test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam Play [PC][LINUX]

kofrakofra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
There are 5 positive entries at https://spcr.netlify.com/app/109600 , I want to know if anyone else has had problems with the client launching, and maybe if some mod can help us with some technical advice. Steam is tweaking proton, the more we know, the faster we can fix these things. My launcher actually works, and it is able to download and patch everything, but it stops responding when I click to launch the game. Is there anyone at arch involved with the Steam efforts to have a stable Wine version of Neverwinter?
Tagged:

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Neverwinter runs stable on Wine alone.
    Steams Proton includes DXVK patches. They seem to break compatibality.
    I had the same game not launching issue when I patched my Wine with DXVK.
  • kofrakofra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Better yet, is there a launcher command that will throw everything into a logfile, so I can find out what's happening?
    So I got a log. I don't know if the game is trying to pull something from a place that does not exist, since the Wine console is is named " Z:\home\user\.steam\steam\steamapps\common\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe"

[common launcher things, everything ready to start]
    [ready button pressed]
    requested language id 1 (ChineseTraditional resources not avaiabele! //I selected english, is this a bug?
    Unable to read VR Path Registry from C:\users\steamuser\Local Settings\Application Data\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath
    [Wine freezes]

Neverwinter runs stable on Wine alone.
    Steams Proton includes DXVK patches. They seem to break compatibality.
    I had the same game not launching issue when I patched my Wine with DXVK.

I don't know why, but I did not see your post.
    Just tried that. I'll report this to the developers. Thanks!
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    i have no issues in running neverwinter via steam play on linux. about the only issue i may have is that my mouse look is extremely touchy other than that i have been able to play and farm. you didn't state which linux distro you were using plus if you are using the linux based graphics driver or proprietary one like from nvidia.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

i have no issues in running neverwinter via steam play on linux. about the only issue i may have is that my mouse look is extremely touchy other than that i have been able to play and farm. you didn't state which linux distro you were using plus if you are using the linux based graphics driver or proprietary one like from nvidia.

You can fix a mouse look issue by telling wine to create a desktop. I don't know how you'd do that with proton, however.
  • eztigmaxeztigmax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can't lunch the game :'(

cryptic luncher update
    unable to establish connection patch server, please check your internet connection if the problems persist please contact tecnical support

I don't know what to do plz help