have Sure Strike toned down to the same level as other characters. It is only logical. Your pettiness in laughing to everything anyone has to say about GWF is proof enough of where you stand and as such I can't take you seriously.
    If you were voracious enough to actually understand and read through what I've been suggesting, you'd figure out that my schematics actually buff GWF by quite a bit in each and every scenario under the condition of SKILL requirement in terms of micro-management of the powers, feats et cetera. The changes I called for are Crazy Good for any class, let alone GWF, who'd only need to have Sure Strike disabled, yet receive a proper overhaul for Features which were never used. And all features would

a) Increase GWF damage properties depending upon the class of enemies, as this mechanic already exists.
    b) Increase team's damage properties regardless of the class of enemies, as this mechanic already exists.
    c) The above-mentioned features would constitute that GWF would be constantly called for in-parties and actually have a secure spot, whilst allowing people not to get bored of playing a class that holds a left mouse button for a prolonged periods of time.

Since you can't possibly understand that or lack voracity to do so thereof, I see no point in arguing with you on any topic. Everything I've written stands as logical and methodological, think of it as "thinking out loud" drafts, if you will.
    I'm telling you all of this because it is laughable to see just how gullible you really are to acknowledge everything I've written GWF-wise to the point of not being able to see anything past "reduce 10% Weapon damage OR something else", which is the sole reason of your petty acting on both topics.
    Since both pettiness as well as lack of understanding of what I actually proposed prevail in your writings, I leave you to your thoughts.
    In my defense of "wanting CW to be no1 dps", which I never asked for, in fact I personally hate Paingiver mentality to begin with, you are free to find where I asked for that either directly or indirectly? Don't just tell that, don't just blindly assume that, but actually prove that and I'd like to see such a thing so that I can actually correct myself or correct the way I've written it since English isn't my native language.
    - I called for CW's controlling abilities to finally be able to have a spotlight OR to remove them completely and give proportional benefits that other classes already enjoy.
    - I called for TR to get buffs and to de facto be Boss killers and to also have the biggest Critical Severity option.
    - I called for DCs to heal because I think that a Cleric should heal instead of buffing everyone with tens of thousands of Power which makes the game tremendously banal to even play.
    - I called for Paladins to have Aura of Courage severely toned down, as the skill is the best feature power in the game.
    - I called for 2 x DC + 2 x OP to simply stop, as well as the 4 Support 1 DPS meta to disappear. It's nigh time for that.
    - I called for Disintegrate, the hardest hitting CW Encounter, to have it's time increased by 2-3 seconds which translates to it having a lower DPS by average 20-30%, which is a huge thing for CW's overall damaging properties, especially in Boss-fights and against harder/tankier enemies.
    So, basically, I call for Control to be viable for CW. Control doesn't do anything in terms of damage. It just allows you to stay a bit more alive if it is with harder enemies given that you have some skill and knowledge of how to utilize it.
    I call for hardest hitting encounter to get practically nerfed [Disintegrate], yet you say I want CW to be DPS no1.
    I want that whoever makes DPS to actually be a skilled player, someone who can skillfully make a DPS character and utilize DPS to the fullest. I do not want that entirety of DPS is down to powershare, (de)buff values, 50% more damage Artifacts and the ability to hit like salad-chopper.
    In that regards the only skill you are required to have/possess, is the skill to get all the items. And that's it. Cast encounter, everything dies, move to next mob group, cast encounter, everything dies etc. No strategy, no fun, no skill... Anyone is Superman.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options

Tabletop... What if I told you that it actually does follow tabletop in terms of content created?

Whether you like it or not, Control Wizards need buffs and reworks and Great Weapon Fighters need to have Sure Strike toned down to the same level as other characters. It is only logical. Your pettiness in laughing to everything anyone has to say about GWF is proof enough of where you stand and as such I can't take you seriously.
    If you were voracious enough to actually understand and read through what I've been suggesting, you'd figure out that my schematics actually buff GWF by quite a bit in each and every scenario under the condition of SKILL requirement in terms of micro-management of the powers, feats et cetera. The changes I called for are Crazy Good for any class, let alone GWF, who'd only need to have Sure Strike disabled, yet receive a proper overhaul for Features which were never used. And all features would

a) Increase GWF damage properties depending upon the class of enemies, as this mechanic already exists.
    b) Increase team's damage properties regardless of the class of enemies, as this mechanic already exists.
    c) The above-mentioned features would constitute that GWF would be constantly called for in-parties and actually have a secure spot, whilst allowing people not to get bored of playing a class that holds a left mouse button for a prolonged periods of time.

