test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Profession: Cooking

I am sure this has been brought up before but I really want to bring it up myself, mainly because of Donaar Blitz'en's Yum Yum Hut.
(For those outside the loop, Donaar is the Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut who is a member of C Team for Acquisitions Incorporated.)

I am not proposing a way to make potions as that would ruin a few things in game, but rather a different approach: Food Items with Buffs.

Now food items already exist in game but are really only available during special events or holidays. I think it would really cool to have a full on Cooking Profession and have food that provided buffs that could only be obtained via the profession.

Thoughts?

Comments

• wraiven#8402 wraiven Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well there are also the guild foods you can buy... I mean i for one am for it, i love professions, so adding in any professions adds more fun for me.. But why not just use the guild food
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I'd prefer them making the crafting they've already implemented be useful beyond RP farming by alt armies and MW professions that have a barrier to entry generally too high for typical players, and so mostly just serve to allow already-rich hardcore players to have unlimited wealth and generally control the market.......

I'd love to see stats on which Profession projects actual get run. I'm sure about 15-20 projects make up about 95% of profession utilization, which means the vast bulk of it is a huge waste of space. I can't wait to see what sort of rework their bringing in mod15.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    stove, rolling pin, chef's knife, mixing bowl

but what level would usable food items be produced

25?? few professions produce anything useful at level 25

MC1 2 3 4 ??

MC 4 maybe, but then again . . . useful items . . . for the most part useful items from professions seem to be in a very narrow range around Stronghold decorations and parts to make other MCx items
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    I already stash a lot of guild food and summer event food. So much that my characters cannot eat them fast enough. I want to craft a refrigerator to store them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***