test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I wish we had the Tabaxi race in this game

unbarbunbarb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I know this will never happen but i'll keep believing.

Comments

• Options
    eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I wish we did too. Catto race when CRYPTIC
  • Options
    Tabaxi and lizardfolk please. :)
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    And I can promise that I will spend money on it. This is the only thing that MUST have: P
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Like they say in that other Cryptic game, "Make it so!"

*crosses paws and hopes that Tabaxi become a reality in *this* game!*
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Yea I love the Catfolk or Tabaxi - sometimes drop their picture from Wizard's in the Race Feedback thread!

Oh god yes please @mimicking#6533 - :blush:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfolk
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabaxi

There's also different types of catfolk with different variations, some having more Leopard, or Jaguar type pelts or bigger snouts, or a few other subtle variations very similar in fact... to all the colorations, or some Dragonborn having more exaggerated facial characteristics but all are often referred as Catfolk.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    +1 for the catfolk.
    @mimicking#6533 - I demand promises! You can't be wishy washy around cats, they really will go for the eyes...
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Tabaxi that would fall under ranger type bow and daggers? why not fix the ranger we have already so all paths are playable with game instead of just 1 path that'only works if u have a small windowed set up.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

We have had discussions about this, but I can't promise you anything right meow.

Still shocked you didn't get Genasi into the game - minimal work required to add *4* new races!
    *Hint, hint*
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    What Holiday is the Tabaxi's favorite?

Caturday \0/
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    mushellka said:

And I can promise that I will spend money on it. This is the only thing that MUST have: P

I'd be willing to do the same for a Tabaxi.

It be nice if they had several variants of Catfolk / Tabaxi similar to Dragonborn are acquired or customized. ;)
    cdnbison said:

We have had discussions about this, but I can't promise you anything right meow.

Still shocked you didn't get Genasi into the game - minimal work required to add *4* new races!
    *Hint, hint*
    Yea though there is a lot of work tweaking all the texture's available to adding a new race. But I think it be great to see a Taxabi /Catfolk as a purchasable race individually or as part of a pack. Though I'd love to see a Gnome introduced as well! A Genasi is one of the more common 'planetouched' humanoids similar to Tiefling surely some might like that as well...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Genasi
    bobby4700 said:

Tabaxi that would fall under ranger type bow and daggers? why not fix the ranger we have already so all paths are playable with game instead of just 1 path that'only works if u have a small windowed set up.

There is nothing really wrong with how Hunter's work today, except they require to fix Pathfinder with Careful Attack.

But otherwise Archer is a mostly viable today, and Combat path is highly desired at End-Game, Trapper could use 'slight' improvement but nothing significant. There are also several hybrid builds with Archery & Combat, or Combat & Trapper that can offer more variety to extend the Dominant Feat Path once a Capstone is selected. :)

Tabaxi / Catfolk are a Race that would definitely favor Hunter Ranger, Rogue, or Guardian Fighter as they are well know to show a favoritism toward fighter with a disposition towards DEX.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Cat jokes, is it?

• Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    People... we still dont have Aasimar... even we have Tieflings for almost from launch.

We had Elemental Evil but we didn't have Genasi race too.