Since you can't possibly understand that or lack voracity to do so thereof, I see no point in arguing with you on any topic. Everything I've written stands as logical and methodological, think of it as "thinking out loud" drafts, if you will.
    I'm telling you all of this because it is laughable to see just how gullible you really are to acknowledge everything I've written GWF-wise to the point of not being able to see anything past "reduce 10% Weapon damage OR something else", which is the sole reason of your petty acting on both topics.
    Since both pettiness as well as lack of understanding of what I actually proposed prevail in your writings, I leave you to your thoughts.
    In my defense of "wanting CW to be no1 dps", which I never asked for, in fact I personally hate Paingiver mentality to begin with, you are free to find where I asked for that either directly or indirectly? Don't just tell that, don't just blindly assume that, but actually prove that and I'd like to see such a thing so that I can actually correct myself or correct the way I've written it since English isn't my native language.
    - I called for CW's controlling abilities to finally be able to have a spotlight OR to remove them completely and give proportional benefits that other classes already enjoy.
    - I called for TR to get buffs and to de facto be Boss killers and to also have the biggest Critical Severity option.
    - I called for DCs to heal because I think that a Cleric should heal instead of buffing everyone with tens of thousands of Power which makes the game tremendously banal to even play.
    - I called for Paladins to have Aura of Courage severely toned down, as the skill is the best feature power in the game.
    - I called for 2 x DC + 2 x OP to simply stop, as well as the 4 Support 1 DPS meta to disappear. It's nigh time for that.
    - I called for Disintegrate, the hardest hitting CW Encounter, to have it's time increased by 2-3 seconds which translates to it having a lower DPS by average 20-30%, which is a huge thing for CW's overall damaging properties, especially in Boss-fights and against harder/tankier enemies.
    So, basically, I call for Control to be viable for CW. Control doesn't do anything in terms of damage. It just allows you to stay a bit more alive if it is with harder enemies given that you have some skill and knowledge of how to utilize it.
    I call for hardest hitting encounter to get practically nerfed [Disintegrate], yet you say I want CW to be DPS no1.
    I want that whoever makes DPS to actually be a skilled player, someone who can skillfully make a DPS character and utilize DPS to the fullest. I do not want that entirety of DPS is down to powershare, (de)buff values, 50% more damage Artifacts and the ability to hit like salad-chopper.
    In that regards the only skill you are required to have/possess, is the skill to get all the items. And that's it. Cast encounter, everything dies, move to next mob group, cast encounter, everything dies etc. No strategy, no fun, no skill... Anyone is Superman.
    Sure, in terms of content.

But it can't in terms of balance. The thing is, on the table top, the GFs/GWFs (aka barbarians or whatever), OPs - tanks in general stand in front and deflect attacks with sturdy parts of their faces, while CWs, SWs and ranged classes in general stand 50 meters back preparing OHKO spells for 50 turns.

That's not how it works on a video game bud. Game mechanics aside (buffing, maths, timing, live action rather than turn based...), you also have the other things that simply don't exist in tabletop, such as latency, hand to eye coordination and so on. That's why tabletop will NEVER be translated onto NWO unless NWO becomes simulated tabletop.

It's kinda ironic that you say that I'm petty about laughing at everyone suggesting GWF changes, while here in the real world I'm only laughing at you because... well, to put it politely, you're not the most informed person.
    Dude, you literally suggested sure strike to be toned down to hitting once every 3-5 seconds or something like that.
    Having sure strike disabled is like having TR's Stealth disabled, and replaced with nothing. Or CW's disintegrate. Or GF's GW. It's the bread and butter, and it's what the class is about, buddy.

Let's start from the top of the little list you made.

a) GWF increased effectiveness against certain types of enemies. That's stupid. If it's say, against undead, no one would EVER take any other DPS into CR, as every major enemy except for the 2nd boss are undead.
    b) Increase everyone's damage - so you're calling for an all-class buff, but just singling out GWF for a nerf? Even though current (M14) TRs are as good as GWF? Man, that really hides the bias there, good job.
    c) The above mentioned changes would kill the class. The only thing GWF has is DPS in PvE. In PvP they're right near the bottom. I kinda hate repeating myself, but "man, that really hides the bias there, good job".

