test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

War Boar not available

gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

I wish to buy War Boar.

The War Boar is a defender companion that can be found in the Great Weapon Fighter Booster Pack and Binds on Pickup (Character) so is not possible to find War Boar on Auction House.

I can't find the Great Weapon Fighter Booster Pack to be purchased from from the Zen Market for Zen 3,500.

The Great Weapon Fighter Booster Pack is not available on Zen Market.

I'm very interested to purchase War Boar.
Please tell me how can I do.

I have already submitted a support ticket and Game Master has sent me this reply:

Moderator removed private correspondence.

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The class boosters packs have been removed from the Zen Market (very sadly) recently, you can check the details
    here

There are currently no way to get the unique companion, titles and transmutes that came with them :(
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are currently discussing how to make certain items from the class packs available through other means.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Ty,
    kreatyve said:

They are currently discussing how to make certain items from the class packs available through other means.

The "currently discussing" are between the development team and we can hope news about other ways to get those items (included in class packs) ?
    In the future we can hope to get those items?

Ty very much.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If those packs weren't selling, wouldn't leaving them in zen market and reducing the price work?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Not sure Grey, I think it's more related to the ability of having an army of account bound companions (speculation from my part, but still an hypothesis). Maybe they don't like that, as it could be reducing the purchases of other companions.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    What it means is that they're currently discussing ways to get the pack items back into the game in a more lucrative manner for them. All those packs were overpriced so if they weren't selling enough there's your reason. New solution, adjust zen market pricing to be reasonable for what you actually get.

McDonald's wouldn't have lasted this long if they charged $15 for a substandard burger.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Any info about the discussion? Any solution yet?

Spidey
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Thanks
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Some companions from old class booster packs like Werewolf (GF), Erinyes of Belial (SW), Red Slaad (CW), Greenscale Bowman (TR) or Hunting Hawk (HR) you can find in epic dungeon chests and in AH, but no War Boar.

Why ?
    2fv72Fw.png
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2019

What it means is that they're currently discussing ways to get the pack items back into the game in a more lucrative manner for them. All those packs were overpriced so if they weren't selling enough there's your reason. New solution, adjust zen market pricing to be reasonable for what you actually get.

McDonald's wouldn't have lasted this long if they charged $15 for a substandard burger.

A lot of those now unavailable packs, as pricey as they were, were only worth the price specifically because of some of the items including account wide items they contained.

Now with Neverwinter bringing out new packs, $99.99 each, neither of which have account wide items like the previous packs, a couple of things seem evident to me...
    1. The new packs seem to contain fewer useful items than the old packs,
    2. Considering what's in the new packs, they appear to be more expensive (by $40) than the old packs,
    3. None of the items appear to be account wide, instead they're "usable by one character on your account",
    4. And I'm glad I purchased the Guardian of Neverwinter pack before they were taken away.

Anyway that's my 2¢
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Guardian pack is still there with a new name.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Outside of VIP and maybe race adds, I find little value in the stuff offered in the Zen store at the prices they charge. Even the character slots have lost value since they keep restricting and limiting things account wide now. I am willing and able to throw some real money to Cryptic but they have to give me something of value at the right price. And I prefer everyday low prices vs. sales and black friday deals.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    pitshade said:

Guardian pack is still there with a new name.

Well since I've already purchased one, I suppose I'm not able to see it... that kind of figures :s I am curious however about how the contents of the new pack compares to the previous one.

Outside of VIP and maybe race adds, I find little value in the stuff offered in the Zen store at the prices they charge. Even the character slots have lost value since they keep restricting and limiting things account wide now. I am willing and able to throw some real money to Cryptic but they have to give me something of value at the right price. And I prefer everyday low prices vs. sales and black friday deals.

VIP as a reward in the new player packs aren't for everyone... ditto for the "race adds", whatever that is.

For instance there are many months where due to real world responsibilities, I'm not able to sign in to claim my reward every day, or for several days during the course of the VIP availability.

Since VIP runs 30 consecutive calendar days, instead of 30 'sign in' days, I'm of the opinion that if I'm not able to claim the entirety of - or at least the majority of the benefits of my VIP purchase it isn't worth the price...

Currently I've only purchased VIP a couple of times and in addition I have a couple of free VIP reward tokens stashed in my personal bank account that I currently have no plans to use just because if I'm not going to be able to garner the maximum benefit from it, I'm not going to use them, and I'm certainly not going to buy any.

Now if someone decided to make VIP benefits available for 30 'sign in" days, instead of 30 consecutive calendar days, I'd probably purchase VIP every time my current VIP expired because I do believe it is worth it - but only if you have the opportunity to claim all - or most of the benefits VIP offers.

As I said previously what made the player packs "worth it" for me were the account wide benefits.

The Greycloaks Legacy weapon and the Ring of Violet Luminescence were great for when I purchased a character slot to start a new character and with the Epic Vicious Dire Wolf (level 35 companion) and the Epic Medium Adventurer's Horse (increases mounted speed 110%), I felt it kind of justified for spending the what I thought at the time was 'a little high' purchase price, because of the availability of those account wide items.

As a matter of fact due to those account wide items I ended up purchasing every character slot my account was able to hold - much to my chagrin now because with some of the recent changes, having 50 playable characters is currently of little or no benefit - other than using those characters for storage.
    DD~