"Everything I've written stands as logical and methodological" that's just something that would make the world's most humorless man HAMSTER his pants laughing, so I won't discuss you giving yourself a blowie.

What you called for is borderline insane and doesn't work in any form of video game.
    Control isn't viable for CW because, right now, the best "crowd control" is death, as IronZerg has taught us years ago when Vorpal was BiS for everyone.

Giving TRs lots of critsev is irrelevant because it doesn't scale well. Adding 50% critsev isn't nearly as good as giving them 20% more DPS outright, even though 50% critsev is roughly 20% DPS. Adding critsev would make future critsev/CA pets irrelevant.
    TRs right now (M14) don't need a buff as they were perfect the way they are, with the DPS king crown right on the top of their head. However, devs HAMSTER up and what else is there to say.

DCs healing is a good idea, sure, but enjoy scaling literally every dungeon down so it can be finished in a reasonable time because all of our current dungeons are scaled to our current buffs. So yeah, if you're willing to do all that work, go apply for working for Cryptic or whoever the HAMSTER developing the game now.

AoC nerf, sure. I think most people agree on that. Make it 50% of what it is now, and all's well. It's prolly gonna come at some point as TI has been viciously murdered as well (so much for "all paths being viable" though. Foss wants GF DPS to be a tank like GF is supposed to be, and then he makes DODC a better DPS than some DPS classes. Well played, yo)

2x DC and 2x OP meta? What? Maybe in 10 man dungeons, in private queues where one is devo and one is prot, but that's it. And it's 3x DC in that case, buuuuuut what do I know. And now that 2x DC in dungeons has been killed, wish granted.

Disintegrate should stay as it is as CWs are supposed to be ranged, hard hitting lads. Increase its damage by the same amount you increase its cooldown.

Control doesn't work. It can't work, except in cases where people would use repel to knock mobs off the platform or something. But as I said, death is the preferable solution.

And what it seems that you want is a slower game, where there's no fun maths, where it's literally just reliant on your self buffs and nothing else. That doesn't work. You can either scale everything down so that works, or you can HAMSTER the game up so much when you have chase items with 1% drop rate or something, and every run takes about 3 hours to complete, and then NO ONE would ever be endgame and people would just HAMSTER off.

Go back to table top. Please.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    This is a CW thread about the changes to CW and not a place to bully each other over your ideas on changes. If you want to talk about GWF changes go to that thread please.

AS for the CW changes and mod 15 in general. I think what we see is what we will get. I don't expect the devs to actually make any actual changes to the class beyond what is on test. My guess is they will wait to see it hit live, monitor how game data and use that to help make further changes come mod 16.

As for the current mod has anyone tested a full MoF using Swath and Critical Conflag to see if they work better than using Swath with Chilling or Chilling with Arcane Presence?

Has anyone checked to see if the devs made changes to enchantments in mod 15? Want to know if the Fey is still BiS for DPS and the Dread is BiS for support.

• Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

AS for the CW changes and mod 15 in general. I think what we see is what we will get. I don't expect the devs to actually make any actual changes to the class beyond what is on test. My guess is they will wait to see it hit live, monitor how game data and use that to help make further changes come mod 16.

Top 10 saddest anime deaths.
  • Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Looks like some of you want to play an entirely different game.
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    itbls said:

Suggestion: Also make "Frost Wave" increase damage of cold powers by 100%. So it can actually be somewhat useful
    Right now I only see Frost Wave being some what useful in pvp(gross).

Ice knife is undoubtly the best single target daily in the game, it has maximum damage by % of base weapon, does prone, it's a cast and forget power, and adds chill stacks to control in prociding powers, and you want to basicly, make it deal nearly triple damage, and reduce it's cast time even more?
    Both disintegrate and ice knife are already overperforming compared to the rest of powers of CWs, those powers cannot be touched anymore.
    I love my cw, but i personally think we need more AoE damage, for single target we already have ice knife, disintegrate, the last hero feat that increases single target damage by 30%, and ray of enfeblement, but for AoE we realisticly only have steal time, the other AoE powers don't deal hard AoE damage and rely on procs from feats.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    divectore said:

itbls said:

Suggestion: Also make "Frost Wave" increase damage of cold powers by 100%. So it can actually be somewhat useful
    Right now I only see Frost Wave being some what useful in pvp(gross).

Ice knife is undoubtly the best single target daily in the game, it has maximum damage by % of base weapon, does prone, it's a cast and forget power, and adds chill stacks to control in prociding powers, and you want to basicly, make it deal nearly triple damage, and reduce it's cast time even more?
    Both disintegrate and ice knife are already overperforming compared to the rest of powers of CWs, those powers cannot be touched anymore.
    I love my cw, but i personally think we need more AoE damage, for single target we already have ice knife, disintegrate, the last hero feat that increases single target damage by 30%, and ray of enfeblement, but for AoE we realisticly only have steal time, the other AoE powers don't deal hard AoE damage and rely on procs from feats.
    That is a nice story and all but as far as reality goes it isnot the truth in fact if you sort daily powers by percentage of weapon damage:

I am too lazy to sum up all the hits from brood of hadar, otherwise it would be rank 1 on the list, but as you can see Ice Knife is already "not number 1." My only issue with Ice Knife is the animation, change that and leave the rest of the power alone.

As far as imprisonment goes I would like to propose replacing it with "Haste." Haste would have a base duration of 22 seconds, would have a base AP gain of 8.8% and the effect would be as follows:

For 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds, increase the groups action speed by 50%. Increasing action speed would be a multiplier on movement speed, attack speed (so animations play faster and can be spammed faster) and would add 25% to recharge speed increase during the duration. Furthermore, it would reduce internal cooldowns of powers in a similar manner to recovery, with a "cooldown recovery" value of 50%. It would be an Arcane Power and, like Imprisonment it would still be a utility power. The power would have a very short animation, as having a long animation would clash with it being an action speed buff.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

As far as imprisonment goes I would like to propose replacing it with "Haste." Haste would have a base duration of 22 seconds, would have a base AP gain of 8.8% and the effect would be as follows:

For 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds, increase the groups action speed by 50%. Increasing action speed would be a multiplier on movement speed, attack speed (so animations play faster and can be spammed faster) and would add 25% to recharge speed increase during the duration. Furthermore, it would reduce internal cooldowns of powers in a similar manner to recovery, with a "cooldown recovery" value of 50%. It would be an Arcane Power and, like Imprisonment it would still be a utility power. The power would have a very short animation, as having a long animation would clash with it being an action speed buff.

Is it bad that my first thought on seeing this is that it would make it so much simpler for me to troll my teammates in T9/CODG?
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @terramak

Hi,
    When is it previewed to have the possibility for a Wizard to use the spell 'Fire Ball"? (The most famous spell of wizards in D&D Univers)

Thx for your feedback.
    Brew.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    brewald said:

@terramak

Hi,
    When is it previewed to have the possibility for a Wizard to use the spell 'Fire Ball"? (The most famous spell of wizards in D&D Univers)

Thx for your feedback.
    Brew.

We already have the giant SNOWBALL to stand beside before throwing! I mean I think it still needs a bit of improvement! Perhaps that be addressed, by improving Arcane Presence, a bit more as some would like to see...

But heard talk of replacing Immobilization by DEVs, but will that be in time for MOD 16, likely only they know the answer. If I remember the wording was, "we realize Immobilization does not fit well within either paragon's rotation..." and only a slight hint of it being possibly replaced.

Though they never confirmed, or just revising what it does, or if they will replace it. Perhaps with something entirely new? Still what's more perfect to pair a giant SNOWBALL with a medium hot burningFIRE BALL? ;)

After all both paragon's of Wizard could likely benefit, regardless if Spellstorm or a Master of Flame. Fireball could just offer different things to one Paragon, verses how they BUFF like several Paladin encounter's already differently. :o

@noworries#8859
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

There's a very short answer to why we don't do something like that. We can't. With the way animations and FX are hooked up in the engine, we don't currently have a way to tell parts of it to play faster on the fly.

GWF actually has a duplicate of every single power they have, which is sped up, so that feature can work for them. That isn't too feasible to do with every class in the game.

Being able to modify animation/fx speeds through a power is something we have recently begun looking into, but it will be a while before we have that working smoothly enough that we could even consider such a power (and we could always run into significant enough issues to drop the new tech).